+ Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 326 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 4886

Thread: What are you listening to Today?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: What are you listening to Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Have you ever heard of a band called Hearts Fail?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I have not.
    They're basically a post punk band from the San Antonio area, I believe. I know it's either Austin or San Antone. I've only listened to bits of a couple of songs. Like what I heard, but that's because they're heavily influenced by one of my all time favorite bands from the early 80s, and you can hear it in their music. Or at least the songs I heard. Their lead singer/founder? contacted me via twitter because he saw I was following said 80s band, and I guess wanted to try to promote his band. I think they've been around since the early 2000's. I'm going to try to find something I can post hear. Don't know if you're into the post punk scene or not.
    See if I can get this to work.
    http://www.heartsfail.com/fr_home.cfm
    Last edited by Dirtydawg; 06-20-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    How are you able to post the video instead of the link?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

They're basically a post punk band from the San Antonio area, I believe. I know it's either Austin or San Antone. I've only listened to bits of a couple of songs. Like what I heard, but that's because they're heavily influenced by one of my all time favorite bands from the early 80s, and you can hear it in their music. Or at least the songs I heard. Their lead singer/founder? contacted me via twitter because he saw I was following said 80s band, and I guess wanted to try to promote his band. I think they've been around since the early 2000's. I'm going to try to find something I can post hear. Don't know if you're into the post punk scene or not.
    They remind me of the Cure.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

How are you able to post the video instead of the link?
    Click on the little "filmstrip" button above the textbox and then enter the url for the video.

They remind me of the Cure.
    One of their other influences. I picked it up, also.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Not really new bands (except 1), but the three most recent "chill" albums that I bought and like:

1. Daft Punk - Random Access Memories (surprisingly chill)
    2. Alt-J - An Awesome Wave
    3. M83 - Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

All 3 have some weirdness to them. Hell, two of the bands are French, and they aren't even the weirdest.

But, my go to "chill" band is usually Radiohead, and the chillest album is In Rainbows.
    Daft Punk - Within

Alt-J - Something Good

M83 - Steve McQueen

Radiohead - Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Daft Punk - Beyond

“It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Alt-J - Matilda

M83 - Wait

Radiohead - All I Need

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Listen to all of those daily on Pandora, along with Crystal Castles (the "seed" artist for the station), Radiohead, M83, the Naked and Famous, Santigold, Purity Ring, the Knife, Junior Boys, Daft Punk and Two Door Cinema Club.
    Stop listing bands I listen to! I actually have all of them on my ipod except for Purity Ring and the Knife.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Stop listing bands I listen to! I actually have all of them on my ipod except for Purity Ring and the Knife.
    Interesting. Someone actually stole my iPod...

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I've been looking for this song to post for quite some time.
    It is not the best quality with all the talking in the background
    but it is such a beautiful song. I hope you can appreciate it with the background noise.

Poi dog Pondering ~ al le luia

WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Doobie Brothers - What a Fool Believes

+ Reply to Thread