+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Few Comments on the Game From an LSU Fan Perspective...

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar

A Few Comments on the Game From an LSU Fan Perspective...

First I want to give recognition to the toughness that LA Tech showed as a team. I was very impressed with your rushing defense. It was extremely tough to run in short yardage situations against you guys.

Heard several fans talking about how much time your QB was getting to throw. Impressed with the protection he was getting.

On behalf of the entire LSU fanbase I'd like to appologize for the crowd's general lackadaisical attitude. Horrible atmosphere. Nobody was interested in making any noise. Seemed everyone was more interested in talking about homecoming and Lee Greenwood (who I thought did a great job in spite of technical difficulties with the mike) and Ohio State losing and never got into the game at all.

Speaking of technical difficulties, it would seem that LSU could do SOMEthing about repairing/replacing our clock system. That's at least the third game this year that's happened to us. How difficult is it to get a working clock? I told the people around me we needed to hire some Tech engineering grads to design us a working system. haha.

I loved the band's performance at halftime with the cool formations. The tank and the soldiers marching in formation. Hope you could see that from the visitors section. Looked really good from the West Upper.

Three LA Tech fans sat immediately behind me in the West Upper. We talked quite a bit. Nice guys. They had driven up from New Orleans.

Speaking of driving, the Tech caravan caught up to me around Winnsboro. Three busses, two State Troopers, and a Yukon I think. That was a little cool because it was the second week in a row. Last week I was on a charter flight back from Tuscaloosa and we landed in Shreveport around 1:00 am and were informed we would be delayed getting off the plane until a 737 (I think it was a 737 anyway) landed and came to a stop beside us. Turned out that was the Tech plane landing from last week's away game.

Back to the game, though...LSU was definitely fortunate for the score at the half. If not for some puzzling playcalling by Dooley and that insane interception at the end of the half, you guys would have been right there at the half.

We need your kicker and while we're at it, we also need some type of kick coverage, please. A favor for a fellow Louisiana team? haha. Our kick coverage is AWFUL!!! Seems like every week we give our opponents great field position each time we kick off. We've got to be the worst in the nation in that category. I've never seen anything like it. Doesn't matter who we play. They make us look like the school for the blind on kickoffs. I don't understand it. And I don't see how we'll win the SEC Championship game, let alone the BCS CG if we don't manage to fix that somehow.

Phillip Livas is just as good as advertised. Many LSU fans were upset last year when we didn't have room to offer him a scholarship.

Some of our guys need to get their heads out of their rears and play with intensity or we won't make it past Arkansas. Got to play well every game to keep the voters on our side.

I hope all of you that made the trip had a good time in spite of the generally poor atmosphere.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: A Few Comments on the Game From an LSU Fan Perspective...

Regarding the poor atmosphere...Would you agree that it is due to the high number of band wagon fans you have? The atmosphere was the same for the Middle Tenn. game. I talked to several well known band wagoners before both games who didn't care to make the trip to BR. Don't big time programs with big time fans sell out and pack out their stadiums for every home game? Or don't they at least in years they are contending for the NC?

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

From the pictures that I saw of tiger stadium it didn't look very full, pertaining to the noise. Does anybody know what the attendance was?

Bulldog Shrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Regarding the poor atmosphere...Would you agree that it is due to the high number of band wagon fans you have? The atmosphere was the same for the Middle Tenn. game. I talked to several well known band wagoners before both games who didn't care to make the trip to BR. Don't big time programs with big time fans sell out and pack out their stadiums for every home game? Or don't they at least in years they are contending for the NC?

The lame atmosphere had absolutely nothing to do with the lack of "bandwagon fans" at the game. It was due solely to the quality of the opponent.

LSU fans pack DV and raise the decibel level for SEC opponents and upper echelon teams like Va. Tech. They yawn and leave early at blowouts against teams like MTSU and La. Tech.

That is in no way intended as an insult, but is the simple truth.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

The atmosphere was great until the 2nd half and game got away. We quieted the crowd a little early after we scored our first TD. That didn't last long.

I agree, BB. There were some questionable play calls early. But the again we shot ourselves in the foot early when we fumbled the snap on our second play of the game. I pretty much stay pissed the entire game.

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Shrevetown View Post
    The lame atmosphere had absolutely nothing to do with the lack of "bandwagon fans" at the game. It was due solely to the quality of the opponent.

LSU fans pack DV and raise the decibel level for SEC opponents and upper echelon teams like Va. Tech. They yawn and leave early at blowouts against teams like MTSU and La. Tech.

I like how you say "no way intended as an insult" but in the same post make statements about how tiger fans yawn from boredom when they play us (since you mentioned LaTech.) That is an insult... haha.

A less-insulting way to say that would have been "They leave early and aren't as interested in blowout games". Just for future reference...

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Hey Shreve,

I hope LSU goes to the NC and LOSES!

BDBR

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Well if they weren't band wagon fans, wouldn't they be at all the games? A true fan wouldn't care about the quality of the opponent.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Well if they weren't band wagon fans, wouldn't they be at all the games? A true fan wouldn't care about the quality of the opponent.

Tech had a dead atmosphere for Central Ark and New Mexico State but a great one for Hawaii and Boise.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I was going to say the same thing. When we played at Nebraska, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, Florida St., etc... the crowd was just as loud and raucous as for any of their other games.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Insult accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Tech had a dead atmosphere for Central Ark and New Mexico State but a great one for Hawaii and Boise.
    So? What has that got to do with the lsu band wagon fans? The question was not asked to compare Tech fans, but to imply that lsu is overrun with band wagon fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. When we played at Nebraska, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, Florida St., etc... the crowd was just as loud and raucous as for any of their other games.
    Could that be because those schools have true fans who attend no matter what the record is or who their team is playing? Good luck ever getting an lsu band wagoner to admit it. I've heard many true lsu fans admit it and I suspect that The Big Bengal will admit it too.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by littleshoe View Post
    From the pictures that I saw of tiger stadium it didn't look very full, pertaining to the noise. Does anybody know what the attendance was?
    The stadium was full. There were a few empty seats but no empty sections like I saw at the App. St. game in '05.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

So? What has that got to do with the lsu band wagon fans? The question was not asked to compare Tech fans, but to imply that lsu is overrun with band wagon fans.

I agree that they have alot of bandwagon fans, however Tech was not a big game for LSU. People who went to the Ole Miss game said their crowd was dead as well. I asked some folks who go to Ole Miss about it and they said they only get up for SEC games, I guess it's an SEC thing!

+ Reply to Thread