+ Reply to Thread
Page 291 of 326 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 4880

Thread: What are you listening to Today?

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Re: What are you listening to Today?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I need someone to explain to me the fascination with Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stones, and The Beatles.
    There’s nothing to explain. Tastes in music are subjective. I personally don’t like rap, but obviously it’s very popular today. I will say that The Beatles and Rolling Stones changed music and were huge influences on other artists.

What music do you like?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I like a pretty wide range. Folk singers/story tellers from the 60’s and 70’s. 70’s and 80’s rock, except those mentioned and a couple of others. Country music before the 90’s. More modern stuff like Muse, Incubus, Mumford and Sons, and The Decemberists

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

I like a pretty wide range. Folk singers/story tellers from the 60’s and 70’s. 70’s and 80’s rock, except those mentioned and a couple of others. Country music before the 90’s. More modern stuff like Muse, Incubus, Mumford and Sons, and The Decemberists
    Sounds like your musical tastes are similar to mine, although I do like The Beatles and Stones. Springsteen is ok—I’m not a big fan, but I do like some of his music.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg81 View Post
    Springsteen is ok—I’m not a big fan, but I do like some of his music.
    i always liked his sound, but his songs are terrible.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

HIM - Heartkiller

I was always called a "poser" or "fake" or worse because I started listening to them around the same time as that Bam Margera show on MTV came out so they thought I heard about HIM through that show and only liked them because of Margera. Never mind that I didn't watch the show or anything. Some people just like gatekeeping and none do it harder than "real" fans.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Um, did STP get that iconic Interstate Love Song riff from Jim Croce?

Go to around 1:34.

Also, I've mentioned this podcast before, but it's really fun (and where I heard this theory).

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post

Also, I've mentioned this podcast before, but it's really fun (and where I heard this theory).
    i enjoyed that podcast. that's one of my favorite songs from the 90's.

i like to think that stp was a group of guys sitting around saying "you know i really like the way pearl jam sounds, but wouldn't it be better if they were actually good musicians and songwriters?" and then they decided to be that.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I need someone to explain to me the fascination with Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stones, and The Beatles.
    Two of those just happened to make music that really connected with a lot of people.

The Beatles were a groundbreaking cultural phenomenon that also revolutionized music (and wrote amazing songs that connect with a lot of people). Thus the fascination at both the popular and academic levels.

Y'all see that Yo-Yo Ma took his cello with him to get his second vaccine? And played for everyone during the observation period? Awesome.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Y'all see that Yo-Yo Ma took his cello with him to get his second vaccine? And played for everyone during the observation period? Awesome.

Cello music sounds so sad. Just........so sad.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I believe "the theory" is on to something. The chords in Interstate are the same damn chords that Joe Croce played in "I Got a Name" 20 years earlier. Hmm.....I-T-E-R-E-S-T-I-N-G.

BTW, love Jim Croce, and this song. My favorite Croce song is "Operator".....

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Cello music sounds so sad. Just........so sad.
    It certainly can - but I find this pretty joyful:

Not to mention this kind of thing:

+ Reply to Thread