+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gays Deserve Death States Iranian Minister

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Gays Deserve Death States Iranian Minister

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Man, the far right is REACHING big time for reasons to invade Iran. When the wing nuts start using "abuse of homosexuals" as a reason to invade Iran then you KNOW they're running out of steam.
    Now, that is pretty funny.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Because he never stated them. You have some real proof that Iran is executing gays? And I don't mean FAUX news or the Washington Times. I mean a creditable source.
    Would the Iranians that they and others interview count?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Would the Iranians that they and others interview count?
    Rus-La, I've checked into this a bit more and have found out that the Iran has executed a handful of gays who displayed public homosexual behavior. They have also executed a few adulterers and others who upset their moral codes of behavior.

Other muslim countries have done similar things and the wing-nut press doesn't get excited. Slavery is still legal in Saudi Arabia and they have plenty of public beheadings for various "crimes".

We still buy oil from them.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Rus-La, I've checked into this a bit more and have found out that the Iran has executed a handful of gays who displayed public homosexual behavior. They have also executed a few adulterers and others who upset their moral codes of behavior.

Other muslim countries have done similar things and the wing-nut press doesn't get excited. Slavery is still legal in Saudi Arabia and they have plenty of public beheadings for various "crimes".

We still buy oil from them.
    yup... crazy world huh?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Let's see......Iran's population is listed as Iran 71,208,000.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran

And pro gay groups taut anywhere from 1 in 10 to 1 in 100 folks in the general population are potentially gay. So that would make anywhere from 712,080 - 7,120,800 in danger of being tortured or killed in Iran for their gay lifestyle. Are you LIBS/DEMS saying that you don't care about enough about these folks? Just wondering. Would 3000 American soldiers lives be worth saving these 712,080 - 7,120,800 gays if they were American living in say... California, or is it the fact that they are Muslim gays?
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 11-15-2007 at 06:15 PM.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

And pro gay groups taut anywhere from 1 in 10 to 1 in 100 folks in the general population are potentially gay. So that would make anywhere from 712,080 - 7,120,800 in danger of being tortured or killed in Iran for their gay lifestyle. Are you LIBS/DEMS saying that you don't care about enough about these folks? Just wondering. Would 3000 American soldiers lives be worth saving these 712,080 - 7,120,800 gays if they were American living in say... California, or is it the fact that they are Muslim gays?
    It is the fact that they are not U.S. citizens.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    It is the fact that they are not U.S. citizens.
    That cop-out doesn't work Randerizer. Are you an isolationist or just against these millions of muslim gays or for that matter the huge numbers of threatened Christians in Iran as well?

The following people groups weren't U.S. citizens either when Democrat Presidents intervened and put us in these wars:

All of the countries and nationalities we fought to liberate in WWI and WWII

-N. and S. Korean people

-Vietnamese

-Bosnians and the associated muslims we liberated there

ect.........

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

That cop-out doesn't work Randerizer. Are you an isolationist or just against these millions of muslim gays or for that matter the huge numbers of threatened Christians in Iran as well?

The following people groups weren't U.S. citizens either when Democrat Presidents intervened and put us in these wars:

All of the countries and nationalities we fought to liberate in WWI and WWII

-N. and S. Korean people

-Vietnamese

-Bosnians and the associated muslims we liberated there

ect.........

Your point?

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Bless your heart, Tyler. You'll find some way to support a war with Iran. Hopefully, you'll serve there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Bless your heart, Tyler. You'll find some way to support a war with Iran. Hopefully, you'll serve there as well.
    How do you know if I even care about this issue? Or if I'm even in favor of going to war with Iran?

Your point?

Exactly! And a complete answer to your "they are not U.S. citizens". Have you had a long day today or what? BTW, are you an isolationist or just against these millions of muslim gays or for that matter the huge numbers of threatened Christians in Iran as well?

Exactly! And a complete answer to your "they are not U.S. citizens". Have you had a long day today or what? BTW, are you an isolationist or just against these millions of muslim gays or for that matter the huge numbers of threatened Christians in Iran as well?
    Yeah, a long day. And thinking about my long day tomorrow (work from 6:30am to 6pm, then come home and drive to Ruston (6.5hrs or so)).

I just don't see the point in your comment. I am not an isolationist -- but I don't support meddling in the affairs of other nations. I am certainly a non-interventionist, although I think there were some valid reasons for entry into WWII (without a doubt) and WWI (much more tenuous, but enough direct attacks/subversive terrorist moves by a specific nation-state to justify). Other than that, I think our entry into each engagement was flawed. And I don't think that previously flawed policies are a good justification for more flawed policies.. You might like this example -- since we've already had Roe V. Wade, why don't we just make all abortions FREE and REQUIRE that all physicians practice them?

