+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Your Heisman Ballot

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Your Heisman Ballot

Not that I really care about the stoooopid Hypesman Trophy, but I think it'll end up this way tonite:

1. Tebow
    2. McFadden
    3. Daniels
    4. Brennen

I would definitely put Brennen ahead of Daniels, but I think the "big-school" bias will get Daniels a few more votes.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    When did I knock his passing ability? Gimme touchdowns like when Florida played LSU, was inside the 5 and went to the 5 wide formation. LSU gets in a 3 down lineman defense to stop him. That is a gimme touchdown. As much as people knock Colt and his system it goes both ways against Tebow. His system encourages him to put up numbers much like Colt's does. BTW I never said McFadden deserves the Heisman. As much as I like him he is the one of the 4 I think is least deserving.
    Exactly, your example proves how hard it is to defense the guy. He can torch you through the air or on the ground. You load up the box and he beats you with his arm, you cover every WR and you give him running lanes. Most QBs dont demand that respect.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Brennan was third. Go WAC!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Exactly, your example proves how hard it is to defense the guy. He can torch you through the air or on the ground. You load up the box and he beats you with his arm, you cover every WR and you give him running lanes. Most QBs dont demand that respect.
    False. Any time a team lines up with 5 WR's the D-line gets thin. Most coaches however have enough confidence in their RB's to run the ball in from 5 yards out or have their QB throw it from 5 yards out. Tebow won the Heisman and he deserved it. However, anyone who says that he is special because of the type of play that was outlined by Juice is disillusioned. Tebow is great because he is a QB first, that can run the ball. He will have to tone down his running over the next two years or he wont last though. Injuries began to catch up with him towards the end of the season, inflating his passing numbers and winning him the Heisman. Like I said, he deserved it. I personally think that barring any injury, Tebow will be the first player to ever win it three times.

"T"

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by "T" View Post
    False. Any time a team lines up with 5 WR's the D-line gets thin. Most coaches however have enough confidence in their RB's to run the ball in from 5 yards out or have their QB throw it from 5 yards out. Tebow won the Heisman and he deserved it. However, anyone who says that he is special because of the type of play that was outlined by Juice is disillusioned. Tebow is great because he is a QB first, that can run the ball. He will have to tone down his running over the next two years or he wont last though. Injuries began to catch up with him towards the end of the season, inflating his passing numbers and winning him the Heisman. Like I said, he deserved it. I personally think that barring any injury, Tebow will be the first player to ever win it three times.

"T"
    Isnt that exactly the point? he is a QB who can run the ball. You have to have enough guys to cover the 5 wide because he can toss it. If you choose to sell out to the pass (6 or 7 men in coverage), Tebow walks in easily. If you choose to leave the extra two guys in the middle to spy Tebow(sell out the run), he will throw the ball. I am not understanding what you are trying to say, but I do agree the man deserved the Heisman. This most certainly proves how good he is at both because if it was easy as walking in as Juice says it is, then every team would run 5 wide at the goal.

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

"T"
    you say Tebow deserved it, but in your 1st post in this thread you had him 4th on your ballot....

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Wishful... or spiteful thinking anyway. That's just where I would have voted him to ensure that I did as much on my ballot, if I had a Heisman ballot, to ensure that McFadden won. If you look at numbers and performance, Tebow has the stats. I do think D-Mack will do the same exact thing that Adrian Peterson is doing in the NFL this year after finishing as the Heisman runner up. That is the reasoning behind why I ranked Tebow #4. Trust me I am not a Tebow homer like 95% of the country. And I'm not on a bandwaggon either. I'll watch as it rolls on by and comment on how good it looks, but I won't be hopping on. Tebow is a great athlete and an awesome human being. I still thing McFadden should have won.

"T"

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Isnt that exactly the point? he is a QB who can run the ball. You have to have enough guys to cover the 5 wide because he can toss it. If you choose to sell out to the pass (6 or 7 men in coverage), Tebow walks in easily. If you choose to leave the extra two guys in the middle to spy Tebow(sell out the run), he will throw the ball. I am not understanding what you are trying to say, but I do agree the man deserved the Heisman. This most certainly proves how good he is at both because if it was easy as walking in as Juice says it is, then every team would run 5 wide at the goal.
    I don't think that most coaches have 1) enough faith in their offensive line to block three down lineman and 2) the testicular fortitude to break away from the conventional goal line style of offense.

