+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dillard game

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Dillard game

I gotta say that for a first time out, I'm fairly impressed with the stats. I do acknowledge it was against a very weak team, but it was still a very good showing, and it does look like we have some scorers! This is giving me hope for the coming season! Congrats Techsters!

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

Re: Dillard game

also take into consideration this was WITHOUT two of our key newcomers

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Here are some casual observations on tonight's Techster win:

Starters: Dowdell, Sneed, Pringle, Levingston, Williams

Off the bench in general order: Adrienne Johnson (for Dowdell); Tarkeisha Wysinger (for Pringle); Sierra Nixon (for Sneed); Shordy Mulford (for Williams); Keisha Warren; Brietta Thomas

Overall impressions: Much more team speed and overall penetration ability. We really pushed the ball as a team like I haven't seen in a few years. This team is going to be a lot more fun to watch. Many more capable shooters, especially jump shots, outside, and off penetration. We'll be deeper than in many years, especially considering Sidney Stewart and Whitney Jones didn't play. Concerns as expected center on the inside game, especially rebounding and post shooting while running the offense, plus early turnovers.

Individual comments:
    Pringle, Johnson, and Mulford were unexpected surprises! Pringle is smooth, confident, shots nicelyespecially jumpers and on the move, and is a much stronger player than last year. Johnson had several blocks, shot well, had some nice rebounds, hustles and is going to be very good at Tech. Mulford backed up at the point, and was unexpectedly fast plus hit a couple of threes.

Wysinger had some nice athletic twisting, shots under the goal that showed excellent body control.

Dowdell was what I expected: smooth and steady, can shoot from outside, score off ofensive rebounds, and gets the ball off the defensive glass.

Levingston hit some from long range.

Sneed started slowly but picked up later in the game.

Williams is as expected: fast but not a threat to score. She plays very hard.

Coach Long was up a lot and significantly more animated and intense. Very noticeable.

I am looking forward to seeing this team play. They'll look a lot more like some of our past teams. My wife's observations were "a team with a lot of potential, may develop quite a bit, faster, but concerned about size and the inside game."

Plan on watching this team this year. It's more like the Techster basketball we love so much, and a team with an exciting future. Dillard was not a test and an accurate assessment of what we have, but I sure liked what I saw. We're moving in the right direction.

Thanks to the Hoop Troop for their usualy excellent effort.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

i would add one more thing to that

this team is ATHLETIC; man, when they start filling the passing lanes and playing defense; this team will be fun to watch.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It is great to hear some of your comments. This is truly going to be an exciting year. Wish I could have been there last night. Maybe we are turning the corner now. Sounds like there is some defense yet to be learned, but having an offense again is VERY exciting!

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

I am really excited to get to see this team play. The last time I saw them play was not a great showing (Boise State at home last year). I am excited to see them play in 2 weeks.

i was thinking this last night but was afraid to say it

i think this team ALREADY could beat last year's team.

i will just be happy when this year's team is HUNGRY for the ball on the press, instead of just pressing cuz that is the defense that was called.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
    i will just be happy when this year's team is HUNGRY for the ball on the press, instead of just pressing cuz that is the defense that was called.
    You hit the nail on the head with that post. That is EXACTLY what makes a defense go from good to great.

Bulldog D_dubb has turned a few heads around hereD_dubb has turned a few heads around here D_dubb's Avatar

Well my first perdictions were a little off from what Coach Long had in mind so I waould give myself a B+.

We were right on with April starting at the point. She is not a very big scorer, but she does get her team excited and ready to play. She seems to be playing with pose and better decision making.

My final decision to start Pringle was correct also. She is going to be the go to player on this team in my opinion. She was not scared to shoot the ball she was active on defense and she really lead this team in the first half.

I had chose Brietta at the 3, so x on that one. Tub however did an excellent job coming out on the floor and showing that senior leadarship. She is also playing with more control and taking better shots.

I had Sierra at my 4 another x. Dowdell or BEAN as I know her. Did a fantastic job and surprised me. She came out hard and strong. She is feelin gmore comfortable scoring on down low, and she is a big threat to other teams becuase she can shot from long range and draw a potential rebounder from the other team from the basket.

Jo was more inconsistant than I thought she would be last night. Overall I think she did a good job, but I guess I expected more out of her. She is going to have to grab a lot more rebounds than she did and play better post defense. She is going to have to develop better hands.

Johson as my 6th man. I think that was correct also. She is going to be another big play maker on this team. She did an excellent job I thought.

Can't wait to see Whitney and Sidney play because they both are true scorers on this team. So that's going to bring another level of play off the Techster bench.

I feel that all the freshman were a little jittery out there last night and that's to be expected but they really contributed when their number was called. These exhibition games are great for freshman kids to get those things out and really feel the pace that they are playing at now.

As for the transfers they also did there part. Shordy raises the speed of the game to a level that the Techsters have to get used to. Kiesha is a very fundamental player and I see her more of a rebounder than a scorer.

For the returners they did their job in leading this team to a WIN and showing their leadership. I know there is usually one or two captains to a team but all the returners on this team are captains.

Dillard was not a very good team,so a lot of you guys are right that we are going to have to see what happens against Western Kentucky to see how improved we actually are. I am excited about this season and I am sad that I am graduating in November so I won't get to see that many games.

No questions about it this team could spank last years team.

Quote Originally Posted by D_dubb View Post
    Well my first perdictions were a little off from what Coach Long had in mind so I waould give myself a B+.

We were right on with April starting at the point. She is not a very big scorer, but she does get her team excited and ready to play. She seems to be playing with pose and better decision making.

My final decision to start Pringle was correct also. She is going to be the go to player on this team in my opinion. She was not scared to shoot the ball she was active on defense and she really lead this team in the first half.

I had chose Brietta at the 3, so x on that one. Tub however did an excellent job coming out on the floor and showing that senior leadarship. She is also playing with more control and taking better shots.

I had Sierra at my 4 another x. Dowdell or BEAN as I know her. Did a fantastic job and surprised me. She came out hard and strong. She is feelin gmore comfortable scoring on down low, and she is a big threat to other teams becuase she can shot from long range and draw a potential rebounder from the other team from the basket.

Jo was more inconsistant than I thought she would be last night. Overall I think she did a good job, but I guess I expected more out of her. She is going to have to grab a lot more rebounds than she did and play better post defense. She is going to have to develop better hands.

Johson as my 6th man. I think that was correct also. She is going to be another big play maker on this team. She did an excellent job I thought.

Can't wait to see Whitney and Sidney play because they both are true scorers on this team. So that's going to bring another level of play off the Techster bench.

I feel that all the freshman were a little jittery out there last night and that's to be expected but they really contributed when their number was called. These exhibition games are great for freshman kids to get those things out and really feel the pace that they are playing at now.

As for the transfers they also did there part. Shordy raises the speed of the game to a level that the Techsters have to get used to. Kiesha is a very fundamental player and I see her more of a rebounder than a scorer.

For the returners they did their job in leading this team to a WIN and showing their leadership. I know there is usually one or two captains to a team but all the returners on this team are captains.

Dillard was not a very good team,so a lot of you guys are right that we are going to have to see what happens against Western Kentucky to see how improved we actually are. I am excited about this season and I am sad that I am graduating in November so I won't get to see that many games.

No questions about it this team could spank last years team.
    Thanks for that post. It is so great to get information and opinions like that. It helps us out of state guys a LOT. That WKU game is going to create a lot of jitters for this young team. That is a tough place to play.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying not to get too excited yet but it is hard when the reports sound so favorable.
    GO TECHSTERS!!!

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Any idea if the WKU game is going to be televised anywhere I know that year before last it was on Fox sports midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Any idea if the WKU game is going to be televised anywhere I know that year before last it was on Fox sports midwest.
    Haven't heard. There is a WKUTV link on the WKU Site, though. If nothing else, I think we can view it there.

Bulldog D_dubb has turned a few heads around hereD_dubb has turned a few heads around here D_dubb's Avatar

I think the WKU games is going to be on foxs sports atlantic. The t.v. times for the televised games is on the Tech sports page, under womens basketball, in an article.

Quote Originally Posted by D_dubb View Post
    I think the WKU games is going to be on foxs sports atlantic. The t.v. times for the televised games is on the Tech sports page, under womens basketball, in an article.
    I don't think I get Fox Sports Atlantic. I get Fox Sports Southwest.

+ Reply to Thread