+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next season

Puppy Alex054sho is an unknown Alex054sho's Avatar

Next season

does anybody know if we going to play a 13 regular season schedule next year like we did last year?

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Re: Next season

The word is we're not.

why not?!
    i realy liked that we played 13 games last season since we didint go to a bowl game and i had an extra game to watch Tech play

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex054sho View Post
    why not?!
    i realy liked that we played 13 games last season since we didint go to a bowl game and i had an extra game to watch Tech play
    Why not?

1. You don't get a bye week in the middle of the season to rest up.
    2. We would wind up playing 8 road games again.
    3. Our AD would be licking his chops to sign up USC, Oklahoma, or God forbid LSU again!
    4. If we played 13 games, we should have at minimum 6 home games with the 13th game an option for a 7th home game with a 1AA; it ain't happening

so we only playing 12 games next season again?

Varsity Bulldog bambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the ears

Two TBA's on the schedule so far...6 home and 5 away would be awesome, but that seems unlikely.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Chances are slim. 13 games would be ok if we played at least 6 games at home, and really it should be 7. The thirteenth game is a WAC "reward" for playing on the Islands. It is supposed to give you an extra home game to help generate revenue to offset travel cost. However, for Louisiana Tech, that means that Jimmy O uses that 13th game to pimp out our football team. With Coach Dooley demanding a maximum of 1 BCS game a year, I don't logically see us having a 13th game. If Jimmy O was smart, he would schedule a geographically close I-AA, or weak a D-I team again geographically close on the first Thursday of the College Football Season. Again, we all have great ideas, but they will never happen until Jimmy O gets the boot.

"T"

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Here's the schedule for '08 as it stands right now...

Home: Clemson, Southeastern, Nevada, Idaho, Utah St., Fresno

Away: Kansas, Hawaii, NM St., Boise, San Jose

Word is that ULL is waiting on us to finish our end of the paperwork for a game in Lafayette.

There's rumor out there that someone has offered a very large amount of money for us to come play. I assume this potential deal is what may be holding up the ULL paperwork.

BTW, RX there will be two open dates in '08 with a 12 game schedule. Just like this year.
    Last edited by maddawg; 11-14-2007 at 05:59 AM.

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

Why would we want to play at ULL for crying out loud if we play them it should be at home...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frogdog View Post
    Why would we want to play at ULL for crying out loud if we play them it should be at home...
    Home and home. Don't know when the return game would be. I would hope it would be '09.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Whew boy! Joakes must of really beat the bushes to land that Southeastern game. I'm so impressed with these latest developments, I think Danno should give him another raise.

Bulldog dawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the roughdawg1992 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by "T" View Post
    Chances are slim. 13 games would be ok if we played at least 6 games at home, and really it should be 7. The thirteenth game is a WAC "reward" for playing on the Islands. It is supposed to give you an extra home game to help generate revenue to offset travel cost. However, for Louisiana Tech, that means that Jimmy O uses that 13th game to pimp out our football team. With Coach Dooley demanding a maximum of 1 BCS game a year, I don't logically see us having a 13th game. If Jimmy O was smart, he would schedule a geographically close I-AA, or weak a D-I team again geographically close on the first Thursday of the College Football Season. Again, we all have great ideas, but they will never happen until Jimmy O gets the boot.

"T"

the key word here is IF jimmy O was smart...

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by frogdog View Post

I was surprised to hear the local radio guys say that in the last twenty years ull's biggest rival was LA Tech. I have never considered ull a big rival for some reason. That game would definately worry me because our guys would have a hard time taking it seriously and they are a young team that puts up some yards offensively but the defense has been torched this year.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

@ULL is not bad because it brings a home game to us in the future.

we should take the 13th game oppurtunity and play @ulm too. yeah we would have 6 home and 7 away, but two of those away games would be easy trips against patsies.

ULL would most likely come to ruston in 09 and we could sign ULM to come here as our 13th game in 2010.

We should play ULM every two years as our 13th game. If we keep signing home and homes with people and playing a FCS teamin Ruston every year, we might actually get 7 home games one year.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    @ULL is not bad because it brings a home game to us in the future.

we should take the 13th game oppurtunity and play @ulm too. yeah we would have 6 home and 7 away, but two of those away games would be easy trips against patsies.

ULL would most likely come to ruston in 09 and we could sign ULM to come here as our 13th game in 2010.

We should play ULM every two years as our 13th game. If we keep signing home and homes with people and playing a FCS teamin Ruston every year, we might actually get 7 home games one year.
    We could have ULM as our homecoming beotch one year and ULL the next. :icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread