+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Butler Promoted to Associate Athletic Director - latechsports.com

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Re: Assoc. A.D. M. Butler

Malcolm Butler does a tremendous job for us and represents us with class at all times.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Butler Promoted to Associate Athletic Director - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech Athletic Director Jim Oakes announced Thursday that Malcolm Butler has been promoted to Associate Athletic Direc...

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

He's got a losers attitude. Ever since he called into Fox and Co. defending Jack after our ass kicking to Nebraska I haven't been able to forgive him.

Malcolm kept saying, "Look who Jack has lost to guys. It's all the big schools" The same loser attitude Jack had.

Red dot me all you want, but he displayed a horrible losers attitude that day.

This doesn't mean he doesn't work hard or rep the university well, I just think he has the same attitude Jack and Jim have.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    When did Tim go back to San Francisco? Congrats, Malcolm. You deserve it.
    The article was changed back. When I read it, it said Arizona.

Congratulations to Malcolm.

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

Great news!!!

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    He's got a losers attitude. Ever since he called into Fox and Co. defending Jack after our ass kicking to Nebraska I haven't been able to forgive him.

Malcolm kept saying, "Look who Jack has lost to guys. It's all the big schools" The same loser attitude Jack had.

Red dot me all you want, but he displayed a horrible losers attitude that day.

This doesn't mean he doesn't work hard or rep the university well, I just think he has the same attitude Jack and Jim have.
    That was dissapointing - but I think JB gave him a run down of the losses and that was also his ammo with Reneau.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    That was dissapointing - but I think JB gave him a run down of the losses and that was also his ammo with Reneau.
    And it is also important to remember that it is his JOB to present Tech athletics in a positive light. He is the ONE PERSON in the athletic department who SHOULD put a positive spin on things for the public. It is NOT his job to publicly criticize or pile on the criticism of a sitting coach at Tech.

We are the fans. When we are unhappy about how something is being done, it is our job to air those complaints. We should not be expecting employees at Tech to wage a public relations campaign against their fellow employees. I hope that Malcolm and all future SIDs (and whatever his new full title is) always attempt to represent Tech's coaches, players, and administrative in as positive a light as is appropriate. We are Tech's customers. If, at your job, you complained to a customer about the crappy job your supervisor or colleagues was doing, what would happen to you (whether the complaint was valid or not)? Likewise, I do not expect Techs coaches and athletic department employees to publicly rake JO or our coaches or anyone else over the coals. That is our job.

Bulldog Jack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Jack Mayhoffer's Avatar

Well, maybe one day we'll get the major media machine that makes Western PA high schools front page news in north Louisiana!!!!!! ... This is Malcolm's day, don't pi$$ on his parade...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60 View Post
    Based on what everyone here is saying, he is a very nice guy. And I suppose the fact he got a raise is good (at least for him).

From my perspective, and I follow a lot of media stories about all levels of athletics, I continue to observe that Tech's media promotions are minimal. And this didn't start in the recent era. It goes way back -- as long as I've been associated with Tech, and that's a very long time. I see high schools here in Western PA have far better media exposure.

A good example of how limited our media approach is is the very story about the promotion, in which they still show Tim Rattay as a "49ers" QB. BTW, I think Tim's exposure was due more to his record and stats, not Tech media. If he had been promoted by an aggressive media organization he probably would have been drafted higher and not had to work his way up from the practice squads. And once that perception is out there, it becomes a self fulfilling reality.

This is a long standing problem at Tech and it seems to be perpetual, much of it to do with the provincial "head in the sand" mentality of a lot of Tech's "leaders", starting right at the top! I don't expect to see much change as a result of this action.
    "Off the top of my head, I'd say you're looking at a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethros and a Leon Spinks, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever!"

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60 View Post
    Based on what everyone here is saying, he is a very nice guy. And I suppose the fact he got a raise is good (at least for him).

From my perspective, and I follow a lot of media stories about all levels of athletics, I continue to observe that Tech's media promotions are minimal. And this didn't start in the recent era. It goes way back -- as long as I've been associated with Tech, and that's a very long time. I see high schools here in Western PA have far better media exposure.

