+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SFA-Tech Home Opener

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: SFA-Tech Home Opener

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    So I missed the entire game, had to work and just got home to read the posts. I am a little confused: The Techsters won by 22 points, but it sounds like people are saying the game wasn't a good showing....fill those of us in who were unable to watch.

Yes, SFA did beat us last year (which was humiliating but that was last year) but SFA is weak this year and from the score it sounds like the Techsters put it to them, but then again, not knowing the details could be misleading.

Sounds like Pringle was amazing....
    We struggled some on offense. SFA was hot in the first half, but we finally built a good lead at half. We let them back in the game about mid-way through the second half. They pulled to within 5 points. We then turned on the burners again and put them away. Long did a great job of getting the Techsters back on track and focused.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at SFA's scores, I think they must have a pretty good defense - that explains our offensive woes. Even in their losses, they have held teams to around 65 points/game. We scored more on them than any team they have played this year.

Also, they have a FANTASTIC player in Carr. We did not have an answer for her in the second half. She is one great guard.

This says it all:
    Senior Sneed - 17 points and 10 rebounds
    SOPHMORE Pringle - 20 points with 6 tres.
    SOPHMORE Jones - 15 points
    SOPHMORE Dowdell - 11 points

and that is just the tip of the iceberg in our VERY young talent. We will sure miss Sneed next year, though. Meanwhile, we have a TON of talent that are in Long's first class - Sophmores now. The freshmen are just as impressive and next year we have already signed some top talent.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

SFA was much stronger this season than last year, we didn't look fluent out there last night, we were out of synch most of the night but alot of that is to the credit of SFA. They knew they had to keep the game chopped up to have a chance. 12-23 from the line won't get it done we have to shoot at least 17-23, I know that sounds picky but an extra five points wins alot of games.
    I saw some good things but one thing that I am sure Long is addressing while we have many scorers on the team everyone must know their role on the team and some players are much more useful distributing the ball to the scorers than trying to be the scorers themselves.
    We make so much mention about points that sometimes we forget someone has to get them the ball so that they can score.

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    SFA was much stronger this season than last year, we didn't look fluent out there last night, we were out of synch most of the night but alot of that is to the credit of SFA. They knew they had to keep the game chopped up to have a chance. 12-23 from the line won't get it done we have to shoot at least 17-23, I know that sounds picky but an extra five points wins alot of games.
    I saw some good things but one thing that I am sure Long is addressing while we have many scorers on the team everyone must know their role on the team and some players are much more useful distributing the ball to the scorers than trying to be the scorers themselves.
    We make so much mention about points that sometimes we forget someone has to get them the ball so that they can score.
    That is a great point and SO true!

We, also, need to work on Free Throws. We missed WAY too many last night. That will be very important on the road.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

FT shooting continues to be a major problem. If it is not corrected, and I mean team FT shooting, not just one or two players, then the Techsters will lose 3 or 4 games this year they otherwise played well enough to win. And that's huge!

I am still a volunteer coach for that 8th grade girls' team my daughter played for. Recently we lost the championship game of a tourney 46-40 with 2 of 20 FT shooting. Yes, I mean 10%! I would have been thrilled had we just shot a lousy 50%! We would have won.

It's all about focus. Players miss FTs because at the moment it is time to shoot them in a game they are not 100% focused on the mechanics of the shot. It also helps to visualize the shot just before you take it. Or, you can talk to yourself like Malone did, it worked for him!

Seriously, this is a huge concern. Starts with coaching, but ultimately it lies with each player. It's mental.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I just wanted to see Kara play.
    me too
    just messin with you
    ________
    ASS EBONY
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hachiman View Post
    I heard ag jr. was callin out people wearing LSU garb via dry erase board
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
    AG Jr was indeed doing that
    I am interested in the activities that occurred as it has come to my attention that the LSU shirt wearer is writing the Tech Talk. What happened, DrumDawg? What did you see/hear, Hachiman?

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

It got pretty tense there for about fifteen minutes; quite frankly. AG Jr. was doing his job; just wrote on the board "where do you think you are?" the student (who is a tech student) just did not get it. You could see by the look on his face; he saw nothing wrong with wearing LSU stuff; it did not compute; he kept saying; but i am a tech student. People that "get it" would simply say; hey man, i see your point, and would say my bad, or something

he just didnt get it. The AG Jr. pushed the point to help him get it. then unfortunately i had to work (I go in an official capacity after all); and the next thing i knew; AG Jr. had his head off; talking to the guy; and the guy had his dry erase marker; (there was no altercation, do not infer that).

In MY opinion; he was the equivalent of a flamer on this site; went to the game; got called out for wearing LSU stuff; and continued to fan the flame, instead of simply saying; hey, then give me a tech shirt to wear (AG Jr. had a bag full).

that is all i know

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

Hate to drag out ancient history here but in the late '50s a student couldn't even wear his High School letter jacket or sweater unless the emblem was removed or covered up. My, how times have changed!!!

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

Right on Olddawg.

I was there!!!

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
    It got pretty tense there for about fifteen minutes; quite frankly. AG Jr. was doing his job; just wrote on the board "where do you think you are?" the student (who is a tech student) just did not get it. You could see by the look on his face; he saw nothing wrong with wearing LSU stuff; it did not compute; he kept saying; but i am a tech student. People that "get it" would simply say; hey man, i see your point, and would say my bad, or something

he just didnt get it. The AG Jr. pushed the point to help him get it. then unfortunately i had to work (I go in an official capacity after all); and the next thing i knew; AG Jr. had his head off; talking to the guy; and the guy had his dry erase marker; (there was no altercation, do not infer that).

In MY opinion; he was the equivalent of a flamer on this site; went to the game; got called out for wearing LSU stuff; and continued to fan the flame, instead of simply saying; hey, then give me a tech shirt to wear (AG Jr. had a bag full).

that is all i know
    Yes, the guy kept claiming he was a Tech student, but the more he talked, the more I kept telling him I couldn't hear him over his ignorance. Apparently he took big offense when I wrote "Purple and Yellow is for Heaux-Meauxs", because after that, he had his girlfriend come down there to cuss me out, then went and complained to Leah, then came over to me with about 10 minutes left in the game REAKING of alcohol, and kept telling me I shouldn't "abuse my power to make fun of people" and I kept trying to tell him that he really didn't need to be as close as he was to me, otherwise people really WOULD think he was a heaux meaux. He then asked if I wanted him to leave, and I told him, "As long as you are wearing that filthy rag, I most certainly DO want you to leave." About 2 minutes later, he did .

Apparently, his girlfriend has started a hate-group on facebook (if any of you know what that is) and is trying to get the GSA on their side.
    Last edited by AG_jr; 12-02-2007 at 11:35 PM. Reason: New info

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan View Post
    Hate to drag out ancient history here but in the late '50s a student couldn't even wear his High School letter jacket or sweater unless the emblem was removed or covered up. My, how times have changed!!!
    I am doing my best to bring Tech back to the good 'ole days. Ever since I started my "I'm on a mission" thread, many people have joined in the fight, especially a lot of athletes.

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I am interested in the activities that occurred as it has come to my attention that the LSU shirt wearer is writing the Tech Talk. What happened, DrumDawg? What did you see/hear, Hachiman?
    I wasn't there, just heard from someone who was.

I guess the person wearing the lsu garb is going to state that lsu is not our rival in wbb either.......

I hope he/she DOES write an article in the Tech Talk. It is time that all of this is confronted head on. It is disrespectful for a Tech student to diss their own team in our own place.

+ Reply to Thread