+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MSU on a Thursday?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

MSU on a Thursday?

According to this it could happen...

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...711160342/1287

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: MSU on a Thursday?

There are some really interesting statements in this article.

Playing the same team twice in a year?

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

No doubt. But I liked this comment:

Quote Originally Posted by MSU's AD
    He said there was little likelihood either game's site would be moved.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Would it still be a sell-out if its on a Thursday night? I know I wouldn't be able to make it.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    Would it still be a sell-out if its on a Thursday night? I know I wouldn't be able to make it.
    Me either. Our 2008 season finale is on Aug 28. Hope it is on Friday or Saturday night.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

I cannot make it on a Thursday night.

10 tickets will go unused if it is on a Thursday night.

While ESPN exposure is always good, I really would like to make this game.

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

i will make it regardless!! I will not miss the opportunity to see TECH beat a SEC school in Ruston. (And) It will sell out whether it is Thurs or Sat night.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I don't think it will sell out if it's a Thursday night, the dorms don't even open until Sunday the 31st, I know this will be changed, but classes don't start till Thursday the 4th, do you really think parents are going to bring there students in a WEEK before classes start during the work week? Keep the game on Saturday night, push students/parents moving in to take a break and come to the game, in fact sell tickets at the dorms for the parents.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I hope not, too many negative factors involved as listed. Keep it on Saturday. We need the fans more than being on tv. I think with all the fans coming in for this game it'll help out attendance for the other games (causual fans will see how exciting Tech football is and will be come back as regulars). I say next year we avg 23-24,000...we will be bowl bound. Dooley's doing a terrific job.

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I don't think it will sell out if it's a Thursday night, the dorms don't even open until Sunday the 31st, I know this will be changed, but classes don't start till Thursday the 4th, do you really think parents are going to bring there students in a WEEK before classes start during the work week? Keep the game on Saturday night, push students/parents moving in to take a break and come to the game, in fact sell tickets at the dorms for the parents.
    Just playing devil's advocate, but is there EVER a time when you would not showcase your program on NATIONAL television?

As I said in another post, there are so many things to consider...

In this case, I actually think it would help Tech more as a program to tell ESPN no thanks to anything other than Saturday. The impact of a sure sellout and the bonus to season ticket sales could out weigh the national exposier IMO.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Regardless of the date (and I'd prefer Saturday) the dorms need to be opened for students to move in AND there needs to be some food service available. Food service was an issue this year for those students who came in early for the September 1 game against Central Arkansas. Classes don't start until Thursday or Friday and apparently there was no food service until then...from what I'm told. Makes for a long week for some of them.

Tech needs to start now planning for that weekend...

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    My gut says it sells out...even on a Thursday. BUT, how do we really Know? It will be the first time a bcs team has EVER played in Ruston at Joe Aillet. So, predicting either way is a coin flip. I will continue to lean toward a sellout, though. Obviously the stadium will not be completely full (on Thursday) b/c some season ticket holders won't make it, but at the very least 30,600 tickets will be sold.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate, but is there EVER a time when you would not showcase your program on NATIONAL television?
    Yes, when your stands look like this....

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

i expect this game to be on a thursday night. espn loves to put games like this (non-bcs underdog at home againt a SEC type school) on during the week. I recall ESPN doing this twice to Troy in the past two years (against Missouri and Ok State). I believe Boise has had a couple of its home games against Pac 10 schools (last year against Oregon St. possibly) played on a thurs night. Throw in the fact that this is possibly the first game of the year and i put the chances of this game being moved to Thurs. at better than 50/50.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I will be there whenever it is.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

+ Reply to Thread