+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 325 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 4875

Thread: What are you listening to Today?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: What are you listening to Today?

Working from home today. 5 year old was playing with toy dinosaurs in the same room as I'm trying to give an online presentation and humming this out loud to himself (I don't think you could hear him on the other end, but it sure seemed loud to me). Naturally we haven't let him see the movie but he knows the music and what it's from and has seen the netflix cartoon. I like the cute version by my kid better than this, but the original's not bad (there is a reason he knows it to begin with, right?). After my presentation I turned on the soundtrack for him (but again, not as good as his version).

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Värttinä - Lasetus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlSPnk7j8DM

No idea what they're saying or anything. Just love their harmonies.
    Sunday is Finnish Independence Day, be a good day to listen to this one.

I like the Spotify Wrapped reports, but it always raises more questions than it answers for me.

And if it gives me my top 5, that just drives me crazy wondering about #6.

I'd love access to that raw data (just my own). But that may just be my nerdiness showing itself.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Tower of Power - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsG4t-JsZQk

I'm sure Mr. Lawrence, the Tech Jazz Band, and everyone that attended the President's Pancake Brunch/Dinner or whatever it was called a long time ago would say I butchered playing this. hahaha

Tried playing it tonight, and my fingers definitely don't function as fast as they did back then. I'm severely out of practice.

Also listening to, well, you know. . .

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Femmes right?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Figured as much

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Really like that. But it's also more or less tailor made to be something I'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Figured as much
    Got halfway through and then switched to a TCU podcast previewing the game in the background. Wasn't paying close attention because it's just background right now while I work, but it seemed fine. Certainly the kind of thing of hers I'd be more inclined to enjoy (than say, the upbeat dance stuff). Bon Iver, The National, Haim all guest. Heck of a lot of the songs have the explicit tag, so again probably not going to be a family fav. Downbeat, piano-driven singer-songwriter vibe (but I bet you already knew that).

Got halfway through and then switched to a TCU podcast previewing the game in the background. Wasn't paying close attention because it's just background right now while I work, but it seemed fine. Certainly the kind of thing of hers I'd be more inclined to enjoy (than say, the upbeat dance stuff). Bon Iver, The National, Haim all guest. Heck of a lot of the songs have the explicit tag, so again probably not going to be a family fav. Downbeat, piano-driven singer-songwriter vibe (but I bet you already knew that).
    I checked out the credits and then the songs I thought I might like the best based on that.

On one hand, I think it is good news that this will introduce a bunch of people to artists worthy of attention, but...

Taylor is too old to refer to “the mall” in songs and she has done it twice now in the last two albums.

That is essentially a microcosm of what I find grating in her music. Even if the sounds mature, the character in the songs still comes across as a young teenager to me. I am good with her music from when she was actually young. Those are her good albums. All this later stuff feels like a child trying on other people’s adult clothes.

She still hasn’t transcended into what I think she could be as an adult artist. I bet she will one day.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Oh no, wait ... you mean the Hanukkah Song!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9320tG1bQaY

+ Reply to Thread