+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawaii and the BCS???

Big Dog barkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Hawaii and the BCS???

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    undefeated is undefeated. the record that would count would be 11-0. if the BCS rankings have Hawaii in a position to fo to a BCS bowl, they'll go. It's deserving. If you hate Hawaii and every team like them, then join BCS Inc. and change the way the computers compute and make where no team outside the BCS conferences can make it to a BCS bowl, which seems what you want it to be...

Oh, and the thing I like most about Tech's scheduling is if we run the table and go undefeated, there is NO excuse for Tech not to be in the NC game since it will be wins against 2-3 BCS teams, 8 WAC teams, and 1 or 2 other OOC teams
    I root for non-bcs teams all of the time but have some balls and schedule somebody. Boise did it, Utah did it, TCU schedules tough, and what do you know? Those are all teams that people respect. When a computer doesn't even respect you then you know something is wrong. I hope the human voters keep Hawaii right where they are the rest of the season.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barkinloud View Post
    I root for non-bcs teams all of the time but have some balls and schedule somebody. Boise did it, Utah did it, TCU schedules tough, and what do you know? Those are all teams that people respect. When a computer doesn't even respect you then you know something is wrong. I hope the human voters keep Hawaii right where they are the rest of the season.
    BSU, UU, and TCU have the advantage of being in the CONUS... Hawaii is very isolated. And you can't fault Hawaii for NO ONE wanting to go to the islands. They tried, and tried, and tried, and EVERYONE SAID NO.

I think the easiest solution for Hawaii is to make a "satellite campus" in California for their athletes and help... Granted, that won't go over well with Hawaii fans, or anyone else on the islands. But it is the only way they will be able to do what they need and want to do.

Big Dog barkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

BSU, UU, and TCU have the advantage of being in the CONUS... Hawaii is very isolated. And you can't fault Hawaii for NO ONE wanting to go to the islands. They tried, and tried, and tried, and EVERYONE SAID NO.

I think the easiest solution for Hawaii is to make a "satellite campus" in California for their athletes and help... Granted, that won't go over well with Hawaii fans, or anyone else on the islands. But it is the only way they will be able to do what they need and want to do.

Those are just excuses by the Hawaii AD. Its funny how you'll take the word of another school's ad but you won't take the word of your own school's ad. Hawaii has never had trouble luring opponents to the islands and they never will. Also, your notion of an undefeated Hawaii as being comparable to Boise of last year is utterly ridiculous and an insult to Boise. Last year, Boise had Wyoming and Oregon St. on their schedule. Those are games they could have very easily lost. That is a far far cry from Northern Colorado and Charleston Southern.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Those are just excuses by the Hawaii AD. Its funny how you'll take the word of another school's ad but you won't take the word of your own school's ad. Hawaii has never had trouble luring opponents to the islands and they never will. Also, your notion of an undefeated Hawaii as being comparable to Boise of last year is utterly ridiculous and an insult to Boise. Last year, Boise had Wyoming and Oregon St. on their schedule. Those are games they could have very easily lost. That is a far far cry from Northern Colorado and Charleston Southern.
    Not that is matters, but I haven't heard that from their AD... But from the stuff I have heard from their AD, I would trust him more than ours because he doesn't flat out lie, spin, or anything else JO does when he f***s up (which is about 90% of the time)...

An insult to Boise? Hardly...Wyoming is not a game Boise could have easily of lost. That would be as embarassing as App. State beating Michigan. Oregon St. was good last year, and yes, Boise very well could have lost... But can you blame Hawaii for Washington not pulling out the wins? Can you blame Hawaii for no one coming to the island or wanting them to come to their stadium? People were AFRAID of Hawaii this year... The moment the season was over, everyone was saying "Hawaii is going to be the next Boise St." Nothing has changed between then and now. Everyone has known their schedule is pretty weak with 2 1-aa schools on it. But guess what - they are undefeated, and the BCS still has them ranked pretty good. So gripe all you want, if they get there, they worked for it and deserve it...

Not that is matters, but I haven't heard that from their AD... But from the stuff I have heard from their AD, I would trust him more than ours because he doesn't flat out lie, spin, or anything else JO does when he f***s up (which is about 90% of the time)...

An insult to Boise? Hardly...Wyoming is not a game Boise could have easily of lost. That would be as embarassing as App. State beating Michigan. Oregon St. was good last year, and yes, Boise very well could have lost... But can you blame Hawaii for Washington not pulling out the wins? Can you blame Hawaii for no one coming to the island or wanting them to come to their stadium?
    People were AFRAID of Hawaii this year
    ... The moment the season was over, everyone was saying "Hawaii is going to be the next Boise St." Nothing has changed between then and now. Everyone has known their schedule is pretty weak with 2 1-aa schools on it. But guess what - they are undefeated, and the BCS still has them ranked pretty good. So gripe all you want, if they get there, they worked for it and deserve it...

