+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A few questions/points

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

A few questions/points

1. Missisippi St. in Ruston is better than any game in S'port. This is great news.

2. Will we still play Southeastern in Ruston?

3. Will we still play Clemson in Shreveport?

4. Will we still play @ULL?

That would be 13 games. Jim has said 3 things:

1. We will not play 13 games

2. We can't afford to play 7 home games.

3. We can't afford to play two BCS teams at home. (Clemson and Miss St.)

Mississippi State is great, it is better than CLemson and it is better than Kansas.

but...

1. Why not keep the remaining home game and the remaining road game with Clemson?

2. We still go to Kansas for a money game so don't tell me that Miss St. replaces Kansas. It is in addition to Kansas. Kansas is still a money game that should have been a home and home.

Very good step in the right direction. I'm still not ready to get back on the kool-aid. This does not erase past sins (Kansas and Baylor) and does not guarentee that we won't schedule future money games.

I asked them to announce this and they did it, that's what I wanted. Now, let's finalize the 08 schedule. We need to know about Clemson, Southeastern, and ULL.

Varsity Bulldog bulldoglatech is just really nicebulldoglatech is just really nicebulldoglatech is just really nicebulldoglatech is just really nicebulldoglatech is just really nicebulldoglatech is just really nicebulldoglatech is just really nicebulldoglatech is just really nice

Re: A few questions/points

My Gut says that we will not play either Southeastern or ULL.... I hope I am wrong because that should be two wins. Something is wrong if you cant afford to play home games! That makes it sound like it cost you more to play at home than you are bringing in. IF that is the case, Somebody (JOAKES) is not doing a very good job! Let me keep 10% of the profit and I would fill the stadium for you. You cant tell me that with proper marketing that home games would not generate income!

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    1. Missisippi St. in Ruston is better than any game in S'port. This is great news.

2. Will we still play Southeastern in Ruston?

3. Will we still play Clemson in Shreveport?

4. Will we still play @ULL?

That would be 13 games. Jim has said 3 things:

1. We will not play 13 games

2. We can't afford to play 7 home games.

3. We can't afford to play two BCS teams at home. (Clemson and Miss St.)

Mississippi State is great, it is better than CLemson and it is better than Kansas.

but...

1. Why not keep the remaining home game and the remaining road game with Clemson?

2. We still go to Kansas for a money game so don't tell me that Miss St. replaces Kansas. It is in addition to Kansas. Kansas is still a money game that should have been a home and home.

Very good step in the right direction. I'm still not ready to get back on the kool-aid. This does not erase past sins (Kansas and Baylor) and does not guarentee that we won't schedule future money games.

I asked them to announce this and they did it, that's what I wanted. Now, let's finalize the 08 schedule. We need to know about Clemson, Southeastern, and ULL.
    I think he means we can't afford 2 BCS at home in Ruston...BUT either way I think he is full of $hit.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by TECHLAX View Post
    I think he means we can't afford 2 BCS at home in Ruston...BUT either way I think he is full of $hit.
    Agreed. If we can't afford to play MSU and Kansas in Ruston we have MAJOR problems.

Varsity Bulldog redman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really nice

With the addition of MISS ST, and comments from Dooley and Oakes, it is reasonable to think that a BCS school will be dropped.(Clemson/Kansas)

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I think we'll keep Clemson (technically not IN Ruston) and be @ULL which is great for me

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Here's another question...

What is the number of tickets that we will send to MSU per the contract? Hopefully it won't be any more than they will send to us for '09.

Man! The possibilities for season ticket sales are endless with MSU and Clemson. Eric Buskirk is about to be a busy, busy man if he's not already.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

I almost ran over him (Eric) on Tech drive the other day. Pretty sure he had a "sponsor guy" with him that I almost clicked as well. Oops....

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

I don't think we do enough to allow marketers to advertise to our fans. Watch other games on ESPN and see how much other schools allow banner around the field. That is all part of helping the university maximize its return on the games.

Part of me feels bad that I am encouraging this because like you I am really tired of getting inundated with advertising but it is reality.

If we did this, then a Real AD would have a much easier time making money on home games.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    What is the number of tickets that we will send to MSU per the contract? Hopefully it won't be any more than they will send to us for '09.
    Malcolm just said 5,000 - I was hoping its 2,000 or less -

He also said that the schedule is still very fluid - still working with SLU, but a minimum of 6 home games - I think Clemson will be axed and replaced with ULL

I think Moo U will travel well, but I don't see 12,000 State people making the trip - I do think 5,000 or so will -

Need caller ID in the ticket office - anyone with a MS area code should be placed in the upper north wing on the east side -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

He also said that the schedule is still very fluid - still working with SLU, but a minimum of 6 home games - I think Clemson will be axed and replaced with ULL

I think Moo U will travel well, but I don't see 12,000 State people making the trip - I do think 5,000 or so will -

Need caller ID in the ticket office - anyone with a MS area code should be placed in the upper north wing on the east side -
    Do you think we are buying out the Clemson contract, or moving the game back? It would be cool to have it in Ruston in a couple of years. Save the S'port games for bigger, closer opponents like aTm.

Also, we have a lot of alumni in MS. Obviously they should already be season ticket holders, but we wouldn't want to automatically put them with the visitors if they only bought tickets for the one game.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Season Ticket holders and Champs Members should be given the first opportunity at additional tickets. I would hope that alone season ticket and champs members buy close to 20,000 tickets. I would likely pay for 6 to 10 tickets extra tickets for this game and provide them to alumni that would be coming in for the game.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Exactly.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg View Post
    Season Ticket holders and Champs Members should be given the first opportunity at additional tickets. I would hope that alone season ticket and champs members buy close to 20,000 tickets. I would likely pay for 6 to 10 tickets extra tickets for this game and provide them to alumni that would be coming in for the game.
    I think the bolded part is almost guaranteed. I believe season ticket holders already get first dibs on away game tickets, so this will probably be handled similarly. Also, didn't they implement a rule this year that you have to donate to CHAMPS before buying season tickets?

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

I agree, 5,000 butts in seats from State sounds about right to be. 7k tops.

State is not a huge school and they dont have a huge following. Plus, the game is not in Shreveport. Many of them will not want to stay in Monroe(would you?)

I love that this game is in Ruston!

I say axe Clemson but do whatever it takes to get a 7th home game. Those two things would go a country mile in helping assure 2008 is a winning season....

+ Reply to Thread