+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 325 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 4875

Thread: What are you listening to Today?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: What are you listening to Today?

Quote Originally Posted by solo1001 View Post
    So what's your beef with Pearl Jam and Soundgarden? Other than you just don't like it. Just curious. Do you buy into the opinions that Silversun Pickups are todays Smashing Pumpkins? I don't hear it personally.
    Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell's vocals, for the most part. The rest of their respective bands were just not good enough to carry them, IMO. They are just irritating to listen to.

I can see the similarities between Silversun and Smashing Pumpkins, but it is not a fair comparison. Silversun Pickups have incorporated the Pumpkins overdubbed wall of sound approach to their songs and share the same initials with the Pumpkins, but that is about where the similarities end.

I like the Silversun Pickups, and they are a pretty good band in their own right, but they have yet to produce an album that is on par (or nearly on par) with Siamese Dream.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah i developed a whole new appreciation for the pumpkins after not listening to them for a decade or so. Their output was incredible back in the day. I wish they'd get back together with the orgiginal lineup because now its bascially billy corgan and his backing band but they call themselves smashing pumpkins. The windjammer is a beach club here and a ton of smaller 90's bands play there for four night stands or so. Cowboy Mouth, Sister Hazel and Cracker were all there last summer. The Music Farm downtown gets all of the new bands for fairly cheap. I'm going to see Dirty Heads for 12 bucks next month and then Fitz and the Tantrums which is on Alt Nation quite frequently is playing soon. It's so nice to live in a city that gets good stuff like that fairly often.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

The 90's defined my musical tastes and I miss that music, even the smaller one or two hit type bands: Candlebox, Sponge, Seven Mary Three, Trippin Daisy, Toadies, Ruth Ruth, Self, Becky Sharp, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Screaming Trees, Gin Blossoms, Pushmonkey, Caroline Spine, etc. Don't judge me but I still listen to the rap/rock stuff and really like it. Saw 311 last Tuesday and I still crank up 2 Skinnee J's and Shootyz Groove from time to time.
    Apart from the Toadies and Screaming Trees, I can really do without the other mentioned bands. 311 was fun (in the 90s), as was Dre, 2Pac, and Snoop.

The 90s also influenced my taste in music - Deftones, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Hum, Nine Inch Nails, and really a bunch of bands... But I never hear these bands on Lithium.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Yeah i developed a whole new appreciation for the pumpkins after not listening to them for a decade or so. Their output was incredible back in the day. I wish they'd get back together with the orgiginal lineup because now its bascially billy corgan and his backing band but they call themselves smashing pumpkins. The windjammer is a beach club here and a ton of smaller 90's bands play there for four night stands or so. Cowboy Mouth, Sister Hazel and Cracker were all there last summer. The Music Farm downtown gets all of the new bands for fairly cheap. I'm going to see Dirty Heads for 12 bucks next month and then Fitz and the Tantrums which is on Alt Nation quite frequently is playing soon. It's so nice to live in a city that gets good stuff like that fairly often.
    Without Jimmy Chamberlain, it is not really the Pumpkins, IMO. He and Billy are the key ingredients.

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Apart from the Toadies and Screaming Trees, I can really do without the other mentioned bands. 311 was fun (in the 90s), as was Dre, 2Pac, and Snoop.

The 90s also influenced my taste in music - Deftones, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Hum, Nine Inch Nails, and really a bunch of bands... But I never hear these bands on Lithium.
    I hear radiohead and the pumpkins fairly often on lithium but none of the others. I was never into Tool as much as my friends but the Deftones were incredible. I was completely and utterly shocked when I saw Hum on Howard Stern. I thought they'd be kind of grunge or metal looking and it turns out they looked just like Weezer. hell of a band though. They get back together for one off shows every now and then. My wife thought Trent Reznor looked nice and clean cut when he won the Oscar so I started singing Closer and completely rocked her world.

No one plays like Jimmy does in this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4Ok35HEJQ

I hear radiohead and the pumpkins fairly often on lithium but none of the others. I was never into Tool as much as my friends but the Deftones were incredible. I was completely and utterly shocked when I saw Hum on Howard Stern. I thought they'd be kind of grunge or metal looking and it turns out they looked just like Weezer. hell of a band though. They get back together for one off shows every now and then. My wife thought Trent Reznor looked nice and clean cut when he won the Oscar so I started singing Closer and completely rocked her world.
    The only Radiohead song I have ever heard on Lithium is Creep, and I really don't care for that first album. It is the only album of theirs that I don't keep on my iPod.

Pablo Honey is okay and OK Computer defines my freshman year in college. The rest of their albums are very hit or miss for me. I like some songs and others I have to be in a VERY specific mood to listen to. I use to like Travis a lot and I had an Oasis phase. The Arctic Monkeys are a good listen these days. Go England.

No one plays like Jimmy does in this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4Ok35HEJQ
    Well, this guy does, sort of, but he is green and plays the snare with the opposite hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3WGm...eature=related

wow, green and electronic drums. double whammy. Rick Allen is the only man allowed to use electronic drums

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

They'll play SOME Tool, but it's mostly just 'Sober' (imo, their "worst" single)

NIN and Pumpkins occasionally as well.

I like Octane, but I'm often switching between Alt Nation, Octane, Chan 52 (forget the name) WHEN they don't have the loser Jason Ellis show on, and Lithium.

Faction. They play good stuff in the two hours per day that Ellis isn't on. Sometimes I'll put it on Cinemagic and listen to movie soundtracks and then ESPN for the morning commute.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Speaking of 90's:

Hootie & the Blowfish's Cracked Rear View album
    HSO's Cracked Rear Entry...much better album...speaking of the 90's...

Addendum: pound-for-pound Mojo Nixon's show on Outlaw Country is the best thing going on XM...

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    HSO's Cracked Rear Entry...much better album...speaking of the 90's...

Addendum: pound-for-pound Mojo Nixon's show on Outlaw Country is the best thing going on XM...
    Post of the year on BB&B!!!

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Jimmy Chamberlain is the best. He drove the Pumpkins. Gish is still my favorite album by them.

Yes Hum is a terrific band.

Not a huge Silversun fan, but they were decent live.

+ Reply to Thread