View Poll Results: Who's the best drummer?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lars Ulrich (Metallica)

5 8.33%
  • Danny Carey (Tool)

7 11.67%
  • John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)

12 20.00%
  • Neil Peart (Rush)

26 43.33%
  • Charlie Watts (The Rolling Stones)

1 1.67%
  • Keith Moon (The Who)

9 15.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Who's the best drummer?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Re: Who's the best drummer?

speaking of stewart copeland, i was just listening to "walking on the moon" today. i love what he does there.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Anyone have an opinion on the Tama Imperialstar line for a beginner (that wouldn't want to be upgrading shells for at least 5 years)? This set looks promising:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--TAMIS52C12
    Well, I ended up getting this kit a little over a year ago. Haven't had too much time for practice since I usually get home around 9, but I usually can squeeze in at least 15 minutes a day. The Meinl cymbals that came with the kit were functional, but were very dead. I have gradually upgraded to:

14" Paiste signature sound edge hats
    21" Paiste signature dry heavy ride
    18" Paiste signature full crash
    18" Paiste 2002 Novo china

Still want to add a 10" Paiste dark energy splash and one more crash.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Hands down, the two best drummers of all time..... Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ5B7...eature=related

and notice that they are both playing on 4-piece sets..

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Hands down, the two best drummers of all time..... Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ5B7...eature=related

and notice that they are both playing on 4-piece sets..
    Agreed

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

And I will say, out of the more modern drummers, Carter Beauford is amazing.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Well, I ended up getting this kit a little over a year ago. Haven't had too much time for practice since I usually get home around 9, but I usually can squeeze in at least 15 minutes a day. The Meinl cymbals that came with the kit were functional, but were very dead. I have gradually upgraded to:

spent some cake on cymbals didn't you? Nice.

I use a mix of Sabian/Wuhan/Zildjian

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Carter Beauford (Dave Matthews Band, Drummer) can play funk, jazz, or rock.

Got to put DrumDawg up there

I was going to add him too. Dude is crazy awesome.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    spent some cake on cymbals didn't you? Nice.

I use a mix of Sabian/Wuhan/Zildjian
    Shopped around to get the best deals, but it is still some expensive metal.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Shopped around to get the best deals, but it is still some expensive metal.
    if you ever need assistance, the company that use to outfit me when I was playing professionally was The Woodwind and The Brasswind...great company and great service. They are in South Bend, IN.

Ended up adding a 19" signature power crash, a 19" Dark Energy crash, and 8" and 10" Dark Energy splashes. Just stuck with Paiste all around because it is easier to match stuff. Cymbals sound great; drummer - not so much, but still practicing. Lately, have been practicing to some Deftones stuff from White Pony (like Change in the House of Flies). My ears tricked me into thinking that it would be within my ability to play the song, but it turns out that it is still outside my ability to play it right - I have a hard enough time counting it. :bigcry:

On the subject of equipment - I just added a double bass pedal, courtesy of a very understanding and supportive wife in celebration of our 11th anniversary. It is still a bit of a novelty, and I have no business using it yet, but it is something else fun to play with and distract me from a more disciplined practice.

Over the past year I have also become more interested in assembling a minimal jazz setup - 4 piece drums, ride, hihats and crash. Thinking about going with K Customs - dry light ride, dark hats and dark crash. My entry level Tama set should be fine (just take away the middle tom), but at some point I might want to upgrade my snare to something more dynamic.

If I would have just stuck with the idea of buying an electronic kit, I could have saved alot of money. Thanks for talking me out of it.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread