+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: April Sykes commits to Rutgers

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Re: April Sykes commits to Rutgers

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Hmmm...if Rutgers is a "suck hole" of a school in a "suck hole" of a town, I wonder what that makes Tech....seeing that the national rankings for universities came out and Rutgers is on the list, and Tech made NONE of the lists...seeing that Rutgers has nationally recognized academic programs and Tech doesn't...seeing that Rutgers has great athletic programs and funding across the board and Tech doesn't....seeing that Rutgers is close to NYC, arguably the greatest, if not one of the greatest, cities of the world and Ruston is close to, well, Shreveport...Little Rock...Dallas?

I'm a Tech fan. I think La. Tech is a great school. I think Tech has great tradition and will return to national prominence in athletics. I also think Tech is IGNORED when it comes to academic excellence, at least on the national stage. But for you to trash Rutgers just shows how your vision is myopic.

Sykes chose Rutgers because Stringer is a legend. Rutgers has amazing academic standards. Whether or not you recognize that is irrelevant. You're wrong. And that is NOT just my opinion....and I forgot to mention...someone living in Kingwood Texas shouldn't throw stones.
    I lived in New Jersey...New Brunswick, New Jersey...for 12 months. It is about 90 minutes from New York or Philadelphia, which have little to do with Rutgers. New Brunswick is a city full of blight, which backs right up to parts of the campus. Until about a decade ago, the state thought so much of Rutgers that it put more money in NJIT than in "the state university" and its grads were usually the last to be hired. By the way, please expand on Rutgers being so amazing...and yes I know they have several NAS members instruucting there...I actually know 2 of them.

Not myopic...just been there and done that.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Varsity Bulldog cranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Out of curiosity, What school are you a fan of Cranberry?

I follow all the major women's basketball schools.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranberry View Post
    I follow all the major women's basketball schools.
    Is their one who is your favorite? Or a better question a school that is your alma mater?

+ Reply to Thread