+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck Season

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Duck Season

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Finally had a good hunt in the timber this past Sunday AM. Mallards, Teal and a couple of woodies. I was getting a little discouraged there for a while. Hope this keeps up! BTW I'm the handsome devil on the left:icon_wink:. My new lab, Gumbo, did pretty good considering it is his first year to hunt.

Attachment 1910
    nice hunt. also, looks as if Gumbo likes having his picture taken LOL talk about striking a pose :icon_wink:

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Any reports from hunters after this "blue northern" has blown in?

Lots of unhunted habitat for them to rest in below the hard freeze line. Thankyou Ducks Unlimited!

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Went to Monroe this morning. 18 degrees 10 mile/hour wind frozen field and 1 gad. There are no ducks here.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    Went to Monroe this morning. 18 degrees 10 mile/hour wind frozen field and 1 gad. There are no ducks here.
    You're not alone. I've heard the same thing from alot of folks. This has been one of the worst seasons ever, for not only me, but several people I know that hunt ALOT. I know that DU said the numbers were up and everyone expected to have a great year, but I just don't believe it. The ducks are not here. Period. Sure, you're gonna have a decent hunt every now and then, but I've heard of very very few places consistently killing ducks. It is a very expensive habit to get nothing (as far as ducks) in return.

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

killed 10 ducks and 4 geese yesterday....had to brake ice....one goose had some jewelry on it....went this morning....it was cold and had some thick ice to break up....one speck and a pintail hen with some jewelry on it as well...

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    You're not alone. I've heard the same thing from alot of folks. This has been one of the worst seasons ever, for not only me, but several people I know that hunt ALOT. I know that DU said the numbers were up and everyone expected to have a great year, but I just don't believe it. The ducks are not here. Period. Sure, you're gonna have a decent hunt every now and then, but I've heard of very very few places consistently killing ducks. It is a very expensive habit to get nothing (as far as ducks) in return.
    my uncle that hunts in the Franklin area down south says they are having one of their best years. it does seem that the ducks that dont stay in arkansas bypass this area for the marshes of south la (LA)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    my uncle that hunts in the Franklin area down south says they are having one of their best years. it does seem that the ducks that dont stay in arkansas bypass this area for the marshes of south la (LA)
    ...or stay in the thousands of acres preservation areas DU helped to create right here in north Louisiana.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    ...or stay in the thousands of acres preservation areas DU helped to create right here in north Louisiana.
    Ducks Unlimited to blame? As if. Everyone knows it's because of global warming. The ducks don't have to fly as far south since it's warmer further north.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I haven't hunted in a few years partly due to the decline in Ducks around here. I can tell you that as I drive to S. LA this year I am seeing a whole lot more ducks than in the last couple of years. I figured you guys would be tearing them up.

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

had an awesome hunt this morning on a farm pond, about 2 miles from Lake Darbonne on the Downsville side. We had 3 limits in about 20 minutes. Of course, this was a pond that had NEVER been hunted and they were really dumb. We'd shoot and within seconds we'd have them swarming us. All were gadwalls.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    killed 10 ducks and 4 geese yesterday....had to brake ice....one goose had some jewelry on it....went this morning....it was cold and had some thick ice to break up....one speck and a pintail hen with some jewelry on it as well...
    Speaking of jewelry, on new year's eve, we killed a greenhead and a pintail drake (in different groups) with bands. The next day we dropped a banded pintail hen.

Overall though, it has been a pretty dismal season, except for the week between Christmas and New Year. We did not have water the first split, and the ducks have left the Jonesville/Catahoula Lake area now.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Just got back from Welsch, LA and we spanked the geese. Limits of specks and a some snows. Duck hunting was a little slow but I did shoot a nice Mexican Tree Duck that I plan on having mounted. I'll post some pics when I figure out how to upload from my new camera.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Just got back from Welsch, LA and we spanked the geese. Limits of specks and a some snows. Duck hunting was a little slow but I did shoot a nice Mexican Tree Duck that I plan on having mounted. I'll post some pics when I figure out how to upload from my new camera.
    Did your Mexican duck look like this?

http://www1.nhl.nl/~ribot/english/debi_ng.htm

Varsity Bulldog Dawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her game

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

+ Reply to Thread