+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Luke McCown vs N.O. Saints

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Luke McCown vs N.O. Saints

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    The Saints didn't give anyone an education or help them grow into men. They are a professional sports franchise that wants to make money. (and a poor one at that) They don't look at you as anything but a dollar sign. You don't owe them loyalty. Besides it's not like those players are from Louisiana. It's not like many of them are going to to make a home in N.O and stay there through thick or thin.

Thanks for posting those PDB.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDawg View Post
    3. I am not sure that Galloway didn't miss his blitz read on the interception, he seemed to be running a stop and go, I am not sure Luke would have had time to get that one off.
    Whatever it was, it was a definite miscommunication by one of them and McKenzie made a heads up read knowing that McCown was going to have to do something real quick if he was going to be able to get rid of that ball before being plowed.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDawg View Post
    3. I am not sure that Galloway didn't miss his blitz read on the interception, he seemed to be running a stop and go, I am not sure Luke would have had time to get that one off.
    Looked to me like Luke tried to audible before the play but the crowd was too loud. He probably audibled for a button route and Joey ran a go....

It was too loud on that play for an audible....Sometimes its best to trust the original play call.... He will learn

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    He needs to bequeath it to his granddaughter, whom I understand is running the show these days. I read a really nice article about her a while back. Can't find it now, but here is another one:

http://neworleansmagazine.com/in-thi.../browse/2.html
    Was this it?

http://www.portfolio.com/executives/...ts/?TID=drudge

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Luke hummed that winning pass in there. It was a tight fit... Great pass, great catch. Good for Luke!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    Yes, thank you. That is also a much better picture of her. :icon_wink:

It would be great to have someone like that running the show in the TAC. Someone who a) understands business and b) understands how to connect with a unique community.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Luke hummed that winning pass in there. It was a tight fit... Great pass, great catch. Good for Luke!
    It was also a great illegal shift- the bucs never got set, and the head of the officiating union has already admitted it shouldve been called back.

Oh well.

(Nothing against Luke... I'm just a bitter Saints fan :-P )
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    It was also a great illegal shift- the bucs never got set, and the head of the officiating union has already admitted it shouldve been called back.

Oh well.

(Nothing against Luke... I'm just a bitter Saints fan :-P )
    Yeah, it was a really good playcall motioning Stevens out to be matched up one on one with Craft (since McKenzie was out with an injury), but they never did get set. Had MM been in the game, I doubt they would have been able to run that play, unless they would have done it to Jason David's side.

Defeat from the jaws of victory....

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

That's all great but you totally missed my point. You didn't GO to the New Orleans Saints University and get your education. You didn't grow into a man at the New Orleans Saints. You didn't live at New Orleans Saints. I feel an obligation to cheer for Tech. I don't feel that obligation to cheer for ANY professional team because I live inside certain state lines or city boundaries. All NFL teams to charity work and I commend them for that. I love the Cowboys but it's not personal. Tech is personal. That's why I send them money even when it isn't a great investment.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    That's all great but you totally missed my point. You didn't GO to the New Orleans Saints University and get your education. You didn't grow into a man at the New Orleans Saints. You didn't live at New Orleans Saints. I feel an obligation to cheer for Tech. I don't feel that obligation to cheer for ANY professional team because I live inside certain state lines or city boundaries. All NFL teams to charity work and I commend them for that. I love the Cowboys but it's not personal. Tech is personal. That's why I send them money even when it isn't a great investment.
    Exactly. I wish more Tech alums felt that way.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    That was sickening. He was an average QB at Tech and he looked like a Pro Bowler yesterday. Sorry Saints fan over a Luke fan, pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.
    average? average! do i need to pull out the stats? many of us were disapointed in his performances because he had so much potential, but i can't imagine what would make you call him average.

the main thing he had going against him is that he was constantly compared to tim rattay. he didn't quite have the head for the game that rattay did, but not many quarterbacks do. his accuracy is every bit as good and his arm strength is much better. at Tech he was an amazing quarterback, and a bicknell-led team would not even have won 5 games in 2000-2003 without him. the fact that some rattay-spoiled fans were disappointed in him does not diminish his accomplishments while at Tech.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I didnt go to Louisiana Tech with my dad, and grandfather, and uncle every other Sunday. Louisiana Tech wasnt one of the few things I got to do with my grandfather before he died. Louisiana Tech wasnt one of the things that actually gave my family something to talk about and bond over.

Just because you dont have any kind of connection to the Saints doesnt mean no one else can.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

And there lies within the great debate for the ages: Which is better, College or Pro?

Both sides have 28 thousand different valid reasons for being the best, but in all reality, it depends mainly on your personal experience. I happen to love each equally.

"T"

How many "average" Tech QBs have the talent to make it to the NFL and stick? Not many. Luke elevated us above where we would have been without him, I don't think there is any doubt about that. Without him we don't beat Boise and Rice in our championship season. We don't beat Okie State and Michigan State. We don't take Auburn to OT. We don't play Miami a close game.

Luke had his faults, and I'm not going to discuss them again here. But he doesn't get nearly enough credit. He lifted Tech's team above where it would have been without him.

I root for the Saints, but I was THRILLED for a former Tech Bulldog when Luke played that outstanding game Sunday.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    How many "average" Tech QBs have the talent to make it to the NFL and stick? Not many. Luke elevated us above where we would have been without him, I don't think there is any doubt about that. Without him we don't beat Boise and Rice in our championship season. We don't beat Okie State and Michigan State. We don't take Auburn to OT. We don't play Miami a close game.

Luke had his faults, and I'm not going to discuss them again here. But he doesn't get nearly enough credit. He lifted Tech's team above where it would have been without him.

I root for the Saints, but I was THRILLED for a former Tech Bulldog when Luke played that outstanding game Sunday.
    Exactly.

I leveled my fair share of criticism towards him. In retrospect, all Luke needed from us was some good coaching and a halfway decent defense.

+ Reply to Thread