I think that about 80% of all college QB's could run from 5 yards out if there were 3 down linemen or throw for a score if all 5 of their wide outs were not covered.

I don't think it is a question of QB ability as much as it is of a coaches mentality. That's why Florida went so aggressively after Urban Myer. IMO

"T"

I don't think that most coaches have 1) enough faith in their offensive line to block three down lineman and 2) the testicular fortitude to break away from the conventional goal line style of offense.

I think that about 80% of all college QB's could run from 5 yards out if there were 3 down linemen or throw for a score if all 5 of their wide outs were not covered.

I don't think it is a question of QB ability as much as it is of a coaches mentality. That's why Florida went so aggressively after Urban Myer. IMO

"T"
    So, you are telling me that this could be easily done, but too many coaches have the wrong mentality? This makes no sense. If it were as easy as waltzing into the end zone as you make it out to be, then it would have been done by many coaches. It is all about Tebow's unique gifts, and not just about the play. If it were just about the play, believe me, it would have been duped by now. Tebow's ability allows them to run these plays that look so easy.

Wishful... or spiteful thinking anyway. That's just where I would have voted him to ensure that I did as much on my ballot, if I had a Heisman ballot, to ensure that McFadden won. If you look at numbers and performance, Tebow has the stats. I do think D-Mack will do the same exact thing that Adrian Peterson is doing in the NFL this year after finishing as the Heisman runner up. That is the reasoning behind why I ranked Tebow #4. Trust me I am not a Tebow homer like 95% of the country. And I'm not on a bandwaggon either. I'll watch as it rolls on by and comment on how good it looks, but I won't be hopping on. Tebow is a great athlete and an awesome human being. I still thing McFadden should have won.

"T"
    McFadden had two great games that boosted his stats up. If he wouldnt have had the huge game against LSU, he wouldnt have even been considered as the Heisman. There was very little talk of him winning the Heisman until he had the huge game against LSU.

The Heisman is not just about who has the most NFL potential or who has the greatest ability, it is about who had the best year. Tebow did, hands down. D-Mack might do the same thing Peterson is doing this year, but what in the hell does that have to do with winning the Heisman?

I am no Tebow homer, as you say, but the man accounted for 51 TDs in the toughest conference in the nation and did it consistently. He didnt do it in 2 or 3 games like McFadden.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

"T"

You just dont get it do you. It has nothing to do with being a Tebow homer, it is called being an educated football fan and realizing Tebow IS the BEST player in college football this year. That is what the Heisman is based on...........THIS YEAR. There is no denying DMc is a bad ass and is going to torch the pro's, but he wasnt better than Tebow this year. Also, your argument about Tebow's goaline offense is just ridiculous. Trust me if it were just that easy dont you think Dooley would have spread on the 2 point vs. Hawaii and let Champion run it in??????????? Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    You just dont get it do you. It has nothing to do with being a Tebow homer, it is called being an educated football fan and realizing Tebow IS the BEST player in college football this year. That is what the Heisman is based on...........THIS YEAR. There is no denying DMc is a bad ass and is going to torch the pro's, but he wasnt better than Tebow this year. Also, your argument about Tebow's goaline offense is just ridiculous. Trust me if it were just that easy dont you think Dooley would have spread on the 2 point vs. Hawaii and let Champion run it in??????????? Give me a break.
    No Red, Champion falls in that 20 percent range that couldnt get it done or Dooley doesnt have the right mentality.

Seriously "T", that post is probably one of the worst I have ever read about football. You are basically telling me that given all else equal, 80 percent of the QBs in the nation could do the same thing Tebow did in Florida's offense. I say you are crazy.

Chris Leak did it.

"T"

And like I said, the numbers are there for Tebow. I personally wanted D-Mc to win, but Tebow has the numbers.

I also think that Tebow will not last two more seasons without some sort of significant injury with as many rushing attempts as he has had in the past two years. If he cuts his rushing attempts slightly, he will last physically and win the Heisman two more times, like I said above.

"T"

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Chris Leak did it.
    just stop, t. stop. chris leak didn't do anything like tebow has done. there's a reason tebow was brought into the game last year as a frosh.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread