+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End Of Hawaiian Dream?

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

End Of Hawaiian Dream?

Found this in SI:

4) That Hawaii's had a nice little run ... that's about to end. Colt Brennan and Co. were enjoying another banner night for most of Saturday's game against Fresno State. The senior quarterback had completed 28-of-39 passes for 396 yards and tied the NCAA career-touchdown record (121), while the Warriors had raced to leads of 31-7 and 37-16, when Hawaii's worst nightmare came to fruition. The stadium went silent when, while scrambling on a third-down play with 10:16 remaining, Brennan took a shot from Bulldogs LB Marcus Riley. He left the game with a concussion. With Brennan sidelined, Hawaii's offense, not surprisingly, went quiet, and Fresno State tacked on two touchdowns to make the final margin a more respectable 37-30.

Afterward, coach June Jones said his star quarterback was fine and would be ready to go Friday night when Hawaii visits 5-4 Nevada, but truthfully, it might not matter. For one thing, even if Brennan plays, it's unlikely he won't be at least somewhat affected by the injury, and Hawaii becomes a shell of itself on the rare occasions Brennan struggles or does not play. Even then, the simple fact is, the 2007 Warriors simply aren't as dominant as their 2006 predecessors. They're not putting up 60-plus points every week like they were this time a year ago, and when they go on the road, they flat-out struggle. They needed overtime to win at both 4-6 Louisiana Tech and 4-6 San Jose State. Against the Wolf Pack, they'll face a far more potent foe, one that took Boise State to quadruple-overtime at Boise and has averaged 540 yards in the five games since sophomore Colin Kaepernick (13 TDs, two INTs) took over at quarterback, not to mention Nevada will be playing with an extra eight days' rest. Johnny Cash once watched a man die in Reno; something tells me we're going to watch 9-0 Hawaii's BCS hopes suffer the same fate.

The entire page is here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_...eekend_11.html

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Re: End Of Hawaiian Dream?

Even if they win at Nevada... I think Boise kicks their tail. It will be Boise, not Hawaii, in a bcs bowl.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I hate he got hurt. I really do. June better be careful. I'd hate to see this boy's health jeopardized for ego. And I agree. They will not beat Boise, Colt or not.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Well it will be better for all of us if Hawaii is undefeated when they play Boise. It will strengthen Boise's win. We need Hawaii to beat Nevada.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Well it will be better for all of us if Hawaii is undefeated when they play Boise. It will strengthen Boise's win. We need Hawaii to beat Nevada.
    Understatement of the year.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Hawaii doesn't have the defense to go with their strong offense.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired View Post
    Even if they win at Nevada... I think Boise kicks their tail. It will be Boise, not Hawaii, in a bcs bowl.
    If Boise St wins, the WAC won't get a BC$ Bowl bid, too many conferences with connections and too many "other power" teams to choose from. The only hope the WAC has for a Bc$ bid is an undefeated Hawai'i

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    If Boise St wins, the WAC won't get a BC$ Bowl bid, too many conferences with connections and too many "other power" teams to choose from. The only hope the WAC has for a Bc$ bid is an undefeated Hawai'i
    Try doing a little research before posting such crap.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Try doing a little research before posting such crap.
    I see FIVE BCS Bowls. 5 Bowls means 10 teams. So how many conferences have BCS tie-ins? 6, so 3 of the Bowls are filled with conference tie-ins NO matter what their records are. Now you have 4 Bowl Bids and we will look at the BCS top ten as of Nov. 11:
    1. LSU (SEC) - BCS Bowl no matter what
    2. Oregon (PAC-10) - Probably will win out and go to BCS Championship
    3. Kansas (Big12) - Tough schedule ahead Missouri and OK will probably block them from the championship, but maybe a BCS bid ????
    4. Oklahoma (Big12(#2)) - Will make it to the Big12 Championship against Kansas and a win guarantees them a BCS bid, a loss might still give them a BCS bowl bid.
    5. Missouri (Big12(#3)) - Two of these three Big12 schools will get BCS bids.
    6. West Virginia (Big East) - Guaranteed spot because of Big East
    7. Ohio State (Big10) - Guaranteed spot for them or Michigan because of Big10
    8. Arizona State (PAC-10(#2)) - tough game at USC, but a win is a BCS bowl bid.
    9. Georgia (SEC (#2)) - Will win out, doesn't play in the SEC championship and get a BCS bid
    10. Virginia Tech (ACC) - Will win or lose to Virginia BCS bid goes to the winner
    11. USC (PAC-10 (#4)) - Win against Arizona State gets them a BCS bid.
    12. Florida (SEC (#3)) - Will win out, doesn't play in the SEC championship
    13. Texas (Big12(#4)) - Will win out, doesn't play in the Big12 championship
    14. Virginia (ACC(#2)) - Will win or lose at Virginia Tech
    15. Clemson (ACC(#3))

16. Hawaii

18. Boise St.

So I have currently in BCS Bowls in no particular order:
    LSU, Georgia from the SEC.
    Oregon and either USC or Arizona State from the Pac-10
    Oklahoma and Kansas, Texas, or Missouri from the Big12
    Ohio State or Michigan from the Big-10
    West Virginia from the Big East
    Virginia Tech from the ACC

I have 9 Bowl spots committed, and you tell me my post wasn't researched because I don't see a 1 loss Boise State team jumping over: the likes Florida or Texas?

