+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hawaii and the BCS???

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hawaii and the BCS???

What the NCAA should do is if the offended team such as Hawai'i does not agree the accept a buyout, then the team dropping the game such as Michigan State should have have to play the game. And if they choose not to it counts as a forfeit loss for them and a forfeit win for the offended team. The team that dropped out shouldn't be able to reschedule a replacement game. The team getting stood up should be able to reschedule and should be able to count the forfeit win in the computer rankings.

Varsity Bulldog BrettStah42 has turned a few heads around hereBrettStah42 has turned a few heads around hereBrettStah42 has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    What the NCAA should do is if the offended team such as Hawai'i does not agree the accept a buyout, then the team dropping the game such as Michigan State should have have to play the game. And if they choose not to it counts as a forfeit loss for them and a forfeit win for the offended team. The team that dropped out shouldn't be able to reschedule a replacement game. The team getting stood up should be able to reschedule and should be able to count the forfeit win in the computer rankings.
    Hawaii did not have a choice about accepting the buyout, if the buyout option was in the contract that was agreed upon by both Hawaii and Michigan State. I feel for Hawaii's predicament to a large extent. I know that the NCAA has some special rules in place just for Hawaii, but maybe some additional changes are required to encourage other teams to visit. (Hawaii could refuse to sign any home-and-home contracts that allowed for a buyout, but then I would suspect few teams would sign such a contract.)

Maybe Hawaii could incentivize the home-and-home contracts so that the other team gets more money if Hawaii gets the home game first.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrettStah42 View Post
    Maybe they could incentivize the home-and-home contracts so that the other team gets more money if Hawaii gets the home game first.
    I think one of the biggest problems is that the non-BCS teams have so little leverage in contract negotiations. And, with the new rules allowing one FCS win to count toward bowl eligibility (a terrible rule designed to help BCS conferences fill their tie-ins), the non-BCS FBS teams have even less leverage.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog BrettStah42 has turned a few heads around hereBrettStah42 has turned a few heads around hereBrettStah42 has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I think one of the biggest problems is that the non-BCS teams have so little leverage in contract negotiations. And, with the new rules allowing one FCS win to count toward bowl eligibility (a terrible rule designed to help BCS conferences fill their tie-ins), the non-BCS FBS teams have even less leverage.
    Leaving Hawaii out of it for a moment, I agree about the rule you're talking about (still have to think for a bit to translate what "FCS" and "FBS" means though - why do they have to change perfectly usable names for things?). I would say that preventing Div. 1-A teams from counting wins against Div. 1-AA teams would be a good rule, but I bet the Div. 1-AA teams wouldn't like it - it would eliminate a lot of money that they currently get.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Hawai'i is #14 in the new BC$ rankings and Boise State is #22.

And that's still with Hawai'i getting no computer points...ranked #14 in the Peter Wolfe computer and that's it.

Boise State is #13 in Richard Billingsley, #16 in the Colley Matrix, #20 in Anderson and Hester, and #24 in Peter Wolfe.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Hawai'i is #14 in the new BC$ rankings and Boise State is #22.

And that's still with Hawai'i getting no computer points...ranked #14 in the Peter Wolfe computer and that's it.

Boise State is #13 in Richard Billingsley, #16 in the Colley Matrix, #20 in Anderson and Hester, and #24 in Peter Wolfe.
    Things will change significantly if they beat Fresno State and Boise State. I don't see how you could keep them out of the top ten.

Big Dog barkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Things will change significantly if they beat Fresno State and Boise State. I don't see how you could keep them out of the top ten.

