+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Most anticipated films of 2008 and the rest of 2007!

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Most anticipated films of 2008 and the rest of 2007!

The other thread about films got me to thinking about the movies I am eagerly anticipating for the rest of 2007 and 2008.

2007:
    1. National Treasure: Book of Secrets - the whole cast returns for another worldwide treasure hunt
    2. I Am Legend - no matter the threat Will Smith will protect the planet
    3. Juno - this is one comedy I think looks hilarous
    4. Awake - looks interesting\
    5. The Great Debaters - Denzel Washington stars debate teacher at Wiley College in Marshall, TX that is based on a true story

2008:
    1. The Dark Knight (Batman II) - Christian Bale returns as Batman to face his arch nemisis
    2. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - the 2nd movie adaptation of C.S. Lewis' book series
    3. Jumper - an awesome looking sci-fi movie starring Hayden Christensen (Anakin Skywalker)
    Last edited by Beaz17; 11-09-2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Added another movie

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Most anticipated films of 2008 and the rest of 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    The other thread about films got me to thinking about the movies I am eagerly anticipating for the rest of 2007 and 2008.

2007:
    1. National Treasure: Book of Secrets - the whole cast returns for another worldwide treasure hunt
    2. I Am Legend - no matter the threat Will Smith will protect the planet
    3. Juno - this is one comedy I think looks hilarous
    4. Awake - looks interesting

2008:
    1. The Dark Knight (Batman II) - Christian Bale returns as Batman to face her arch nemisis
    2. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - the 2nd movie adaptation of C.S. Lewis' book series
    3. Jumper - an awesome looking sci-fi movie starring Hayden Christensen (Anakin Skywalker)
    Maybe we should just make you the official film critic of BB&B -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Maybe we should just make you the official film critic of BB&B -
    Hey...I want that title :icon_wink:

And as for 2008, obviously only the big blockbuster films have release dates and are known...but of them, "The Dark Knight" is THE film for me, and then of course "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"...

Not that interested in Indiana Jones 4 or Iron Man or Incredible Hulk...but that's just me...

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

One of ya'll could be Siskel and the other Ebert -

Or one of ya'll could be Maltin -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    One of ya'll could be Siskel and the other Ebert -

Or one of ya'll could be Maltin -
    Dunno if I want to be those guys...one is dead and the other has severe cancer...however both are movie critic legends, so perhaps I could deal with that...

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Iron Man had a great preview. However, after being burned by so many super hero flicks I considered pretty bad, I won't get my hopes up.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    Hey...I want that title :icon_wink:

And as for 2008, obviously only the big blockbuster films have release dates and are known...but of them, "The Dark Knight" is THE film for me, and then of course "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"...

Not that interested in Indiana Jones 4 or Iron Man or Incredible Hulk...but that's just me...
    I have never read or seen any Harry Potter so I can't comment on them. I am holding out for Indy 4 to see a preview or something. I am not at all interested in Iron Man. Hulk can only get better, but I have very little desire to find out if it does after the horrific first movie.

A movie I just saw a preview for that looks really good is The Great Debaters with Denzel.

Puppy Dollar Theater is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    Iron Man had a great preview. However, after being burned by so many super hero flicks I considered pretty bad, I won't get my hopes up.
    I wouldn't expect to get burnt on that one. With Jon Favreau directing and talent like Robert Downey, Terrance Howard, Sam Jackson and Jeff Bridges in front of the camera...seems like a slam dunk.

+ Reply to Thread