+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never thought I'd ever say it...Cal-Stanford "The Play" has been surpassed

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Should we add this play to the repertoire?

http://latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46276

Was posted in Oct 2007, you even posted the video.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Re: Should we add this play to the repertoire?

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    http://latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46276

Was posted in Oct 2007, you even posted the video.
    2 year rule?
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Varsity Bulldog svb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the rough svb002's Avatar

Re: Never thought I'd ever say it...Cal-Stanford "The Play" has been surpassed

Great play, but doesn't beat "The band is on the field!"

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Never thought I'd ever say it...Cal-Stanford "The Play" has been surpassed

Quote Originally Posted by svb002 View Post
    Great play, but doesn't beat "The band is on the field!"
    It still does for me by a long shot, and in the era of instant replay Cal is probably ruled down at least once if not twice.

How about comparing the announcers who called the plays.....

Joe Starkey was the play-by-play voice (for Cal of course) for that call, and he was voice of both Cal AND the 49ers at the same time for years. That play was the biggest highlight of a storied broadcasting career full of highlights.

Jonathan Wiener, a Trinity student, had the call of the Trinity-Millsaps game. Have to give the New York Times credit for the profile story they ran back in 2007 after that game.

Wiener said he had not planned to cover the game but decided to stop in Jackson while returning from a journalism convention in Washington. The game just happened to be played in his hometown, a few minutes from his parents’ house.

His mother picked him up at the airport and dropped him off at the field before kickoff. Along with his major in English, Wiener is studying for a minor in communications.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 12-10-2009 at 11:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread