+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Rochelle Sandberg

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Re: Rochelle Sandberg

Elson and Sandberg in consecutive years. Let me look into two other names because I'm not definitely sure they were All WAC.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

And how many years has Dawson been here? Two players quitting really isn't alot. Granted, you don't want your best players leaving the team, but again there are 2 sides to every story. I know with one of those players, a younger player took her job from her. Who cares if she's all-wac? She wasn't performing and someone else stepped up. That's life.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Dawson has been here seven years.

There have definitely been more than two players quit. I am limiting this to All WAC because "bad" players quit on a regular basis.
    Allow me to clarify that "All WAC" is not the all encompassing definition of "good player" and that I do not mean to say that players who are not "All WAC" are bad players. However, in order to stay objective, I am using that as a meter of "good." To the player which I believe you are referring, she was switched positions due to an injury which affected her mobility. I'm not saying she should or should not have been moved or replaced defensively, but we could have definitely used another bat.

We could use a lesser meter of "starter" instead of "All WAC" which I think helps enforce my point. How many starters from other programs have quit and how many starters from softball have quit? Again, I cannot think of any starter on any other program who has quit the team.

I'd be interested in your explanation of "wasn't performing" and "stepping up." I'd also like to point out that the cliche "there are two sides to every story" is obviously not correct and is a statement that you have previously failed to defend. Perhaps you feel there are two sides to this story, but not every story.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Are you saying that Rochelle Sandberg and the coaching staff are going to tell you the same story? Obviously, that means there are two sides to this story. I have taked to the coaching staff on this issue, and I am afraid I agree with them. I understand Rochelle's side, but I agree with the coaching staff because I am a mature adult.

I think before we bash Dawson, Long, Dooley, Rupp, whoever replaces Mazeitis, or any coach at the college level, we need to take a look at how hard it is to be a head coach. When you don't have the resources and facilities at other DI universities and the money that is put into their softball programs then sadly our softball program is going get even further behind like the rest of our athletics. LSU is building a new softball stadium, and there is nothing wrong with the one they have. Tennessee just built a mulit-million dollar stadium that opened this fall. Take a look at Auburn, Baylor, Fresno State, Arizona, Kennessaw State, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Hawaii, should I continue...look at their fields/facilities and look at ours.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

[/quote]You have NO idea how Dawson treated her girls...so until you do I suggest you shut your mouth.[/quote]

I know exactly how Dawson has treated her players and usually they deserved to get what they got. Plus it could have been a lot worse. Everyday when I see how most college athletes are so called "mistreated" by coaches the athlete usually deserved to be yelled at or punished for something.

I think this is Dawson's 6th year.

Quote Originally Posted by 10cDawg View Post
    Are you saying that Rochelle Sandberg and the coaching staff are going to tell you the same story? Obviously, that means there are two sides to this story. I have taked to the coaching staff on this issue, and I am afraid I agree with them. I understand Rochelle's side, but I agree with the coaching staff because I am a mature adult.

I think before we bash Dawson, Long, Dooley, Rupp, whoever replaces Mazeitis, or any coach at the college level, we need to take a look at how hard it is to be a head coach. When you don't have the resources and facilities at other DI universities and the money that is put into their softball programs then sadly our softball program is going get even further behind like the rest of our athletics. LSU is building a new softball stadium, and there is nothing wrong with the one they have. Tennessee just built a mulit-million dollar stadium that opened this fall. Take a look at Auburn, Baylor, Fresno State, Arizona, Kennessaw State, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Hawaii, should I continue...look at their fields/facilities and look at ours.
    You agree with the coaching staff because you are a mature adult. Nice. Obviously the only reason I disagree with you is because I'm not a mature adult. Good tactics.

Now you are saying there are two sides to "this" story, which is something I would be willing to grant. This is a different statement than "there are always two sides to every story."

You think fans shouldn't be critical of our coaching staff with a winning percentage around 30% because it is hard to be a head coach? Right. Perhaps we shouldn't care about winning. After all, it isn't ME out on the field, is it? But, since it isn't ME on the field, why should I continue to donate? People are critical because they care. It'd be different if I weren't willing to freely give my money to support the program.

I know exactly how Dawson has treated her players and usually they deserved to get what they got. Plus it could have been a lot worse. Everyday when I see how most college athletes are so called "mistreated" by coaches the athlete usually deserved to be yelled at or punished for something.

I think this is Dawson's 6th year.
    Her bio online says this, "Prior to coming to Louisiana Tech in 2000, Dawson served as an assistant coach at UL-Monroe from 2000 through 2002 and at Marshall University in 1999." This is obviously incorrect. Earlier, my count of her record might be incorrect in light of the recent conflict of information on her bio because I thought she started in 2000.

Since you know ("exactly") what was going on, would you care to respond to the information on the recruiting section? Is Dawson excused from allowing those behaviors on repeated occassions? I guess if we had more money we could afford discipline. Or perhaps I'm just being too immature to expect a coach to keep things like that in check.
    Last edited by Abominable Gorilla; 12-24-2007 at 03:34 PM. Reason: The quote got broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    You agree with the coaching staff because you are a mature adult. Nice. Obviously the only reason I disagree with you is because I'm not a mature adult. Good tactics.
    I wasn't referring to you with that statement. I was saying that for immature female student athletes who blame everyone but themselves for the problems.

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

mentechsters and gorilla just get a room or call each other....this is ridiculous.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

I was saying that for immature female student athletes who blame everyone but themselves for the problems.

oh, but its the coaches always. players arent responsible for the actions, lifestyle, lack of judgement, or lack of hard work.

+ Reply to Thread