+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassed on late night ESPN radio

Varsity Bulldog big_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nice big_crazy_jake's Avatar

Embarrassed on late night ESPN radio

I was listening to "Game Night" with Doug Gottlieb and he was discussing the schedule of LSU and its difficulty, etc. He went on to talk about non-conf. schedule for them and went about listing them, and when he gets to us, these are his words (somewhat paraphrased): "...later on they (LSU) play UL-Monroe, err... ULL or Lafayette, or whatever they're called. It's one of those "other" Louisiana teams I guess...it really doesn't matter"

I don't know about you guys, but I was extremely embarrassed with this. Is this what we have become? The same company as NLULM, ULL, etc.? I thought we'd made some racket this year playing Hawaii and Boise so well. Plus there are those times we'd upset FSU two years in a row..... And the OKST, and previously Alabama...

I guess we aren't noticeable anymore:bigcry:. This is really disturbing. I definately thought we wouldn't be that looked over. It's kinda hard to digest.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Re: Embarrassed on late night ESPN radio

But that's exactly what I said when we stupidly accepted the deal to play them on their terms in the first place - That we would just be lumped in with the ul's. We should have never accepted a deal to rotate with ulala and lum as the tigger's whipping boys.

Varsity Bulldog big_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nice big_crazy_jake's Avatar

I just don't like being in that company. I've always, since I was a kid, thought of them to be 2nd rate programs, and Tech to be a fine program. But it kills me to know that the "public", as in those outside Ruston/Tech community, think of us as another "sister of the poor" program. I have a hard time accepting this.

Sorry for adding another log on the scheduling fire.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    But that's exactly what I said when we stupidly accepted the deal to play them on their terms in the first place - That we would just be lumped in with the ul's. We should have never accepted a deal to rotate with ulala and lum as the tigger's whipping boys.
    EXACTLY.

And those wins against Alabama, OkSU, MichSU, etc., mean nothing because our AD DID NOTHING to build on those successes.

The "Just Win" philosophy DOES NOT BUILD A PROGRAM.

Oakes needs to be gone.

All I have to say is remember Terry Tate, the motivational linebacker for the office, commercial? I don't think Coach Dooley would oppose this to shake up admin.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

We should not be playing lsu under the terms that we are now. I was never for this game. Even if we win one they will just say it was a fluke. We got lumped in with the ul's by doing this. Another stupid scheduling screw-up by oaks.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

One humiliation after another. Gosh thanks so much for making a great program the laughing stock of the country. We are all loving this.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

on that note; and please forgive me, i mean no disrespect (I was not here when these wins occurred);

But Saturday morning i was looking around the stadium and it just dawned on me; that the games that are in Tech's ring of honor were all a long time ago; and YES they were program building wins that put a program on the map.....

and yet; and again, i apologize; i found myself thinking; how many other division one universities (in the place where Tech wishes to be) list wins over other schools for non Bowl games in their ring of honor....

This is not a criticsm; but just a statement that from that proud beginning; how far the program has to go

(i still think dooley is the man to get us there.......this isnt a criticism of him).

Bulldog geek34 has turned a few heads around heregeek34 has turned a few heads around heregeek34 has turned a few heads around here geek34's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
    on that note; and please forgive me, i mean no disrespect (I was not here when these wins occurred);

But Saturday morning i was looking around the stadium and it just dawned on me; that the games that are in Tech's ring of honor were all a long time ago; and YES they were program building wins that put a program on the map.....

and yet; and again, i apologize; i found myself thinking; how many other division one universities (in the place where Tech wishes to be) list wins over other schools for non Bowl games in their ring of honor....

This is not a criticsm; but just a statement that from that proud beginning; how far the program has to go

(i still think dooley is the man to get us there.......this isnt a criticism of him).
    I agree. We need to set higher standards for a banner than a regular season victory.

Varsity Bulldog ProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by big_crazy_jake View Post
    I was listening to "Game Night" with Doug Gottlieb and he was discussing the schedule of LSU and its difficulty, etc. He went on to talk about non-conf. schedule for them and went about listing them, and when he gets to us, these are his words (somewhat paraphrased): "...later on they (LSU) play UL-Monroe, err... ULL or Lafayette, or whatever they're called. It's one of those "other" Louisiana teams I guess...it really doesn't matter"

I don't know about you guys, but I was extremely embarrassed with this. Is this what we have become? The same company as NLULM, ULL, etc.? I thought we'd made some racket this year playing Hawaii and Boise so well. Plus there are those times we'd upset FSU two years in a row..... And the OKST, and previously Alabama...

I guess we aren't noticeable anymore:bigcry:. This is really disturbing. I definately thought we wouldn't be that looked over. It's kinda hard to digest.
    Gottlieb better know who we are. We beat his Ok St alma mater in 03.

And did I miss when folks on here decided us playing LSU was a bad idea? If it's because we're afraid of getting lumped in with ULM/ULL perhaps we should be worried due to our play in recent years. If we begin putting up some solid performances, people will take notice. Tulane, who is not a good football team, hung with LSU. God I hope we're at least as good as them and can perhaps hang around for awhile.

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfStudent158 View Post
    Gottlieb better know who we are. We beat his Ok St alma mater in 03.

And did I miss when folks on here decided us playing LSU was a bad idea? If it's because we're afraid of getting lumped in with ULM/ULL perhaps we should be worried due to our play in recent years. If we begin putting up some solid performances, people will take notice. Tulane, who is not a good football team, hung with LSU. God I hope we're at least as good as them and can perhaps hang around for awhile.
    For me, it was last year and this year upon watching Boise and Hawaii get tons of publicity and have great success by having a reasonable/winnable schedule. By playing LSU in one of our down years, we are doing them a favor. The money they pay us is not worth it because we lose the support of the casual bandwagon fans who then, in turn, take their money and support to the program that is succeeding.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    One humiliation after another. Gosh thanks so much for making a great program the laughing stock of the country. We are all loving this.
    Louisiana Tech continues to miss the boat as far as building on momentum. This Kansas deal was just another chance to increase the fan base that has riden into the sunset. We didnt build on year we were in teh Indy Bowl, we didnt build on our year in the top 25 and beating Bama, and we didnt build on the year we won the WAC and went to the H'bowl. This administration has a legacy, and its consistant. We're like the folks standing on the dock when the others are on the ship headed out on a cruise and there we are, just waiving our little hankies goodbye to another missed opportunity

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of journalist / broadcaster would go on the air to talk about LSU's schedule without even knowing what teams are on the schedule?

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    Louisiana Tech continues to miss the boat as far as building on momentum. This Kansas deal was just another chance to increase the fan base that has riden into the sunset. We didnt build on year we were in teh Indy Bowl, we didnt build on our year in the top 25 and beating Bama, and we didnt build on the year we won the WAC and went to the H'bowl. This administration has a legacy, and its consistant. We're like the folks standing on the dock when the others are on the ship headed out on a cruise and there we are, just waiving our little hankies goodbye to another missed opportunity
    That is what you call - "sacrificing tomorrow's dime for today's nickel."

+ Reply to Thread