+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck Season

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

Re: Duck Season

I had a great hunt Thanksgiving morning. Had a 6 duck limt of 3 teal, 2 gadwall and a greenhead by 7:30 and was picking up decoys in plenty of time for turkey at noon.

This morning, not so good. Only killed 2 teal and hunted till 10:00 AM. Many less birds today than yesterday for whatever reason. I thought this morning would be good but that was not so.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdawg View Post
    Where they still all Teal, or have any big ducks come down?
    6 teal the rest were big ducks

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

GOT WATER NOW!!! I'll let it rest this week and get after them on Sunday. There were already quite a few in there on Sunday PM.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    GOT WATER NOW!!! I'll let it rest this week and get after them on Sunday. There were already quite a few in there on Sunday PM.
    you never did give the exact lat and long of your duck/turkey/deer hole . . . . :icon_wink:

It's just East of the Red River, just North and East of Red Chute Bayou, and a little West of Lake Bistineau:icon_wink:. Went deer hunting yesterday evening and saw two bucks that were too small to shoot but did have quite a few birds in the timber and field.

Varsity Bulldog bdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud of bdawg's Avatar

Only had two of us this morning, so 12 birds (1 teal) by 8:05 around mer rouge

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

8 hunts so far and 8 limits.......Also, got our limit of specks a couple of times this year. Every hunt is a mixed bag........Teal, mallards, pintail, grey ducks, and a few wigeon. The teal are starting to thin out and I hope the mallards are on their way. I dont remember ever having this many droves of early season pintail. They have been everywhere. Most mallard have been singles or pairs, no larger droves yet.

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

went to Upper Ouachita Saturday morning. Got up at 2AM, met the post-Rabbs traffic, I'm in camo eatin deer sausage while there are hot broads at a party on my street. Got to our spot way too early, we stayed way too late. Killed 3 greenheads and a woody. Moral of the story: When struggling with the decision b/w hot women that have been drinking or hunting Upper Ouachita, always go for the game you know you can bag.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by honker22 View Post
    went to Upper Ouachita Saturday morning. Got up at 2AM, met the post-Rabbs traffic, I'm in camo eatin deer sausage while there are hot broads at a party on my street. Got to our spot way too early, we stayed way too late. Killed 3 greenheads and a woody. Moral of the story: When struggling with the decision b/w hot women that have been drinking or hunting Upper Ouachita, always go for the game you know you can bag.
    So you're telling me I need to stay home?

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

only if she's a 7 or better

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Anybody have birds? I'm not doing well in either the timber in Bossier Parish or the rice fields in Monroe. This really sucks!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Anybody have birds? I'm not doing well in either the timber in Bossier Parish or the rice fields in Monroe. This really sucks!
    '
    no ducks on the creeks, at least not in nw lincoln parish. checked it out this past week and saw a total of two hooded Mer'gan'izers. Did notice this morning that there is a ton of water in the sloughs in Darbonne bottom now. The deer are slow as well, havent seen one in the last four trips that i've made. COME ON TURKEY SEASON . . .. . . and to a lesser extent yo'yo season. get'um oiled up Jay!! :icon_wink:

Finally had a good hunt in the timber this past Sunday AM. Mallards, Teal and a couple of woodies. I was getting a little discouraged there for a while. Hope this keeps up! BTW I'm the handsome devil on the left:icon_wink:. My new lab, Gumbo, did pretty good considering it is his first year to hunt.

ducks.jpg

+ Reply to Thread