+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 326 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 4886

Thread: What are you listening to Today?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: What are you listening to Today?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Only band I have seen more than Caedmon’s Call is Jars of Clay. Nice pick here!
    My Calm/Your Storm ftw. Wish it was streaming (because I can't find my cd).

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

We have a big live oak that spreads over our driveway. At about the 5 second point of this song the little drum loop thing sounds just like acorns raining on the roof of the car (not sure if this will translate over computer or phone speakers). First time we listened to this in the car we thought "wow, must have been a gust of wind" but after the second or third it started getting suspicious (especially when we weren't in the driveway, not many acorns falling on the interstate). Once we figured out what was happening, it became a running thing. The kids and I always joke about the "acorn song." Not necessarily the best mix/version of this song, but our favorite just because we always laugh about thinking something was falling on car.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Damien Rice cover of Chandelier

Sukima Switch - Eureka

Ross King - Build the House

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Gregorio Allegri - Miserere

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IX1zicNRLmY

Feel like I should round that out with some Duran Duran and/or Chic but I'm not going to (because I haven't been listening to them today). Lately I've really been liking some Bach cantatas. Sometimes it's a bit much, there are some that I have to skip, but on the whole I find it pretty calming.

Trigger warning: 90s era video.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post

Had this on a playlist the other day and my 12 year old daughter said (in the way that only pre-teen/teen girls can) "how do you know about this song?" If you've ever been around a girl that age, you know exactly how to imagine that "you." Like I'm not allowed to be familiar with a song released in the last 5 years? I guess I'm that many years old that I'm not supposed to recognize songs from top 40 radio anymore (assuming that's where she heard it)?

Thankfully the student-workers in my office occasionally appreciate talking to me about "oldies." You know, from like the 80s and 90s.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Had something similar many years ago happen. Driving along and my son, who was usually chattering along, suddenly gets real quiet. The song on the radio was A day in the Life. At the end of the song he says, Who was that! So I told him it was the Beatles. He said who? You know Paul McCartney. He said Paul McCartney is in a new band?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Had something similar many years ago happen. Driving along and my son, who was usually chattering along, suddenly gets real quiet. The song on the radio was A day in the Life. At the end of the song he says, Who was that! So I told him it was the Beatles. He said who? You know Paul McCartney. He said Paul McCartney is in a new band?

This. . . is not really what I would have expected it to be (the song, I should clarify, the video is maybe closer to what you might expect).

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Trigger warning: 90s era video.
    This one still gives me ... feelings.

Can't remember if I've posted this one, but I really like it. Tift Merritt - Mix Tape.

Haven't made it to the Taylor's version Red yet (although the wife had it fired up this morning). I can't stand the big hits on that one, but the rest I actually like.

Instead I've been listening to a brand new rock thing (that I didn't really care for) by Idles and a brand new Susanna Hoffs album that was ok I think. The Hoffs thing will merit another listen. The Idles thing, probably not.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Every time I hear this song now, I think of LA Tech and their CUSA 3.0 experience. With friends like those bastards, who needs enemies?

All the right friends in all the right places
    So yeah, we're goin' down
    They got all the right moves in all the right faces

Let's paint the picture of the perfect place
    They got it better than what anyone's told you
    They'll be the King of Hearts, and you're the Queen of Spades
    Then we'll fight for you like we were your soldiers

I know we got it good, but they got it made
    And their grass is getting greener each day
    I know things are looking up, but soon they'll take us down
    Before anybody's knowin' our name

They got all the right friends in all the right places

They say everybody knows, everybody knows where we're goin'
    Yeah, we're goin' down
    Yeah, we're goin' down

Do you think I'm special?
    Do you think I'm nice, am I bright enough to shine in your spaces?
    Between the noise you hear, and the sound you like
    Are we just sinking in an ocean of faces?

It can't be possible that rain could fall
    Only when it's over our heads
    The sun is shining everyday, but it's far away
    Over their world instead, they got

They got all the right friends in all the right places

Yeah, we're goin' down
    Yeah, we're goin' down