+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Name a crappy band from the 90s (or defend one that others call bad)

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Re: Name a crappy band from the 90s (or defend one that others call bad)

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    Godsmack.

I bought in at the very beginning. I bought the cd. I listened for a while. After a short period of time, I realized that it was horrible. I think when you purchase an album and you go from "this is great" to "this is literally awful" you know a band is crappy.
    Godsmack is in Temple (Texas) tonight. Something like the "Mad Chaos" tour with a couple of other groups. I'm staying home.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    You obviously have an anti-Christian sentiment. dcTalk was a groundbreaking Christian band that was far ahead of its time in the early to mid 90s. The band evolved with each album and peaked with Supernatural. I would have loved to have seen what came next.
    Check out Toby Mac, I believe that he was the singer for dcTalk.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I blame it on the war on drugs. More drugs = better music.
    question is, does it affect the creation of "good" music or does it affect the way good or bad music is processed by the listener. I will agree that it does seem that the 70's and 80's produced unequalled quality in music. I will also argue that I have always enjoyed bands like Pink Floyd or others without the affects of drugs in my system. Not going to venture a guess as to what may have been the source of their inspiration or other bands from that time.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Limp bizket sure deserves to get thrown off a cliff. Man I so wanted to beat those guys up in highschool.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Limp bizket sure deserves to get thrown off a cliff. Man I so wanted to beat those guys up in highschool.
    Their first 2 albums were legit. I don't care what you say.

Especially '$3 Bill Ya'll'

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Their first 2 albums were legit. I don't care what you say.

Especially '$3 Bill Ya'll'
    This. Take Fred Durst out of the equation, and you have one HELL of a good band.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    This. Take Fred Durst out of the equation, and you have one HELL of a good band.
    I actually didn't mind Fred on those two albums. He had a unique voice that worked well with that band. After the "Chocolate Starfish..." album, he kinda got too big for his britches.

$3 Bill Ya'll was a fantastic album.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Check out Toby Mac, I believe that he was the singer for dcTalk.
    dcTalk was a trio of singers -- Michael Tait, Kevin Max and Toby Mac. Michael Tait is now the lead singer of newsboys. Kevin Max's solo career never took off. And Toby Mac, who was utlized less and less as dcTalk became more pop/rock and less rap, has had the most successful career of the three. They all had distinct styles and, in my opinion, meshed very well. Despite Guisslapp's aversion to the group, I still believe dcTalk is the greatest Christian group of all time.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I actually didn't mind Fred on those two albums. He had a unique voice that worked well with that band. After the "Chocolate Starfish..." album, he kinda got too big for his britches.

$3 Bill Ya'll was a fantastic album.
    I stand corrected. I agree, I guess I was just mainly referencing his public persona. That got old in a hurry. Good front man though, but every bit of the "rock star" that Axl Rose is/was.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Michael Tait is now the lead singer of newsboys.
    really? the newsboys are still around? i always liked micheal's voice, but his solo album was not worth the hour i spent listening to the tracks off of napster.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Never been much of a Newsboys fan. Have always LOVED DC Talk though.

Newsboys ended WinterJam last year with this song. Audio is horrible, but it's pretty cool live.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Saw newsboys not too long ago with Jars of Clay, one of my favorite bands ever. I'll say that newsboys puts on one hell of a show.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Varsity Bulldog tech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of light tech_dawg_fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    I couldn't agree more! Wes Boreland (guitarist with all the weird makeup and shit) and the bassist Sam Rivers are actually REALLY talented musicians just Durst is a total D-bag

+ Reply to Thread