You actually believe that??

You actually believe that??
    Depends... yes, I believe people were afraid of them. But no, I don't think anyone had a reason to be.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Cal won't be moving ahead of Hawai'i in the BC$ rankings anytime soon...31-20 Arizona State.

Hawai'i leads NMSU 23-3 at halftime.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post

Hawai'i leads NMSU 23-3 at halftime.
    Now all I have to do is dodge 55 points in the second half to win my under 80 bet! Candy from baby!

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

The reason there are arguments is there is no playoff system. As we all know, college football is about money now. There is way more money to be made with the current bowl system. It's not about deciding wich team is best; it's about fans potentialy being happy with a season if they get a bowl game/win (even it it's the KFC Chicken Gizzard Bowl). I think we all know that smaller colleges can play with the bigger ones. Tech went 9-2 a few years ago and did not get a bowl bid. Is it because they weren't good enough? No. It's because teams like Notre Dame will travel with 50 million fans. (i.e. more money). Why do you think preseason polls exist? Is it because it's a great predictor of the quality of teams? No. It's because it gets "fans" of bigger, richer school interested in the upcoming season. (i.e. again more money)

We all know the only way to decide who's best is to have the teams play each other in a playoff format. But that is not what college football is interested in.

Have you ever wondered why the AP and coaches rank teams? What does it mean? Why is it important? Of course I know the playing field isn't as close as it is in the NFL and that's part of the reason that it's done, but does it still mean anything? Reporters and analysts rank NFL teams in the preseason, but it does it have any meaning? It is in no way taken into account for rankings or standings. In college football they actually use these OPINIONS. In college football, it's "you're number one until proven otherwise" or "you're not a good team until proven otherwise". This part of college football is bullshit. When Auburn went undefeated a few years ago and didn't have a chance to play for the NC, that tells us something is wrong.

People can say that computers objectively select the best teams in the nation, but that's not totally true. The AP and coaches' polls are used in that formula, so those teams blessed with unearned preseason rankings are still a leg up on other teams. We all should just know what we're dealing with here.

AP pulled out...

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

AP pulled out...
    True true, I stand corrected. However, I'm still sticking with the spirit of my post.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

The only thing you guys are good at is telling people they are not fans. If only you were accurate.

Now if you want Hawaii to get there because it will help our school, then say that. But, performance on the field matters. Hawaii gave up 40+ points to La. Tech, 37 pts to a pathetic Utah St. and nearly lost to an abysmal San Jose. In addition, Hawaii has not one but two DII colleges on their schedule. That is just ridiculous. I remember how Kansas St. used to be criticized for their schedules but even theirs was not that soft. If Hawaii goes undefeated, they should get a Holiday Bowl invite and no better.
    Hey, I've got news for you,

You're Not A Fan!

Yeah, looks like I am pretty good at that... I even used bolded text.

"T"

Quote Originally Posted by "T" View Post
    Hey, I've got news for you,

You're Not A Fan!

Yeah, looks like I am pretty good at that... I even used bolded text.

"T"

You're right, I'm not a fan of your beloved little rainbows. They can sink to the bottom of the pacific for all I care. Giving that team 13 million dollars would be the biggest waste of 13 million dollars ever. Keep them right where they are pollsters!!!!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

You're right, I'm not a fan of your beloved little rainbows. They can sink to the bottom of the pacific for all I care. Giving that team 13 million dollars would be the biggest waste of 13 million dollars ever. Keep them right where they are pollsters!!!!
    Afraid that won't happen....the final was 50-13 Hawai'i.

Hawai'i was 14 in both human polls that matter last week. Since USC (7/8 last week), Virginia Tech (10/9), Florida (9/11), and South Florida (12/12) all lost, I expect Hawai'i to be around 11 or 12 this week. It is the points that count though not the ranking, and Hawai'i should gain a good number of points with those teams ahead losing.

Hawai'i could get a bump also since it had no help from the computers last week being only in the Peter Wolfe Top 25. A second or third computer Top 25 would give Hawai'i another big boost in ranking points.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Is Hawaii good enough to win a BCS bowl? I don't think so. I think they'll get smoked by a good team. I think they'll lose one of their remaining games as well. However, if they are undefeated at the end of the season and eligible for a BCS bowl and get the invite, then by all means they'll have earned it. They'll have earned it as much as any 6-6 BCS team that gets a minor bowl invite. If they get the points to make it to a BCS bowl, then by the parameters defined by the BCS system, they deserve it as much as any other team.

+ Reply to Thread