+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan is Looking for a Coach

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Michigan is Looking for a Coach

Cowherd was all over this. We'll see if he is correct about his prediction on the rest of the story.

Varsity Bulldog bulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the ears bulldog95's Avatar

Jack Bicknell?????

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog95 View Post
    Jack Bicknell?????

Don't think so. Maybe Les Myles.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I will believe Les Miles to Michigan when I see it. I know I know. He went to school there. But being a graduate of the school didn't stop Michigan from hiring Lloyd Carr. Those days are past when you had to look in your alumni roster for your next coach. Heck even Notre Dame abandoned that a while ago.

Michigan is going to hire someone with more class than Les Miles because they are one of the top programs in the history of college football. The way his players acted while coach at Okie State. Strike 1. The way he left Okie State. Strike 2. The way his players are acting now. Strike 3. Not to mention he is doing a crappy job recruiting for LSU during a freaking potential national championship year.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I will believe Les Miles to Michigan when I see it. I know I know. He went to school there. But being a graduate of the school didn't stop Michigan from hiring Lloyd Carr. Those days are past when you had to look in your alumni roster for your next coach. Heck even Notre Dame abandoned that a while ago.

Michigan is going to hire someone with more class than Les Miles because they are one of the top programs in the history of college football. The way his players acted while coach at Okie State. Strike 1. The way he left Okie State. Strike 2. The way his players are acting now. Strike 3. Not to mention he is doing a crappy job recruiting for LSU during a freaking potential national championship year.
    I think Miles had a no buyout clause in his contract SPECIFICALLY for Michigan if the job ever came open. If Miles wins the National Championship, well . . . that looks pretty good on a resume.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I think Miles had a no buyout clause in his contract SPECIFICALLY for Michigan if the job ever came open. If Miles wins the National Championship, well . . . that looks pretty good on a resume.
    Not to a school like Michigan. I think they look long and hard and maybe even interview Miles but they settle on the top coach that knows how to keep his kids up to the Big Ten and more importantly Michigan standards. Miles has too many question marks. Not even a national title will save him.

Miles is a picture perfect Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M coach. He needs to be number 2 in the state so less scrutiny is placed on him and more credit is given to him the years he competes for a conference championship, national title, or even beats the big brother in his state.

Varsity Bulldog BrettStah42 has turned a few heads around hereBrettStah42 has turned a few heads around hereBrettStah42 has turned a few heads around here

I hope Michigan thinks like you do, Juice752! Miles should stay exactly where he is, unless LSU fires him after how far LSU has fallen since Miles arrived in Baton Rouge.

:icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by BrettStah42 View Post
    I hope Michigan thinks like you do, Juice752! Miles should stay exactly where he is, unless LSU fires him after how far LSU has fallen since Miles arrived in Baton Rouge.

:icon_wink:
    I hope you still feel that way after seeing LSU's recruiting class for this year. I didn't know the number 1 team in the country is supposed to live on 3 stars.

Varsity Bulldog BrettStah42 has turned a few heads around hereBrettStah42 has turned a few heads around hereBrettStah42 has turned a few heads around here

I hope you still feel that way after seeing LSU's recruiting class for this year. I didn't know the number 1 team in the country is supposed to live on 3 stars.
    Let's wait to see what their recruiting class actually looks like on signing day, and how those recruits fill in any niches. I have more confidence in the coaches who actually scout the players that they recruit than I do with some computer geeks who try to be experts on every high-school player. I've heard of cases where a particular player's "stars" go UP when one or more top teams are discovered to be recruiting him.

Lastly, it is sometimes harder to convince a player to come to a team that is already stacked with talent, versus a team where that player may more easily play/start.

I know I know stars are overrated. But they are a good gauge of how heavily a player is recruited. Rivals even admits that when schools like LSU or USC recruit a kid they put more value in him. So it makes you wonder how good your 13 3 star kids really are.

I know I know stars are overrated. But they are a good gauge of how heavily a player is recruited. Rivals even admits that when schools like LSU or USC recruit a kid they put more value in him. So it makes you wonder how good your 13 3 star kids really are.
    To be honest, I don't really follow recruiting (for many of the reasons already listed, plus the actual football season already takes up too much time in my life ), so I pretty much trust the coaching staff until proven they don't deserve that trust. So far, Miles has done a terrific job, including recruiting (~75% of LSU's points were scored by Les Miles recruits).

Quote Originally Posted by BrettStah42 View Post
    To be honest, I don't really follow recruiting (for many of the reasons already listed, plus the actual football season already takes up too much time in my life ), so I pretty much trust the coaching staff until proven they don't deserve that trust. So far, Miles has done a terrific job, including recruiting (~75% of LSU's points were scored by Les Miles recruits).
    Well I hope so...considering the roster consists of mostly his recruits.

Actually...

Hester = Saban
    Doucet = Saban
    Flynn = Saban

Heck on defense
    Steltz = Saban
    Dorsey = Saban

Those guys might equate to 25% of your points. I will take your word for it because I honestly could careless.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

u guys can go to tigerdroppings to carry on a debate about lsu recruiting

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    u guys can go to tigerdroppings to carry on a debate about lsu recruiting
    Ditto! Who cares about lack of class Miles and the Chiggers anyway?

+ Reply to Thread