View Poll Results: Worst End of the season loss?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2006 - NM State

18 21.69%
  • 2007 - Nevada

65 78.31%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loss that Hurts the most

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Loss that Hurts the most

So this has been a very sour note to end the season, but in honor of Tennessee Dawg I thought I would offer a poll.

Which end of the season loss hurt the most?

2006 - At NM State after a pathetic year and pathetic Fresno State game in Ruston in which our FANS failed to show up for a nationally televised game.

2007 - After a promising year at Nevada in which our PLAYERS failed to show up and we get killed.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Loss that Hurts the most

It's hard to pass up on a poll! Current pain always hurts more. But I think in this case the hopes of what could have continued with one more game and the extra practices for the new staff hurts that much more.

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

It's a tale of two different years where I think that we were actually playing for something we haven't experienced in such a long time ... a BOWL GAME. I am so much still a fan, and I would hope our fan base expands on what Coach Dooley has started this year. I can't wait to see how his first real class of recruits respond to come their turn at a season of Tech football.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Where is Rice 2003?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metrydawg View Post
    It's a tale of two different years where I think that we were actually playing for something we haven't experienced in such a long time ... a BOWL GAME. I am so much still a fan, and I would hope our fan base expands on what Coach Dooley has started this year. I can't wait to see how his first real class of recruits respond to come their turn at a season of Tech football.
    It would be easier to expand and grow from this year if everyone would stop acting like this loss is the end of Tech football. If we acknowledge the negatives, while promoting the positives from this season in comparison to the past, and lay out a solid future (since the foundation has been set), Tech WILL succeed.

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice

Auburn 1990, Thats how it used to be at Tech.

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

It's not the end of Tech football, I only said this year we had something to shoot for this year, and that was a bowl game. We didn't have a chance at nothing at the end of last year. Bic was on short time after last years embarassing homecoming game loss versus a pathetic Idaho team. I've always said this was better football than we use to have in only Dooley's first year. To come out and play the way we did was most disturbing and pathetic. We finally have a foundation that will only grow with the program Coach Dooley is installing here, but we will not really see it till his class takes over from Bic's old ones which are still here. GO DAWGS!!!

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I lost my virginity to a really ugly chick..that is the one loss that truly hurts the most! Other than that I think it is the loss to Hawaii this year. I was there and I still haven't fully recovered and I don't really know if I ever will. It's one of those evolution of a true fan type things.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice

I believe Bicknell beat Alabama in his first year as head coach!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG28 View Post
    Auburn 1990, Thats how it used to be at Tech.
    My first road game I ever traveled to. Good times. I thought we had that one.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG28 View Post
    I believe Bicknell beat Alabama in his first year as head coach!
    Please. I'll give you more credit for that win than Bicknell and you were already gone!!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

What about Stephen F Austin a few years ago.
    Last edited by detltu; 12-02-2007 at 05:01 PM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

2006 NMSU game ...........really nothing at stake but our pride.

2007 Nevada game.........with our first potential bowl appearance since 2001 on the line.

Which game do YOU think hurts the most?

HD

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Rice 2003. By far the most agonizing loss I've ever witnessed.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NashVegasRabidK9 View Post
    Rice 2003. By far the most agonizing loss I've ever witnessed.
    Absolutely. That was totally demoralizing!

+ Reply to Thread