+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never thought I'd ever say it...Cal-Stanford "The Play" has been surpassed

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Never thought I'd ever say it...Cal-Stanford "The Play" has been surpassed

ESPN just showed the highlight with play-by-play of Trinity's game-winning 15-lateral play to beat Millsaps. The only thing this play lacked that "The Play" had was of course the Stanford band. You have got to see it....

It was so good that ESPN just showed it again....Millsaps stopped when the 15th lateral bounced.

ETA...College Football Final led with it too...three times on ESPN in less than 10 minutes.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 10-28-2007 at 09:35 AM.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Never thought I'd ever say it...Cal-Stanford "The Play" has been surpassed

Wow... 15 laterals... Millsaps was gassed. I think my grandmother could have ran that in with how tired they were.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

If there was a category for longest play by time in college football history, this one would have to be the all-time record. It took a full minute to run that play.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Saw the entire play on ESPN....15 laterals!!! Play of the century.

Loved the celebration. But, how can this be? Why should anyone care about teams without $30 million budgets playing in front of 90K??? Ah, because it is the very essence of sports, that's why! Did feel for the dejected Millsaps' players. One guy kind of walks off to the side then drops to his knees (and cries?) in disbelief.

Just saw it again....#82 of Millsaps is just standing there next to the guy who caught the bouncing lateral! Just standing there! Unbelievable. Make a tackle, dude!

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Just saw it again....#82 of Millsaps is just standing there next to the guy who caught the bouncing lateral! Just standing there! Unbelievable. Make a tackle, dude!
    He could have thought it was a dead ball when it hit the ground. Even though it was a lateral, the go through it "forward" like a pass to the guy, it hit the ground, and then the last guy picked it up... He was tired, like the rest of the team, Im surprised they were standing at all.

Varsity Bulldog BrettStah42 has turned a few heads around hereBrettStah42 has turned a few heads around hereBrettStah42 has turned a few heads around here

Saw that on ESPN last night, but didn't see/hear the teams involved - I thought it was a high-school game, actually (based on the video quality mainly). That was such a crazy play! It was like a game of keep-away...

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I know you never plan to have to defense these sort of things, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some coaches now implementing a little strategy talk for this type of thing. First thing, I'd tell my guys, as soon as the one guy pitches it, go ahead and make the tackle. You knock enough of them down, they'll run out of options. I think some of those Milsaps players just didn't want to play anymore. They just as soon the game ended than keep playing "keep away".

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

A lateral that hits the ground is a fumble. As long as you recover it without putting a knee on the ground, you can keep playing.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Of course this is not something you practice but I wonder if you were behind by a TD or less, out of FG range, if you could put a "hands" team for offense in for the last play, how that would work. All WR, RB, DB, etc. (lots of speed and rested players). Won't do much for blocking but the goal would be to outrun the slower, tired defense (in theory).

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

What is the connection between the losing coach and Tech? Scroll down...

Mike Dubose, whiner at BAMA at the time.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I'm tired of seeing this play already. It wasn't THAT great. Just looks like back in middle school when we would play Smear the Qu... (you can finish that) :icon_wink:

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I'm tired of seeing this play already. It wasn't THAT great. Just looks like back in middle school when we would play Smear the Qu... (you can finish that) :icon_wink:
    It was a pretty good play actually

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeDawg View Post
    It was a pretty good play actually
    I don't think playing hot potato for 62 should qualify as a "pretty good play". They got LUCKY... nothing else.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Should we add this play to the repertoire?

Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

+ Reply to Thread