+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Thumbs Up

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Two Thumbs Up

Since there's a thread of what novies not to see, about time we had one for what movies to see.

I'll start by saying Sherlock Holmes. It's always been my theory that Robert Downey Jr could have been one of the greatest of our time, if he wouldn't had screwed himself up. When he stays clean, his work is superb (great performaces all around really). It has only few moments where you wish they would get on with it already, but overall good movie to see fo a night out. Just wished they would have made mire where you (the viewer) was solving the case right along with him, but knew that would be too much to ask considering the general audience.

The Iron Man 2 trailer is worth it alone, haha. And that movie will be worth seeing just to see Scarlett Johansson runninG around in black leather...

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Two Thumbs Up

Did not care for Sherlock Holmes. Thought RDJ's portrayal of Sherlock was great, though. Actually, I liked most of the characters, just wished they would have picked a better mystery.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Inglourious Basterds. Quintessential Tarantino, so don't bother seeing it if you do not like his films.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Did not care for Sherlock Holmes. Thought RDJ's portrayal of Sherlock was great, though. Actually, I liked most of the characters, just wished they would have picked a better mystery.
    It was an obvious setup for more movies to come. I think it was a great intro and feeler considering most people now-a-days only knownthe name Sherlock Holmes, if that. Later installments should be better, especially as Moriarty comes out of the shadows and they have Holmes take on more Inyerestn mysteries. At least, this I what I hope. I love the Holmes series by Doyle and the spin-offs have been good too.
    RDJ and Jude Law were great picks. Wasn't into Rachel McAdams too much, though, she was okay.
    Inglourious Basterds. Quintessential Tarantino, so don't bother seeing it if you do not like his films.
    Yes, yea, yes. I'm usually a sticker for historical movies, but this wasn't meant to be a history story of any kind. The final scene in the theatre is pure greatness. A must see and own.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Tarantino is hit or miss for me. Pulp Fiction and Grindhouses-great. From Dusk Til Dawn and Hostel-two of the top 5 worst movies I have ever seen. He is volatile, but I will take a chance since it could have huge upside for me.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I thought Sherlock kind of sucked. Jude Law was awesome as Watson though, and I usually hate Jude Law.

Go watch Avatar. In 3D. Its not that great of a movie but its an incredible visual experience.

Pure 80's American macho classics:
    Top Gun
    Iron Eagle
    Red Dawn
    Rambo

From Paris with Love

Go see it. Has some strong language, but you can get pass that. Travolta is really good playing a psycho operative. And Rhys-Meyers very complimentary. Can't get pass him in the Tudors series on HBO, so it he was hilarious to me in this. Car chase scene is a testament to precision driving.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I just watched an amazing movie, Temple Grandin. It is an HBO movie based on true life. It is about an autistic person who overcomes much to achieve some great things. The movie attempts show how she sees the world and how it made her able to do some things in ingenious ways. Sort of a Forest Gump without the comedy and a some insight into how the mind of an autistic person works.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

From Paris with Love

Shoot. Kill. F*** asking questions later.

waiting for (A) the DVD and (B) the sequel
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    From Paris with Love

Shoot. Kill. F*** asking questions later.

waiting for (A) the DVD and (B) the sequel
    Yep, yep, yep.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Yep, yep, yep.
    Dude! It was awesome. Imagonnasee it again in the theater AND buy it on DVD.
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Since there's a thread of what novies not to see, about time we had one for what movies to see.

I'll start by saying Sherlock Holmes. It's always been my theory that Robert Downey Jr could have been one of the greatest of our time, if he wouldn't had screwed himself up. When he stays clean, his work is superb (great performaces all around really). It has only few moments where you wish they would get on with it already, but overall good movie to see fo a night out. Just wished they would have made mire where you (the viewer) was solving the case right along with him, but knew that would be too much to ask considering the general audience.

The Iron Man 2 trailer is worth it alone, haha. And that movie will be worth seeing just to see Scarlett Johansson runninG around in black leather...
    I agree about Robert Downey Jr. He's always been one of my favorite actors.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I just watched an amazing movie, Temple Grandin. It is an HBO movie based on true life. It is about an autistic person who overcomes much to achieve some great things. The movie attempts show how she sees the world and how it made her able to do some things in ingenious ways. Sort of a Forest Gump without the comedy and a some insight into how the mind of an autistic person works.
    We have been to seminars on autism where Temple Grandin was a featured speaker. Her life story is amazing.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Hot Tub Time Machine.

Not epic, but quite lol-worthy.

+ Reply to Thread