A good example of how limited our media approach is is the very story about the promotion, in which they still show Tim Rattay as a "49ers" QB. BTW, I think Tim's exposure was due more to his record and stats, not Tech media. If he had been promoted by an aggressive media organization he probably would have been drafted higher and not had to work his way up from the practice squads. And once that perception is out there, it becomes a self fulfilling reality.

This is a long standing problem at Tech and it seems to be perpetual, much of it to do with the provincial "head in the sand" mentality of a lot of Tech's "leaders", starting right at the top! I don't expect to see much change as a result of this action.

Very good points. Here's hoping Malcolm can be a positive force for change.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    And it is also important to remember that it is his JOB to present Tech athletics in a positive light. He is the ONE PERSON in the athletic department who SHOULD put a positive spin on things for the public. It is NOT his job to publicly criticize or pile on the criticism of a sitting coach at Tech.

We are the fans. When we are unhappy about how something is being done, it is our job to air those complaints. We should not be expecting employees at Tech to wage a public relations campaign against their fellow employees. I hope that Malcolm and all future SIDs (and whatever his new full title is) always attempt to represent Tech's coaches, players, and administrative in as positive a light as is appropriate. We are Tech's customers. If, at your job, you complained to a customer about the crappy job your supervisor or colleagues was doing, what would happen to you (whether the complaint was valid or not)? Likewise, I do not expect Techs coaches and athletic department employees to publicly rake JO or our coaches or anyone else over the coals. That is our job.
    I understand what your are saying, but nobody said he had to wage a war against jack.

Malcolm called in by himself, he was not contacted by Fox&co.

Also, he put tech in a negative light, not a positive light.

What would you do if ULM's AD called into the show defending three ass kickings. I would laugh my ass off.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

You guys are so cheesy..........talk about hypocritical.......

Just yesterday a bunch of you guys were complaining that Louisiana Tech doesn't get enough media/press coverage around the state. Some of you were even kicking around the idea of having Tech hire somebody just to write sports stories and send them in to the media outlets for publication.

Well guess what?........Malcolm has been Louisiana Tech's "Media Relations Director" until now. He's the guy that has been responsible for so many of the "media" shortcomings that so many of you complained about.

So just yesterday many of you were hating his work, while today some of you same guys are grin f$%#ing him and congratulating him for being promoted.

You guys need to decide if you're in or out.:icon_wink:

I have no way of knowing if Malcolm has been doing a good job or not because I live out of state. But this thread borders on blatant hypocrisy for some of you. Either that, or you're like some women....you reserve the right to change your mind without notice.

HD

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Just yesterday a bunch of you guys were complaining that Louisiana Tech doesn't get enough media/press coverage around the state. Some of you were even kicking around the idea of having Tech hire somebody just to write sports stories and send them in to the media outlets for publication.
    Umm...that's exactly what a media relations director does. Every story that appears on the Tech website -- all of which are written by a member of the MR staff -- gets sent to every media outlet in the state and several national media as soon as they appear on the site. What those media outlets do with it is their choice. Tech can't make them come to games or print stories, people. You know the old adage about leading a horse to water...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Congratulations to Malcolm.
    A true fellow professional (but I already knew that!).
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post
    Umm...that's exactly what a media relations director does. Every story that appears on the Tech website -- all of which are written by a member of the MR staff -- gets sent to every media outlet in the state and several national media as soon as they appear on the site. What those media outlets do with it is their choice. Tech can't make them come to games or print stories, people. You know the old adage about leading a horse to water...

Ummmm......I believe that's what I just said.

The point is, allot of these guys were not happy with Malcom's work, yet they were on this thread congratulating him for a job well done.

HD

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Re: Butler Promoted to Associate Athletic Director - latechsports.com

It says in the article that he will be responsible for the daily operations of the entire athletic department. I do not know Malcolm. He has always responded to my emails and sounds like a nice guy on the broadcasts. I am sure he works hard and is true Blue. Since his role in the athletic department is expanding I hope he is a man of vision and ideas. I hope he believes we can be a lot more than we are. I hope he has learned things about successful athletic departments and is anxious to implement new things in ours. I hope he sees the woeful inadequacy of our athletic department and will assume personal responsibility to make it better. I hope he can look at his own past performance and determine where he needs to step it up. I hope somebody who promoted him saw all these traits in him and that is why he was promoted.

+ Reply to Thread