+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Louisiana Tech Administration

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Louisiana Tech Administration

See no Progress

Hear no Progress

Speak no Progress

"T"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Louisiana Tech Administration

Funny stuff!

Honestly, however, we are making great strides right now in all of our programs:

We have spent the cash needed to get a new football coach.

We have Karl Malone helping us out with our basketball program.

We have spent money to get a new basketball coach.

We have a really nice new floor in the TAC.

We've fixed our lighting issues in JAS.

We're competitive again in football every week, and we have a defense.

It appears Dooley is recruiting well.

We have turf in JAS.

We average over 18,000 fans per game, and those fans are more rowdy than I've ever seen them. That's for a team that's 3-5!

Baseball is really looking up, and the campus has never looked better (especially north of the RR tracks).

Tailgating is the best it's ever been.

Yes, there's more to do, but we've come a long way in a year or so.
    Last edited by DawgyNWindow; 10-27-2007 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Forgot the great tailgating!

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Funny stuff!

Honestly, however, we are making great strides right now in all of our programs:

We have turf in JAS.

We average over 18,000 fans per game, and those fans are more rowdy than I've ever seen them. That's for a team that's 3-5!

Baseball is really looking up, and the campus has never looked better (especially north of the RR tracks).

Good post.................... this is a good clear statement of where we are....................

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Ditto!

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I agree.
    But it took the worst football season in the history of Louisiana Tech with disgruntle fans calling out DR for anything to be done by the administration. I would say that most people are more upset about the 12+ years of inaction than the year or so of action.

Plus, what has the administration actually done on their own?
    The Field Turf and TAC Floor where donated. I think a few would argue that the new baskeball coach had connections. ESPN forced the lights to be fixed. And the fans did/are doing the rest.

In fact, I would say that because DR has come out and stated that "he will only fund this for three years" that he has actually established a failure date. I mean really, what is it he wants "us" to fund? How much does "funding it" cost? How does he propose "we" fund this?

One year down, two to go, and still Dan's plan is a no show.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

We've got a few good things going, but we still have a LONG way to go...just to get to average.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

I am thankful for the good things that have been done. But the fact is that most of what was done should have been done by a competent administration. They weren't. The administration really has not made anything good happen on their own. One little step is all we need. Find a competent AD and the sky is the limit. I am in Jonesboro, Ark for the Troy game. We have a hell of a long ways to go to catch up to Ark State. I am really shocked at the difference in their facilities and ours.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    I am thankful for the good things that have been done. But the fact is that most of what was done should have been done by a competent administration. They weren't. The administration really has not made anything good happen on their own. One little step is all we need. Find a competent AD and the sky is the limit. I am in Jonesboro, Ark for the Troy game. We have a hell of a long ways to go to catch up to Ark State. I am really shocked at the difference in their facilities and ours.
    Dang, what happened to Ark St today? They got drilled.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

I just thought the pictures would be funny... They are in spirit of our [Opponent of the Week] Look alike threads.

I agree with statements made on both sides of the issue. Up until this Kansas Debacle, nearly everyone was pleased with the way things were going and the progress that has already been made. Our Admin has a tough crowd to please now that getting our feathers ruffled produced results in the (recent) past. They won't make all of the perfect decisions, but making all of the major decisions... let just go with adequately... right now is what it is going to take.

Like I said... I just though the pictures were humorous. Idle minds are the Devils play-house! [dang half time]

"T"

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

Funny stuff!

We have turf in JAS.

We ARE improving, but imagine how much better we could be with a TRUE athletic director!!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Dang, what happened to Ark St today? They got drilled.
    Yeah, facilities may not help the on field performance. Everyone from the Athletic Director, Dean Lee, a hell of a nice guy (and competent) on down was disappointed in the outcome of the game. I sat in his end zone suite for much of the game. Also was shown through their press box and booster seating which is very impressive. Their stadium kind of reminds me of Texas Tech's. Their field is absolutely gorgeous. They have brick ticket offices, real concession stands and apparrel shops - almost like a mini mall - and a huge Jumbotron. And the Troy band with about 310 members will absolutely blast you out of the stadium. I hope we schedule Ark State sometime soon and some of ya'll can make the trip and see what they have up here. Pictures don't do it justice. We have so far to go just to catch up.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Yeah, facilities may not help the on field performance. Everyone from the Athletic Director, Dean Lee, a hell of a nice guy (and competent) on down was disappointed in the outcome of the game. I sat in his end zone suite for much of the game. Also was shown through their press box and booster seating which is very impressive. Their stadium kind of reminds me of Texas Tech's. Their field is absolutely gorgeous. They have brick ticket offices, real concession stands and apparrel shops - almost like a mini mall - and a huge Jumbotron. And the Troy band with about 310 members will absolutely blast you out of the stadium. I hope we schedule Ark State sometime soon and some of ya'll can make the trip and see what they have up here. Pictures don't do it justice. We have so far to go just to catch up.
    The problem is our admin doesn't get that. They think our facilties are on par or just above all the Sunbelt teams. Hell many of the posters on this board probably didn't know Ark. St. had nicer facilities. The fact of the matter is what we have done thus far is nothing but a nice start. It needs to be continued and greatly expanded upon.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Flipping channels... ASU v. Troy is re-playing on CST. ASU's stadium looks good. (And Troy's stadium/athletics upgrades are well-documented...) Also, catching USM v. UCF live. How about the Golden Eagles' upgrades? Wow. Endzone seating, suites, and a party deck being built. Interesting talk by the ESPN crew about USM's stadium work and recruiting...and UCF just built a brand new stadium...

Thanks JOakes. You've wasted a DECADE...

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    Flipping channels... ASU v. Troy is re-playing on CST. ASU's stadium looks good. (And Troy's stadium/athletics upgrades are well-documented...) Also, catching USM v. UCF live. How about the Golden Eagles' upgrades? Wow. Endzone seating, suites, and a party deck being built. Interesting talk by the ESPN crew about USM's stadium work and recruiting...and UCF just built a brand new stadium...

Thanks JOakes. You've wasted a DECADE...

Exactly

+ Reply to Thread