+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BRANDO 12-3 ESPN 97.7

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: BRANDO 12-3 ESPN 97.7

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    AHMMMM -

Who ORIGINALLY pushed for this show HARD when ya'll first started talking about going to the sports talk format -

Yes, but when replacements for Dan Patrick were being pushed on the board, you went along with Romey.

you change your horses mid-stream like a talk show host.:icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Yes, but when replacements for Dan Patrick were being pushed on the board, you went along with Romey.

you change your horses mid-stream like a talk show host.:icon_wink:
    That's not the point -

If they would have gone with Brando in the first place....

Ya'll would all be Brandophiles now :icon_wink:

And I do like Rome - but he is one of those hate him or love him type of guys - there is NO middle ground -

I think alot of our guys will not like Brando to start out - he will be too much SEC for them - but if Miles BOLTS for MEEESHEEGAN - then they will love him, because he will HAMMER the Bayou Billys and Barney Bengals RELENTLESSLY.....

Plus ON ONE knows college basketball better than Timmy B -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

We all wanted to put Brando on in the very beginning --his local ties were very high....but...
    his time slot then was 11 to 2....
    It would have been cutting out an hour of The Herd and giving Dan Patrick only the final hour......that was too cut up and not much flow...AND ESPN in the beginning of our contract didn't allow any replacements EXCEPT LOCAL originated shows....they were kind enough now to allow us to replace with a non-ESPN person ...

We will have a talk with Tim about giving a little more love to North LA...
    He will be on a 50,000 watt fm in his backyard so to speak...

the time slot will be live 12 to 3 (they just changed it last week from 11-2 thus the opportunity arose)

Thanks for listening
    Ed
    but yes DFM you did vote for Brando in the very beginning...thanks

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Colin is simply the BEST sports talking head around, do NOT remove him from the air.

I'd substitute another word for "best." It annoys me that he is ever on the air here (where they only play him at like 9:00 pm when they don't have something else like a Mavs game). He and Smith compete for my least favorite sports hosts.
    Last edited by inudesu; 11-15-2007 at 04:17 PM.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECHAJUN View Post
    It would have been cutting out an hour of The Herd and giving Dan Patrick only the final hour
    That wouldn't have worked and been pretty choppy you're right but. . .

I'd argue that you wouldn't have been missing much.
    Only my opinion. Maybe I'm not really a typical sports talk fan since I also HATE "going to the phones."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

...AND ESPN in the beginning of our contract didn't allow any replacements EXCEPT LOCAL originated shows....they were kind enough now to allow us to replace with a non-ESPN person ...
    You think ESPN may be getting some complaints about that 2-3 hour? I honestly believe that Smiff is getting louder.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
    and while i am glad it replaces Steven A.; i wish it replaced cowherd and/or the southern regional sports show; just not a big fan of cowherd AT ALL; cept his spanning the globe.
    Oh man... I disagree. I love Colin's show.

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You think ESPN may be getting some complaints about that 2-3 hour? I honestly believe that Smiff is getting louder.
    Got A LOAD from us and North La and South Ark...all packaged nicely in an email..

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

And, just when he was growing on me . . . NOT!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

We will have a talk with Tim about giving a little more love to North LA...

He will be on a 50,000 watt fm in his backyard so to speak...
    You are joking right?

Get ready for that to go over about as well as a LEAD balloon.....

NOT joking....His network is very happy that we have added him

NOT joking....His network is very happy that we have added him
    Good luck -

Just remember, as much as I like Timmy B - when you look up TALKING HEAD PRIMA DONNA in the dictionary - his picture is right next to it....

:icon_wink:

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    will the local hunting show still run at the same time or will it be moved?

?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I need to say something about that hunting/fishing show. I was the first to complain when it came on, but it has grown on me. Good job Kingfish.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

I need to say something about that hunting/fishing show. I was the first to complain when it came on, but it has grown on me. Good job Kingfish.

im not saying it is bad, im just wondering if this brando show will move it.

+ Reply to Thread