+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 325 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 4875

Thread: What are you listening to Today?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: What are you listening to Today?

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Not listening to it, but it's relevent to this thread:

Klosterman attends Creed and Nickleback concerts on the same night.
    Awesome line

We stand on the sidewalk and chat about Creed; he's envious that I'm seeing both Creed and Nickelback on the same night, and he asks if I know how to get tickets to tomorrow night's sold-out Shinedown show at Best Buy Theater. This is a person who really, really likes rock music.
    I lol'd
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Another gem:

Creed's highest artistic achievement is the (excellent) song "My Own Prison," the first single they ever released. It's Creed at their upmost Creediest. Lyrical themes include despair, self-loathing, Golgotha, drugs, the shackles of self-awareness, metaphorical lions, actual lions, hypocrisy, Crime and Punishment, and the desperate notion of surrendering one's agency to a Higher Power. The payoff explodes at the end, where Stapp insists, "I created, I created, I created, I created, I created, I created my own prison." Free will: intact.
    I've long wondered if this song is popular inside actual prisons.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I went to the Southwest School of Arts event here in San Antonio on Saturday. In the garden they had this group playing. The group consisted of a harp player, an acoustic base guitar, a regular acoustic guitar, and a drum player. They were playing Santana and it was magnificent. I couldn't find the songs he was playing but here is a sample of an earlier performance by

Juan Cabrera

WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Another gem:

Creed's highest artistic achievement is the (excellent) song "My Own Prison," the first single they ever released. It's Creed at their upmost Creediest. Lyrical themes include despair, self-loathing, Golgotha, drugs, the shackles of self-awareness, metaphorical lions, actual lions, hypocrisy, Crime and Punishment, and the desperate notion of surrendering one's agency to a Higher Power. The payoff explodes at the end, where Stapp insists, "I created, I created, I created, I created, I created, I created my own prison." Free will: intact.
    I've long wondered if this song is popular inside actual prisons.
    I liked that, too.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Riverfest starts tonight. Should I go see Widespread or Poison?

http://riverfestarkansas.com/music/current-lineup/

(a preemptive "oh, shut up" to my favorite music-snob Guiss)
    Tell me you're going this year.

Boyz II Men, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and The Doggfather?

Wish I could make it.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Tell me you're going this year.

Boyz II Men, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and The Doggfather?

Wish I could make it.
    Oh hells yeah.

FREEEEEEEE-BIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRD!!!!!!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Wish that I would have made the links earlier, but Pandora has been playing me some Hard Rock and Metal for about 4 hours tonight. It's been AWESOME!!!

Disturbed, Slipknot, Bullet for My Valentine, Killswitch Engage, Mudvayne, Cold, Shinedown, Linkin Park, Cowboy Mouth, and many more...

This video makes sure that I will NEVER EVER be in a mosh pit..

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Wish that I would have made the links earlier, but Pandora has been playing me some Hard Rock and Metal for about 4 hours tonight. It's been AWESOME!!!

Disturbed, Slipknot, Bullet for My Valentine, Killswitch Engage, Mudvayne, Cold, Shinedown, Linkin Park, Cowboy Mouth, and many more...

This video makes sure that I will NEVER EVER be in a mosh pit..
    But you have to admit, that looked pretty awesome.

Until now, I had never put faces with Killswitch Engage, so I'm genuinely surprised seeing what they look like. Only the bassist and the drummer weren't surprising.

Varsity Bulldog tech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of light tech_dawg_fan's Avatar

Any better way of enjoying a Friday?

(Music starts at 0:58)

Some kind of pansy cover band singing a top 40 hit.

Not enough arpeggiated chords for my taste. Different strokes, I guess.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Lee Greenwood -

You guess the song -

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

This guy just got word about the Friday announcement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnB_McpbGTk

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    This guy just got word about the Friday announcement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnB_McpbGTk
    that song is great with doc watson on guitar, earl scruggs on banjo, and vassar clements on fiddle.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Some kind of pansy cover band singing a top 40 hit.

Not enough arpeggiated chords for my taste. Different strokes, I guess.
    PANSY COVER BAND?!?!?!?!?!?! Ok, I'm not fond of the SONG, the BAND is AWESOME!!

Do me a favor. If you're just going to listen on your computer speakers, just hold off. Get to the house or somewhere with a pretty decent stereo, CRANK these up and ENJOY!!

Welcome Home. This should be the song Friday for the presser.

This is the first song that I heard from them years ago. It's a good'en.

A more mellow song for some of the BLUE HAIRS around here.

The visual here is AWESOME. What an ending!!!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    PANSY COVER BAND?!?!?!?!?!?! Ok, I'm not fond of the SONG, the BAND is AWESOME!!

Do me a favor. If you're just going to listen on your computer speakers, just hold off. Get to the house or somewhere with a pretty decent stereo, CRANK these up and ENJOY!!

I'm pretty sure I heard the sarcasm in his voice all the way over here. lol

+ Reply to Thread