Varsity Bulldog BrettStah42 has turned a few heads around hereBrettStah42 has turned a few heads around hereBrettStah42 has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    I see FIVE BCS Bowls. 5 Bowls means 10 teams. So how many conferences have BCS tie-ins? 6, so 3 of the Bowls are filled with conference tie-ins NO matter what their records are. Now you have 4 Bowl Bids and we will look at the BCS top ten as of Nov. 11:
    1. LSU (SEC) - BCS Bowl no matter what
    2. Oregon (PAC-10) - Probably will win out and go to BCS Championship
    3. Kansas (Big12) - Tough schedule ahead Missouri and OK will probably block them from the championship, but maybe a BCS bid ????
    4. Oklahoma (Big12(#2)) - Will make it to the Big12 Championship against Kansas and a win guarantees them a BCS bid, a loss might still give them a BCS bowl bid.
    5. Missouri (Big12(#3)) - Two of these three Big12 schools will get BCS bids.
    6. West Virginia (Big East) - Guaranteed spot because of Big East
    7. Ohio State (Big10) - Guaranteed spot for them or Michigan because of Big10
    8. Arizona State (PAC-10(#2)) - tough game at USC, but a win is a BCS bowl bid.
    9. Georgia (SEC (#2)) - Will win out, doesn't play in the SEC championship and get a BCS bid
    10. Virginia Tech (ACC) - Will win or lose to Virginia BCS bid goes to the winner
    11. USC (PAC-10 (#4)) - Win against Arizona State gets them a BCS bid.
    12. Florida (SEC (#3)) - Will win out, doesn't play in the SEC championship
    13. Texas (Big12(#4)) - Will win out, doesn't play in the Big12 championship
    14. Virginia (ACC(#2)) - Will win or lose at Virginia Tech
    15. Clemson (ACC(#3))

16. Hawaii

18. Boise St.

So I have currently in BCS Bowls in no particular order:
    LSU, Georgia from the SEC.
    Oregon and either USC or Arizona State from the Pac-10
    Oklahoma and Kansas, Texas, or Missouri from the Big12
    Ohio State or Michigan from the Big-10
    West Virginia from the Big East
    Virginia Tech from the ACC

I have 9 Bowl spots committed, and you tell me my post wasn't researched because I don't see a 1 loss Boise State team jumping over: the likes Florida or Texas?
    The BCS eligibility rules stipulate that a non-BCS conference team ranked 12th or higher automatically gets a BCS bowl spot. And even if a non-BCS team is not in the top 12, if they are at least the 16th-ranked team at the end of the season, AND ranked higher than the conference champion from any of the BCS conferences, they get a spot.

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

it is possible for Boise to still get a bcs spot. They have an outside chance if they win out, but so does Hawaii. Anything can happen!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I know Dooley scoffs at the cold weather being a factor...but the boys from Hawaii aren't used to the cold. Also if Colt isn't firing on all cylinders AND they are affected by the weather it could be tough for them.

We have to win our next two games!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Boise will not get a BCS bowl bid unless everyone above them loses out. They barely got one last year and only earned respect by winning. The real key here is Oregon, arguably the best team in the nation is headed for a shaft if they, LSU, and Kansas win out. If Kansas beats Mizzou and then beats OK in the Big 12 championship, they will get one of the spots in the BCS title game against LSU. So, if the top three win out, the ducks are plucked.

Varsity Bulldog big_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nice big_crazy_jake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Brennan took a shot from Bulldogs LB Marcus Riley. He left the game with a concussion.
    I was watching the game when this happened! I'm not one to curse (too much:icon_wink, but when I saw this I thought, "He just got KTFO" (use your imagination). When he was initially hit, he wasn't moving! When they finally woke him up and got him moving, he couldn't stand up straight. He was kinda looking around like he didn't know where he was.

This was one of the hardest hits I've EVER seen. Call it a guilty pleasure, but it kinda felt good. Sorry.

Puppy Rainbow Warrior Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRainbow Warrior Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRainbow Warrior Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRainbow Warrior Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRainbow Warrior Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRainbow Warrior Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRainbow Warrior Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRainbow Warrior Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRainbow Warrior Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRainbow Warrior Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRainbow Warrior Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Rainbow Warrior's Avatar

Don't Hate Hawaii just because we will be BCS bowl bound. And the Techsters will be just south of I-20 with a cereal bowl :bigcry:after New Years.

+ Reply to Thread