+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cajuns are all over scheduling now

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Cajuns are all over scheduling now

Jay Walker is dissing us on the radio down here in Lafayette today. OK State is on their home schedule for 2010. Of course they are bringing up the additional costs of travel in the WAC as being the reason we can't afford to have the extra home game.

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Re: The Cajuns are all over scheduling now

Well - honestly maybe a little embarassment well get things on the right track. Somebody get DR listening to this.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Jay Walker is dissing us on the radio down here in Lafayette today. OK State is on their home schedule for 2010. Of course they are bringing up the additional costs of travel in the WAC as being the reason we can't afford to have the extra home game.
    Not that i am not embarrassed, etc, but the cajuns really need to focus on fielding a competitive football team. Same with ulm....neither have had a winning season since in the past 10 years.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

well they got beat by McNeese 38-17

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

I fail to see how anything said in Lafayette could ever be construed to be embarrassing for us. The day we get smoked at home by 4 touchdowns by a 1-AA school down the road, then, I think they could embarrass us. I would say that someone could call in with actual travel cost data vs. conference distribution, but I don't think the time investment would be worth trying to shout down a drive time shock jock in a tertiary market.

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Good. I hope our administration is embarrassed nationally (Dooley excluded, of course). They need to be. They need to understand that their style of management is, apparently, not the norm and that some foolish decisions are being made (example: KANSAS).

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    Not that i am not embarrassed, etc, but the cajuns really need to focus on fielding a competitive football team. Same with ulm....neither have had a winning season since in the past 10 years.
    Hmmm....and of those same last ten years, how many winning seasons has Tech had?

Tech is the small school that the big schools CHOOSE to play. Until Tech climbs out of the football ditch it currently occupies, it NEEDS to play some of these big-name schools to regain its reputation. Personally, I think Dooley is the right person for the job, at least from what I've seen so far, and I don't mean the humiliating losses....to me, I see a new discipline and direction for the team that may take a year or two to come together. Until then, Tech's leadership should swallow a little pride and work out deals that will benefit the direction of the program for the long haul. Again, only my opinion.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Hmmm....and of those same last ten years, how many winning seasons has Tech had?

Tech is the small school that the big schools CHOOSE to play. Until Tech climbs out of the football ditch it currently occupies, it NEEDS to play some of these big-name schools to regain its reputation. Personally, I think Dooley is the right person for the job, at least from what I've seen so far, and I don't mean the humiliating losses....to me, I see a new discipline and direction for the team that may take a year or two to come together. Until then, Tech's leadership should swallow a little pride and work out deals that will benefit the direction of the program for the long haul. Again, only my opinion.
    Tech has had 4 winning seasons in the last 10 years.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

And don't say SFA too loud

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

ULL can take a running leap off the same short pier as ULWho down the road. I could care less what they think. About any topic. Much less what we do or do not do. Come talk to me when you can actually win a game in your own pitiful conference, sugar.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I know it hurts, but this kind of publicity is the only thing that will get our administration to do the right thing.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I know it hurts, but this kind of publicity is the only thing that will get our administration to do the right thing.
    Hurt doesn't even begin to describe it. I hate what that man has done to our school and our football program. :bigcry::bigcry:

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Hurt doesn't even begin to describe it. I hate what that man has done to our school and our football program. :bigcry::bigcry:
    Take heart...I have a feeling that change is coming. If there's one thing Reneau hates, its embarassment. Sometimes this administration must be FORCED to do the right thing. Befoere the Kansas news broke, there was probably a real possibility that our home game against A&M would be moved to San Antonio. Eventually, somebody is going to get tired of taking all the blame...whether they deserve it or not. I talked to a guy who's in the business this afternoon and he spoke VERY highly of Buskirk. If DallasDog is right, our staff will soon be growing. I do think things are headed in the right direction, but the administration MUST prove that they are serious. Are they? We'll soon see.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

I sure hope so JL. I sure hope so. I had thought we were already. But it's become clear to me that as long as that man is AD, boneheaded moves like this are going to continue. He does not get it. Does he care about Tech at ALL? How long has he been AD? How many winning seasons have we had under his tenure? What about the other programs? Can somebody put together a before and after? What has this person actually accomplished? We joined the WAC...what else. Show me.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post

DONW already answered your question. While 4/10 isn't anything to brag about, it is certainly better than 0/20 which is how many winning season the cajuns and the indians have had the past 10 years.

Regarding your second comment, Tech NEEDS to start WINNING on a consistent basis...whether it's Michigan State or Slippery Rock. That's is what is best for Tech in the long haul. Repeatedly whoring the program out in one and done "pay day" games is not.

+ Reply to Thread