+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Name a crappy band from the 90s (or defend one that others call bad)

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Name a crappy band from the 90s (or defend one that others call bad)

Hootie and the Blowfish was AWFUL.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Re: Name a crappy band from the 90s (or defend one that others call bad)

Hansen.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Goo Goo Dolls.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

New Radicals
    Blind Melon
    Hole

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    Goo Goo Dolls.
    Sorry, I gotta defend GGD. One of the best bands ever.

Creed
    Seven Mary Three
    Eve 6

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    Sorry, I gotta defend GGD. One of the best bands ever.
    Seriously?

Barenaked Ladies

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Hootie and the Blowfish was AWFUL.
    Already defended that one. Why do you think they are awful? I would bet the word popular is the center of your argument. Maybe soft rock is the center of your argument. Don't compare H&tB to Nirvana, they aren't anything alike. They are good soft rock though. It's really fun to play Hootie songs on the guitar and sing along, but they will never be on Guitar Hero.

I listen to music different than most people. I'm not an iPod music listener. I buy albums and not songs. Put H&tB in your CD player and drive to Baton Rouge and if you like that kind of music, you appreciate the album. That's why Jimmy Eat World is not as popular as they should be. In the 90's, people appreciated a great ALBUM, so they appreciated H&tB. Jimmy Eat World may not have the best songs, but a great stinking album. They just don't fit into the iPod generation of today.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Barenaked Ladies
    Do you not like individuality? Seriously, BNL had a great sound.

What do you have against these bands?

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    Already defended that one. Why do you think they are awful? I would bet the word popular is the center of your argument. Maybe soft rock is the center of your argument. Don't compare H&tB to Nirvana, they aren't anything alike. They are good soft rock though. It's really fun to play Hootie songs on the guitar and sing along, but they will never be on Guitar Hero.

I listen to music different than most people. I'm not an iPod music listener. I buy albums and not songs. Put H&tB in your CD player and drive to Baton Rouge and if you like that kind of music, you appreciate the album. That's why Jimmy Eat World is not as popular as they should be. In the 90's, people appreciated a great ALBUM, so they appreciated H&tB. Jimmy Eat World may not have the best songs, but a great stinking album. They just don't fit into the iPod generation of today.
    Popular never defines what I consider good or awful. Although, a song that sucks AND is way overplayed (because it is popular I suppose) makes it that much more grating.

I don't have a problem with "soft rock" either, but that might be closer. Hootie just sounds run-of-the-mill.

I wouldn't consider myself a "song-by-song" person, although I can appreciate a well-done piece for radio play. I'd much rather listen to a CD (on my ipod or not) all of the way through. But I think I might punch a crack in my rearview window if I ever hear Hootie again while on the road.

Creed
    Seven Mary Three
    Eve 6
    Gotta defend Eve 6 and creed as well.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Seven Mary Three
    I liked 7 mary 3.

What's so awful about them?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

This is the music snob, anti-popularity list.

In that vein, I hate Creed and the Goo Goo Dolls. Further, I can't stand Billy Corgan's voice, so, I'm not a fan of the "Pumkins".
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Limp Bizkit. Never bought into the horrible rap/rock phase.

+ Reply to Thread