+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 326 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 4886

Thread: What are you listening to Today?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: What are you listening to Today?

RIP Burt Bacharach

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

smackover native sleepy labeef

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I think I adore this woman.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Fiddler on the Roof - To Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhdlKgAakHw

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Fiddler on the Roof - To Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhdlKgAakHw
    rip chaim topol

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

A real oldie I Remember You , Frank Ifield , 1962

https://www.google.com/search?q=i+re...id:cQF-VsbMfDA
    WWDog
    La Tech

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Indiara Sfair and Tiago Juk - Simbiose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1F_eQkOfvU

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Indiara Sfair and Tiago Juk - Simbiose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1F_eQkOfvU
    I really enjoyed that!

Good find.

Added a couple more.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post

For Thursday:

For Friday:

For Saturday:

For Sunday!

George Harrison - Cheer Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI4xzwvaTWU
    WWDog
    La Tech

Getting back to the REALLY old original direction of this thread (remember how this started, as a "radio sucks, how do y'all find music" thread) - one interesting way I've been exploring lately for finding new music is Every Noise at Once. It's the spotify genre distinctions all mapped out, and there is a ton here. You can look to see what genres they use to classify your favorite artists to see who else they put in that bucket, you could look at a genre itself, you can find playlists (through some of the offshoot websites) based on what people are listening to in certain cities, genres based on locations, schools, sound based genres, mixes, etc.

I have mixed feelings about genre classifications. They're always weird and arbitrary and often inaccurate or unhelpful. Sometimes they conflate things that aren't what I'm most interested (or disinterested) in. It looks like a lot of these are regional or topical as much as they are about the sounds or styles of the music. They're also sooooooo niche these days in service of the algorithms (and the sheer amount of music available) that it's almost comical (some of these, come on - "stomp and flutter" is one I actually like, but what a silly name). But this is an interesting way to sort of browse around and see what's out there (just like we used to maybe flip through the cds in the rock/rap/pop/ccm bins at an actual record store).

People listen to music in lots of different ways (and find music in lots of different ways). I think that's kind of cool. Lotta nerds around here that get into data and hair-splitting and over-categorizing things, so maybe some of y'all will also enjoy poking around on these sites. If so - enjoy!

I actually ended up finding this because (based on the ways I already listened to music) I always end up with what seems like a crazy number of genres on my spotify wrapped reports every year, even before I was sampling lots of styles on purpose and one year I googled around to see how there could even be that many genres (because I couldn't imagine how there were so many, much less that I'd listened to them). Found an interview with the guy in charge of this and started looking around over time.

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    at the Berry Center in Cypress at the Music Builds Tour

Switchfoot
    Jars of Clay
    Third Day
    Robert Randolph Band
    how did i miss this the first time around? i discovered robert randolph a couple of years after you posted this. love that sacred steel.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    doc watson mentions them on the nitty gritt dirt band's will the circle be unbroken album right before they start playing "down yonder":

i just now got around to looking them up (first i had to convince myself that i was hearing it right).
    looks like someone finally uploaded the original to youtube a few months after i posted this.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Getting back to the REALLY old original direction of this thread (remember how this started, as a "radio sucks, how do y'all find music" thread) - one interesting way I've been exploring lately for finding new music is Every Noise at Once. It's the spotify genre distinctions all mapped out, and there is a ton here. You can look to see what genres they use to classify your favorite artists to see who else they put in that bucket, you could look at a genre itself, you can find playlists (through some of the offshoot websites) based on what people are listening to in certain cities, genres based on locations, schools, sound based genres, mixes, etc.

I have mixed feelings about genre classifications. They're always weird and arbitrary and often inaccurate or unhelpful. Sometimes they conflate things that aren't what I'm most interested (or disinterested) in. It looks like a lot of these are regional or topical as much as they are about the sounds or styles of the music. They're also sooooooo niche these days in service of the algorithms (and the sheer amount of music available) that it's almost comical (some of these, come on - "stomp and flutter" is one I actually like, but what a silly name). But this is an interesting way to sort of browse around and see what's out there (just like we used to maybe flip through the cds in the rock/rap/pop/ccm bins at an actual record store).

People listen to music in lots of different ways (and find music in lots of different ways). I think that's kind of cool. Lotta nerds around here that get into data and hair-splitting and over-categorizing things, so maybe some of y'all will also enjoy poking around on these sites. If so - enjoy!

I actually ended up finding this because (based on the ways I already listened to music) I always end up with what seems like a crazy number of genres on my spotify wrapped reports every year, even before I was sampling lots of styles on purpose and one year I googled around to see how there could even be that many genres (because I couldn't imagine how there were so many, much less that I'd listened to them). Found an interview with the guy in charge of this and started looking around over time.
    i just spent way too much time nostalgia-scrolling this thread thanks to this post. i won't be able to get back the time i wasted, but i do think i found the last time guisslapp and i agreed on something, so there's that...

+ Reply to Thread