+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: WKU Game

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Re: WKU Game

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHillbilly View Post
    Well, ya'll did have some Middle Tennessee fans in attendance cheering on the Lady Techsters. WKU is tough to beat in their house-- they get all of the calls.

Crystal Kelley will climb on opposing players' backs for rebounds and is never called for it.... in Diddle Arena.

Good luck this season and hope to have you on the schedule soon.
    Ain't that the truth! After watching Western last night and watching Middle play last week, you guys should have no problem with them. I was extremely impressed with Middle's athleticism and quickness. That press is killer, and if guys play a team without a good press break, you will eat them alive.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Long has done an excellent job to get this team going with all these new players.
    What evidence do you have for this?
    ________
    Ferrari 126 C
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

I didn't see the game but looking @ the stats ( & granted, it is just our first game ), this team looks like it will be better at scoring from the outside. Guess that's good since we don't really have a true post player but last year we sucked from the floor!!
    Never thought I'd defend CL but this IS the Techsters first game & WKU's 4th & there's nothing like actual game experience so I'll give them a few more games.
    No, I HAVE written off the Tennessee game as an "L" but if we can stay reasonably close ( say 20 points or so ), maybe that'll give the team a little confidence.

Gene

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

From the WKU Message Board:
    "This La Tech team will have a great season. They had talent, speed, size...reminded me of an old Leon Barimore team. This was a good win."

I tend to agree. If you watched that first half with us pounding the ball in to Sneed and Dowdell, you have to have seen the similarities. When they doubled up on the inside Dowdell drained a three. Got to be impressed with their first game.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

No No no no. Leon never had a team with less than a 6'3 or 6'4 player. You can not win cONSISTENTLY without an inside game. this guard heavy crap is rediculous. Yes they are important and can score but we need heighth. What is up with the 6'3 girl ULM got out of Winnfield but we didn't go after. How many guards can Louisiana Tech have? I am losing my faith in Long really quick. Yes he can recruit. GUARDS

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Winnfield has another one coming up. She's about 6'3", or close to it, and is a sophomore this year, I think. Maybe a freshman! Can't remember her name, but I see potential in her. Right now she's a bit thin and prefers to run the floor like a small forward. Which, ain't a bad thing to have either. Saw her play summer ball and reffed two of her games last year. With the right coaching and development, she may be a nice recruit in a few years.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I think what the previous person from Western was saying was that they saw some resemblance of the balance Barmore coached teams had due to having an inside and outside game. I could be wrong but last time I checked 6'2 for girls wasn't considered short or necessarily a guard. We had an inside game the other night, I just hope we continue to be as balanced the entire season. This is definately a team that may have four players average double figures a game.
    Tonight we go to the second game lets hope we can put a solid defensive performance together to go along with the offense.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I think what the previous person from Western was saying was that they saw some resemblance of the balance Barmore coached teams had due to having an inside and outside game. I could be wrong but last time I checked 6'2 for girls wasn't considered short or necessarily a guard. We had an inside game the other night, I just hope we continue to be as balanced the entire season. This is definately a team that may have four players average double figures a game.
    Tonight we go to the second game lets hope we can put a solid defensive performance together to go along with the offense.
    You are correct and he knew exactly what I was stating. Anyone who saw that game could see that Sneed and Dowdell were dominating until they got into foul trouble. The moves under the basket were very very similar to Barmore type post players. Only when Sneed left the game did WKU get back in it. She was the only one physical enough to handle the WKU star. Offensively, every time WKU would pack the inside, we would nail the outside shot. The style was VERY familiar.

There were a few bad calls, but overall we have to work on our defense without the fouls. Sneed played tough and the refs called it tight. We are very physical with her in the game.

If Kara gets in the game tonight, my thought is that she will be a good physical player that can block shots inside. If she can do that, we can go far. If she picks up fouls, so be it. Every foul she gets is one that Sneed and Dowdell do not get. If she develops as a great player, we are that much stronger. I like this team and where I think it is heading.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Champion you hit the nail directly on the head if she goes out and is just physical with opposing post we have five free fouls now that we didn't have before. If she scores a couple points a game or every couple games that is just extra points we weren't counting on a week ago. Banging and giving a couple minutes break to the others is going to be huge and if she happens to be a good post then even better.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

If Kara gets in the game tonight, my thought is that she will be a good physical player that can block shots inside. If she can do that, we can go far. If she picks up fouls, so be it. Every foul she gets is one that Sneed and Dowdell do not get. If she develops as a great player, we are that much stronger. I like this team and where I think it is heading.
    Champ, we could put 5 Munchkins in Techster uniforms and you would find something positive to say about 'em . I admire your unwaivering devotion and "positiveness".

Of course, we all HOPE for great things for the Techsters. Even glm47 and Maddawg would prefer to see the Techsters winning, rather than struggling...I think .

Looking at the schedule, I'd say that 9-4 is very likely heading into the WAC portion of the slate. 10-3 would be the best I'd expect, which would be okay. Then, I expect us to go no worse than about 11-5 during WAC play, and more like 13-3, actually. Given where this program is, I'd say that is a reasonable to hopeful expectation.

I'm more interested in seeing this team find some identity and develop, i.e. get better as the season rolls on. That is the truest indication of coaching...

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

If Kara gets in the game tonight, my thought is that she will be a good physical player that can block shots inside. If she can do that, we can go far. If she picks up fouls, so be it. Every foul she gets is one that Sneed and Dowdell do not get. If she develops as a great player, we are that much stronger.
    One good thing is that V-ball players go straight up for blocks. I hate to see people lean their body into the opposing player and pick up a tic-tac foul. She should be able to stand straight up, jump and get blocks without fouls. We'll see though.

That's an interesting point, Doc. Of course, the VB game kind of dictates that players go straight up so as not to interfere in the net. Hopefully, she'll use that, as you suggest, when blocking shots in hoops too.

Totally agree, Doc and Dawg80.

Shot blocking is what I hope she has to offer. She may foul out quickly, if she doesn't go straight up, but that is fine. Like I stated, the worse thing is that she is JUST physical. I think she may be the missing ingredient even if that is all she can do. Scoring 20ppg in high school is a good sign, but I imagine that she towered over opponents there.

+ Reply to Thread