View Poll Results: What was the best band?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Led Zeppelin

16 31.37%
  • Pink Floyd

10 19.61%
  • None of the Above

25 49.02%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Band of the 1970s

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Best Band of the 1970s

Since I was not alive for most of the 70s, I could use some help populating the following timeline:

Paranoid – Black Sabbath
    Bridge over Troubled Water – S & G
    Let it Be – the Beatles
    Led Zeppelin III – Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin IV – Led Zeppelin
    Sticky Fingers – Rolling Stones
    Imagine – John Lennon
    Who’s Next – the Who

Machine Head – Deep Purple

Dark Side of the Moon – Pink Floyd
    Houses of the Holy – Led Zeppelin
    Pronounced… - Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Brothers and Sisters – Allman Brothers Band

Natty Dread – Bob Marley
    Sheer Heart Attack – Queen

Physical Graffiti – Led Zeppelin
    Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd
    A Night at the Opera – Queen
    Toys in the Attic - Aerosmith

Hotel California – Eagles
    Boston – Boston
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – Tom Petty

Exodus – Bob Marley
    Animals – Pink Floyd

Van Halen – Van Halen
    Road to Ruin – the Ramones
    Dire Straits – Dire Straits

The Wall – Pink Floyd
    London Calling – The Clash
    Regatta de Blanc – The Police
    Highway to Hell – ACDC
    Last edited by Guisslapp; 12-03-2007 at 08:54 AM.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Best Band of the 1970s

1973 should hands down win best year.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

zeppelin, hands down. the best band of all time. take out the immigrant song and there is not a single song on the box set that i get tired of listening to.

I like Immigrant Song. Which reminds me...when I went down to VoodooFest this year, they had a female cover band of LZ. They called themselves Lez Zeppelin, and they opened with Immigrant Song.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I like Immigrant Song. Which reminds me...when I went down to VoodooFest this year, they had a female cover band of LZ. They called themselves Lez Zeppelin, and they opened with Immigrant Song.
    i like the immigrant song, but i can hear the guitar riff in my head anytime it is mentioned and that is enough for me. i can't stand to listen to the whole thing through any more.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

WOW, the 1970's music thread. Finally, a music thread I know a little about. In the 1970's I was into Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Lynard Skynard, Allman Brothers, Queen, Eagles, Boston, Seals and Croft, the outlaws - Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, David Allen Coe, along with America, and a band called Styx. It wasn't at the time but now Styx is my favorite band of the 1970's. Of course, the Eagles are right up there. I saw Styx in concert a couple of years ago and hope to get to see the Eagles on their latest reunion tour.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Paranoid – Black Sabbath
    Let it Be – the Beatles

Imagine – John Lennon
    Who’s Next – the Who

Pronounced… - Lynard Skynard
    Elvis - Aloha from Hawaii

Natty Dread – Bob Marley

Eagles - Greatest Hits 1971-1975
    Boston – Boston

Exodus – Bob Marley
    Animals – Pink Floyd

Van Halen – Van Halen

The Wall – Pink Floyd
    Highway to Hell – ACDC
    Added a couple of important ones for ya.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Since I was not alive for most of the 70s, I could use some help populating the following timeline:

Paranoid – Black Sabbath
    Let it Be – the Beatles

Imagine – John Lennon
    Who’s Next – the Who

Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath
    Eat A Peach-Allman Brothers
    Madman Across the Water-Elton John

Pronounced… - Lynard Skynard

Natty Dread – Bob Marley
    461 Ocean Blvd.-Eric Clapton

Boston – Boston
    Warren Zevon- Warren Zevon
    Wings at the Speed of Sound- Wings

Exodus – Bob Marley
    Animals – Pink Floyd
    Running on Empty- Jackson Browne

Van Halen – Van Halen
    Damn the Torpedos-Tom Petty

The Wall – Pink Floyd
    Highway to Hell – ACDC

I added a few in the years that seemed lacking. I'll let Homer Simpson tell you what I think of Styx http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLhbfS3YHp0
    Last edited by GonzoDawg; 12-01-2007 at 10:18 AM.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I've been getting into Alice Cooper...love some Eighteen

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

there aren't any a's in Lynyrd Skynyrd

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Waylon Jennings
    That's my great uncle!!! Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    there aren't any a's in Lynyrd Skynyrd
    You are right. My Dixie card should be revoked for forgetting that.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

I'll vote Floyd, although I really have no gripe with Zep winning.

I think you are missing some Bob Marley and Eric Clapton.

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    I'll vote Floyd, although I really have no gripe with Zep winning.

I think you are missing some Bob Marley and Eric Clapton.
    I have Exodus and Natty Dread from Marley on the list. You are right about Clapton.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Frampton Comes Alive!

+ Reply to Thread