+ Reply to Thread
Page 287 of 325 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 4875

Thread: What are you listening to Today?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: What are you listening to Today?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I never understood the attraction for this song. Just don't like it....it sounds like a very poor imitation of an Elton John song, but without the Chorus. When considering the structure of a song, this song goes straight from "verse" to....well, another "verse"...... It never changes, and it never introduces as "chorus", with the band, etc... Don't get me wrong....it's not terrible. It just feels unfinished.....
    I'm not necessarily a huge hardcore REM fan. I like the hits a lot, a couple of which are all time greats. But I was listening to this because my spotify suggested songs list played a cover (that I really didn't like) and I thought "surely there is a better cover version of this" which led me to the voice looped Ingrid Michaelson version and then to the Coldplay/Stipe version. Song is ok. I think it's meant to be "circular" like that structurally, but I can see where that might make it seem unfinished although it doesn't bother me too much.

If I thought it sounded like Elton John I'd never listen to it (he said counter-culturally).

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post

Don't sleep on that song (or album). Chances are you haven't heard it, but it's really good. You should also google some live versions and watch that finger-picking. Very cool sound.

I feel like there is a Charlie Peacock version of this with a kind of cool piano thing under it, but I can't find it on the interwebs. Vocal version still great.

I feel like there is a Charlie Peacock version of this with a kind of cool piano thing under it, but I can't find it on the interwebs.
    They translated the title! I knew I didn't imagine this.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I feel like there is a Charlie Peacock version of this with a kind of cool piano thing under it, but I can't find it on the interwebs. Vocal version still great.
    I really like this a cappella version. While the Peacock version is good too, I just like hearing the distinct voices without the distraction of the piano. Excellent find.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Snoozer. Makes me want to go chug a 5-hour energy drink.

Phil Spector dies at 81. Known as a hitmaker, for working with the Beatles early in his career, and for murdering Lana Clarkson later in life.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...der-dies-at-81

Philles (Spectors' Music Company)had two No. 1 singles: “He’s a Rebel” by the Crystals, with Love as lead singer, in 1962 and “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’” by the Righteous Brothers in 1962. The Ronettes’ first single, “Be My Baby,” was No. 2 in 1963.

Spector produced John Lennon’s single “Instant Karma” and was then asked by Lennon and George Harrison to work on the Beatles’ album “Let It Be,” released in 1970.
    Lennon collaborated with Spector on the “Imagine” album and three other solo releases. Harrison worked with him on the “All Things Must Pass” album and a live recording of “The Concert for Bangladesh,” the 1972 Grammy Award winner for album of the year.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Phil Spector dies at 81. Known as a hitmaker, for working with the Beatles early in his career, and for murdering Lana Clarkson later in life.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...der-dies-at-81

Philles (Spectors' Music Company)had two No. 1 singles: “He’s a Rebel” by the Crystals, with Love as lead singer, in 1962 and “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’” by the Righteous Brothers in 1962. The Ronettes’ first single, “Be My Baby,” was No. 2 in 1963.

Spector produced John Lennon’s single “Instant Karma” and was then asked by Lennon and George Harrison to work on the Beatles’ album “Let It Be,” released in 1970.
    Lennon collaborated with Spector on the “Imagine” album and three other solo releases. Harrison worked with him on the “All Things Must Pass” album and a live recording of “The Concert for Bangladesh,” the 1972 Grammy Award winner for album of the year.

Known best (sarcasm) for his bit role as the drug dealer at the airport in Easy Rider.

I think Harrison wasn't particularly fond of the "wall of sound" production on "All things must pass." I remember some interview with him and he was saying they worked and worked to get every note right and all the sounds as clean as possible, then could barely recognize what they had done when Phil got done with it.

It's a couple of hundred years off, but I've been reading a book about the 14th century and listening to the soundtrack to Kingdom of Heaven some while I read (set in the 12th century). I mean, it's not the kind of music they'd have had back then either way, but still kind of sets the mood.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Rammstein - Deutschland

I'm not linking the video because it could be considered pretty graphic or NSFW. But it's an amazing video, and the song is pretty good. And, even though I don't understand German at all, it's pretty easy to get the "gist" of it (with the video especially).

I figured I'd finally give Rammstein a shot after decades of hearing about them and being told to give them a try.

Slightly different groove than Rammstein I think. But this is something I was listening to today.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Rammstein - Deutschland

I'm not linking the video because it could be considered pretty graphic or NSFW. But it's an amazing video, and the song is pretty good. And, even though I don't understand German at all, it's pretty easy to get the "gist" of it (with the video especially).

I figured I'd finally give Rammstein a shot after decades of hearing about them and being told to give them a try.
    Their live shows are over the top. The lead singer has his pyro license, so he incorporates the pyro into his costumes. The Sehnsucht album was decent back in the day.

+ Reply to Thread