+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lady Techsters vs Alabama

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Lady Techsters vs Alabama

We have a chance to put another crack in the SEC armor with this game after Western Kentucky beat UK at Rupp it is looking like there is alot of parity among teams throughout the country.
    We should win this game and should be heavily favored to win this game seeing as how they have dropped games to Samford, Arkansas State, Eastern Michigan and Belmont with their wins comming over Washington State and Tennessee Tech.
    This is yet another bench mark for our ladies, we have to be able to go on the road and have the confidence that we can win and play well no matter where or who it is we are playing.
    It sounds as though we are getting back to full strength now that Dixon is back and Sidney should be sneaking through the door soon. Sierra gives us some more height to throw at people and should contribute offensively as well. I know that we all want Kara to get some playing time but I have a feeling that she is working hard to learn the system as best she can and I can definately understand her wanting more practice time to get everything down before being thrown into the game. She will be a great help when she is ready to go but I guessing it isn't as much about Chris not wanting to play her immediately as it is her not being ready to hit the floor yet and if he throws her into the mix too soon it could cause a drop in confidence because she could possibly feel she doesn't fit into the scheme and is causing a lack of team chemistry.
    This should be a great week of Lady Techsters Basketball first up Alabama.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Lady Techsters vs Alabama

Good post. I agree that this will be a good test for us. If we win this one, it will give us some momentum going into the game on Saturday (which will present an even bigger challenge). Get past these two and we have the confidence to carry us into the lsu game.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I know that we all want Kara to get some playing time but I have a feeling that she is working hard to learn the system as best she can and I can definately understand her wanting more practice time to get everything down before being thrown into the game. She will be a great help when she is ready to go but I guessing it isn't as much about Chris not wanting to play her immediately as it is her not being ready to hit the floor yet and if he throws her into the mix too soon it could cause a drop in confidence because she could possibly feel she doesn't fit into the scheme and is causing a lack of team chemistry.
    You're saying she doesn't want to play yet?

Did you see how bad Memphis got beat the other night?
    ________
    Deposit Insurance Advice
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

The Techsters should win against Alabama. Alabama is a very weak team this year, and a strong showing against them on the road would do a lot to increase confidence. This should be a gimme.

I'm looking forward to seeing Stewart play after hearing so much about her on this board.

Also, looking at ULM and LSU....ULM could still be a good game this year, meaning, they are as strong as last year, but Tech should win easily in that game, and LSU is showing some signs of weakness, so who knows what could happen in the next two weeks? Could be very interesting.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    The Techsters should win against Alabama. Alabama is a very weak team this year, and a strong showing against them on the road would do a lot to increase confidence. This should be a gimme.

I'm looking forward to seeing Stewart play after hearing so much about her on this board.

Also, looking at ULM and LSU....ULM could still be a good game this year, meaning, they are as strong as last year, but Tech should win easily in that game, and LSU is showing some signs of weakness, so who knows what could happen in the next two weeks? Could be very interesting.
    Good points and I agree, but I don't consider any game a gimme. The last 4 years have made me feel like anything can happen - especially on the road. A win against Alabama would go a long way to give this team confidence and help me emotionally.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

If we don't beat the crap out of Alabama I will be shocked. Then again I thought we would beat Memphis by at least 20. Seriously though, I think we should easily beat them. They were beating TN Tech 26-12 at half and they ended up winning by 6. I feel that we should have no problem with Alabama.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I am sure that Kara wants to play but that doesn't translate into being ready to contribute and play. She is basically entering her third week and I am sure she has alot to grasp as far as different sets and defense skills. She will be a great asset if she get settled into the system.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I don't think winning against any SEC team on the road is easy. We are going to have to be sharp.

Varsity Bulldog dogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the rough dogtrooper's Avatar

i don't know about that buzdawg, i think the attendance at alabama the last time we played there was somewhere around 500. not saying we can get by with sloppy play, but i don't think being at an sec school is going to have much to do with the outcome.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I think we are a better team based on their play so far, but you have to figure they have some talent. Maybe they haven't gelled yet or something. I am just saying we better play well because I am making an assumption they have some SEC level talent. Isn't Nell Fortner their coach?

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Nell is at Auburn. We should beat Alabama, SEC has nothing to do with it. They are not a good team.

Puppy BlueHillbilly is an unknown

I think Stephanie Smith will be gone at Alabama at the end of the year. She has not got along very well with the upper brass at Bama.

Sometimes the grass is not greener on the other side.

Glad we have Rick Insell at Middle Tennessee.

Best of luck. Hope ya'll tear them a new one.

Don't you guys have an assistant who is a former star from the Crimson Tide ?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHillbilly View Post
    I think Stephanie Smith will be gone at Alabama at the end of the year. She has not got along very well with the upper brass at Bama.

Sometimes the grass is not greener on the other side.

Glad we have Rick Insell at Middle Tennessee.

Best of luck. Hope ya'll tear them a new one.

Don't you guys have an assistant who is a former star from the Crimson Tide ?
    Yes, Joni Crenshaw is our Associate Head Coach.

http://www.rolltide.com/ViewArticle....ATCLID=1345744

Sounds like Alabama's strength is their defense. We need to throw as many offensive weapons at them as we can. They force turnovers and have outrebounded their opponents by an average of 10 a game.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

If we can just get Pringle to go off again, we'll be fine. Isn't she from Alabama? Maybe she has a bone to pick with the Crimson that will spark some revenge.

+ Reply to Thread