Hate to burst your bubble but there will be several two loss teams ahead of Hawaii before it all said and done. I predict that the final poll shakes out like this:

#1 LSU (wins out)
    #2 West Virginia (wins out)
    #3 Arizona St.
    #4 Ohio St.
    #5 Oklahoma
    #6 Michigan (wins out)
    #7 Oregon
    #8 Texas (wins out)
    #9 Missouri (loses in big 12 championship)
    #10 Boston College
    #11 Virginia Tech
    #12 Kansas
    #13 Georgia (loses Sec Championship)
    #14 Florida
    #15 USC
    #16 Hawaii (if they were to go undefeated)
    #17 Connecticut
    #18 South Florida
    #19 Virginia
    #20 Wake Forest

National Championship game is LSU vs West Virginia

Hawaii invited to the Emerald Bowl vs Wake Forest

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by barkinloud View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble but there will be several two loss teams ahead of Hawaii before it all said and done. I predict that the final poll shakes out like this:

#1 LSU (wins out)
    #2 West Virginia (wins out)
    #3 Arizona St.
    #4 Ohio St.
    #5 Oklahoma
    #6 Michigan (wins out)
    #7 Oregon
    #8 Texas (wins out)
    #9 Missouri (loses in big 12 championship)
    #10 Boston College
    #11 Virginia Tech
    #12 Kansas
    #13 Georgia (loses Sec Championship)
    #14 Florida
    #15 USC
    #16 Hawaii (if they were to go undefeated)
    #17 Connecticut
    #18 South Florida
    #19 Virginia
    #20 Wake Forest

National Championship game is LSU vs West Virginia

Hawaii invited to the Emerald Bowl vs Wake Forest
    Thanks for the prediction.

Hate to burst your bubble, but human voters won't drop a team like Hawai'i the 3-4 poll spots your fantasy ranking would require if the Warriors run the table. And by December 2 an undefeated Hawai'i would be getting Top 25 computer ranking points that it does not have now.

If Hawai'i wins out it could finish around 7 or 8 in the human polls (not a stretch being 10 and 11 now) and probably around 10 in the BC$ rankings for the automatic bid.

If Boise State wins out the Broncos also would have an outside chance to get to the #12 BC$ automatic bid spot.

I want to see the pundits have to eat their words on November 23 when the best ranking matchup by far on a day that has A&M-Texas, Nebraska-Colorado, and BRCC-Arkansas is BC$ Top 20 Boise State at BC$ Top 10 Hawai'i. My question is would this be the highest BC$ ranked matchup between teams from the same non-BC$ conference?

Hate to burst your bubble, but human voters won't drop a team like Hawai'i the 3-4 poll spots your fantasy ranking would require if the Warriors run the table. And by December 2 an undefeated Hawai'i would be getting Top 25 computer ranking points that it does not have now.

If Hawai'i wins out it could finish around 7 or 8 in the human polls (not a stretch being 10 and 11 now) and probably around 10 in the BC$ rankings for the automatic bid.

If Boise State wins out the Broncos also would have an outside chance to get to the #12 BC$ automatic bid spot.

I want to see the pundits have to eat their words on November 23 when the best ranking matchup by far on a day that has A&M-Texas, Nebraska-Colorado, and BRCC-Arkansas is BC$ Top 20 Boise State at BC$ Top 10 Hawai'i. My question is would this be the highest BC$ ranked matchup between teams from the same non-BC$ conference?
    I'd have to agree... Hawaii is already #14, and I don't see them falling unless they lose.

November 23rd is a Friday (day after Thanksgiving), so there aren't as many games compared to the next day, the 24th, but as of now, assuming both teams stay undefeated, it does indeed look like Hawaii and Boise State will play in the most highly-ranked game on the 23rd.

Big Dog barkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

That would be an awesome accomplishment for the WAC. Too bad Fresno is going to screw it up.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

No way Fresno beats Hawaii on the Island.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barkinloud View Post
    That would be an awesome accomplishment for the WAC. Too bad Fresno is going to screw it up.
    Nope. Fresno's offense is too one dimentional. Their QB is terrible. There is no way they will be able to #1 Stop Hawaii #2 Keep up with Hawaii especilly in Hawaii. I'm looking for a 49-31 or a 45-28 type of score.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

As much as want the paycheck for Tech, I think Hawaii will lose at least 2 out of the next 4, probably Washington and Boise. The schedule so far has been the weakest in D1-A and considering they're performance against Tech and San Jose, Boise will take them down

+ Reply to Thread