16 36.36%
  • Blessed Union of Souls

3 6.82%
  • I have know idea what I'm talking about;

17 38.64%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Best 90's band...

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Re: Best 90's band...

Quote Originally Posted by TechStudent View Post
    Now why didn't you put cake on the list? They are more my style than Tool and the other bands you listed.

I'm still a little confused at why you don't like to play Tool songs. It might not be your ideal genre but it's always fun to challenge yourself and take a fresh approach with your instrument.
    As far as the bands go, I have already said my roommate and I were arguing over a specific genre from the nineties.

As far as playing Tool songs or the like, It's not a matter of whether I want to or not, it's a matter of not being able to yet.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I will give you the fact that your ears would be ringing, but you have hardly heard them all after listening to 3-4 songs. They have the largest catalog I have ever seen of any band. Just to make a short list of some of their great, yet diverse songs (and I will stick with the 90s):

Bullet With Butterfly Wings, 1979, Tonight Tonight, Cherub Rock, Mayonaise, Ava Adore, Zero, Today, Soma, Quiet, Rocket, Geek USA, Disarm, Muzzle, Here Is No Why, Where Boys Fear to Tread, Bodies, Jellybelly, Thru the Eyes of a Ruby, Drown, Blew Away, Mouths of Babes.

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and Siamese Dream are LOADED and the songs sound nothing alike, IMO.
    You ever notice that some of their guitar riffs sound like Boston? Like frail and bedazzled for instance. I always loved that song.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    You ever notice that some of their guitar riffs sound like Boston? Like frail and bedazzled for instance. I always loved that song.
    Frail and Bedazzled is awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPbc375FJRo
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Hummer (featuring some D'Arcy eye candy).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E_C6...eature=related
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Randy and I were both at this show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdwlQ...eature=related

And no song captures the spirit of the 90s like Muzzle - post-Grunge melancholy optimism.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHD6F...eature=related

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

I have to agree, there are alot of other 90's bands that were amazing, most of which were already listed above so I won't repeat, however, I would not say that you were a total idiot for putting those 3 in your "top 90's bands." I was blessed to have an older brother that kindly introduced me to the truly great bands of the entire 90's decade!

"T"

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

For those of you that are Radiohead fans. Tell me if I were to hear only one Radiohead Album, one Radiohead song what should it be? I realize they have many different styles but I have yet to hear much that can hold my interest for very long.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    For those of you that are Radiohead fans. Tell me if I were to hear only one Radiohead Album, one Radiohead song what should it be? I realize they have many different styles but I have yet to hear much that can hold my interest for very long.
    My advice:

Album- The Bends

Song- Karma Police (from the ok computer album)

Tough question:

I like OK Computer best. Here are the "highlights"

OK Computer
    Paranoid Android - Radiohead's Bohemian Rhapsody
    Karma Police - one of their best known songs

Pablo Honey
    Creep - Hands down their most popular song

The Bends
    Street Spirit (Fade Out)
    Just
    High and Dry - popular
    Fake Plastic Trees - popular
    My Iron Lung

KidA
    Idioteque

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

I'd choose The Bends as my album of choice (OK Computer would by Choice #2 and is also very good). A single song is a tough one for me to choose. Fake Plastic Trees is a personal favorite, but there are many you could choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    I'd choose The Bends as my album of choice (OK Computer would by Choice #2 and is also very good). A single song is a tough one for me to choose. Fake Plastic Trees is a personal favorite, but there are many you could choose from.
    That is because you like the polymer references in the song. Nerd!

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

That is because you like the polymer references in the song. Nerd!
    Nah, I like it because I'm allergic to real Christmas trees. :icon_wink:

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Tough question:

I like OK Computer best. Here are the "highlights"

OK Computer
    Paranoid Android - Radiohead's Bohemian Rhapsody
    Karma Police - one of their best known songs

Pablo Honey
    Creep - Hands down their most popular song

The Bends
    Street Spirit (Fade Out)
    Just
    High and Dry - popular
    Fake Plastic Trees - popular
    My Iron Lung

KidA
    Idioteque
    Wow radiohead fans...Street Spirit is prob my favorite out of all songs. I remember reading somewhere they were noted as the "pink floyd" of the 90's

+ Reply to Thread