Should also point out that the people of Vietnam, N/S Korea, etc., are still not really settled since our involvement -- not sure that we've "liberated" anything. In fact, with respect to N/S Korea, EVERY Korean I talk to (I work with 2 directly, and work more loosely with 5 or 6 more) WANT reunification -- the U.S. is actually the biggest obstacle.

Has nothing to do with muslim gays or Iranian Christians. Has everything to do with bloated federal budget, threats to American lives, unintended consequences of engagement, etc..

Yeah, a long day. And thinking about my long day tomorrow (work from 6:30am to 6pm, then come home and drive to Ruston (6.5hrs or so)).

I just don't see the point in your comment. I am not an isolationist -- but I don't support meddling in the affairs of other nations. I am certainly a non-interventionist, although I think there were some valid reasons for entry into WWII (without a doubt) and WWI (much more tenuous, but enough direct attacks/subversive terrorist moves by a specific nation-state to justify). Other than that, I think our entry into each engagement was flawed. And I don't think that previously flawed policies are a good justification for more flawed policies.. You might like this example -- since we've already had Roe V. Wade, why don't we just make all abortions FREE and REQUIRE that all physicians practice them?

Should also point out that the people of Vietnam, N/S Korea, etc., are still not really settled since our involvement -- not sure that we've "liberated" anything. In fact, with respect to N/S Korea, EVERY Korean I talk to (I work with 2 directly, and work more loosely with 5 or 6 more) WANT reunification -- the U.S. is actually the biggest obstacle.

Has nothing to do with muslim gays or Iranian Christians. Has everything to do with bloated federal budget, threats to American lives, unintended consequences of engagement, etc..

Hope your day at least seems shorter tomorrow. As far as Roe V. Wade....NO THANKS.

Update

Iranian spared from noose for alleged sodomy

21-year-old had been scheduled to hang for ‘crimes’ committed at age 13

Iran has executed more than 200 people so far this year, according to Human Rights Watch, many of them via this brutal, public method of hoisting them into the air with cranes. These four men were among 21 put to death in the city of Shiraz on Sept. 5.

By Mike Stuckey
    Senior news editor
    MSNBC
    updated 6:33 a.m. CT, Fri., Nov. 16, 2007

Mike Stuckey
    Senior news editor

Amid international criticism ignited by a crusading journalist, Iran’s chief justice has spared the life of a young man who had been sentenced to be executed as the result of a cousin’s accusations of homosexual acts years earlier.
    Ayatollah Seyed Mahmoud Hashemi Sharudi nullified the imminent death sentence of Makvan Mouloodzadeh, 21, for violations of Iranian law and Islamic teachings, Saeid Eghbali, the defendant’s attorney, told msnbc.com this week.
    Had Sharudi not intervened, Mouloodzadeh would have joined hundreds of his fellow Iranians, some of them just children when they committed their alleged crimes, who are hanged each year in jail yards and public squares. The executions are often carried out via a method designed to enhance and prolong their suffering: A rope is placed around the condemned person’s neck and he or she is hoisted from the ground with an industrial crane.

Rest of story

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21821342/

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Update

Iranian spared from noose for alleged sodomy

21-year-old had been scheduled to hang for ‘crimes’ committed at age 13

Iran has executed more than 200 people so far this year, according to Human Rights Watch, many of them via this brutal, public method of hoisting them into the air with cranes. These four men were among 21 put to death in the city of Shiraz on Sept. 5.

By Mike Stuckey
    Senior news editor
    MSNBC
    updated 6:33 a.m. CT, Fri., Nov. 16, 2007

Mike Stuckey
    Senior news editor

Amid international criticism ignited by a crusading journalist, Iran’s chief justice has spared the life of a young man who had been sentenced to be executed as the result of a cousin’s accusations of homosexual acts years earlier.
    Ayatollah Seyed Mahmoud Hashemi Sharudi nullified the imminent death sentence of Makvan Mouloodzadeh, 21, for violations of Iranian law and Islamic teachings, Saeid Eghbali, the defendant’s attorney, told msnbc.com this week.
    Had Sharudi not intervened, Mouloodzadeh would have joined hundreds of his fellow Iranians, some of them just children when they committed their alleged crimes, who are hanged each year in jail yards and public squares. The executions are often carried out via a method designed to enhance and prolong their suffering: A rope is placed around the condemned person’s neck and he or she is hoisted from the ground with an industrial crane.

Rest of story

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21821342/
    So, what is your point?

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

+ Reply to Thread