+ Reply to Thread
Page 293 of 325 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 4875

Thread: What are you listening to Today?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: What are you listening to Today?

Not digging through 4K posts (and we know how the search feature works) but didn't we have a King's X discussion on this thread some years back? Never been my favorite, but I feel like maybe Bob and Brian96 had thoughts.

Listened to a podcast that piqued my interest (still not my cup of tea completely I think, although I like a few of their songs).

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    You might not expect it from the former lead singer of Sixpence None the Richer (although she is from Central Texas - New Braunfels I think) but this is just a solid country song. And I think semi-based on a true story (she ran into a trustee at like the training center for police horses who gave her the title).
    don't think i commented on this the first time you posted it, but this song really gets me in the feels. a lot of her stuff does.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Not digging through 4K posts (and we know how the search feature works) but didn't we have a King's X discussion on this thread some years back? Never been my favorite, but I feel like maybe Bob and Brian96 had thoughts.

Listened to a podcast that piqued my interest (still not my cup of tea completely I think, although I like a few of their songs).
    if so it was a while back, but maybe so. i think maybe jubru was a fan? i enjoyed some of their stuff back in the day, but i haven't listened in a while.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors

I can't believe they let Kid Rock sing on this:

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Rusty Young, founding member and lead singer of Poco, and a former member of Buffalo Springfield, has passed away at age 75.

https://youtu.be/vjzscuZa5UY

Love that song. Unfortunately, Poco is one of the most underrated and under appreciated bands of all time. But three of their members are in the Rock "n Roll Hall as members of OTHER bands. (Furay with Buffalo Springfield, and Meisner and Schmit with The Eagles.) LOL!

https://deadline.com/2021/04/rusty-young...234735649/

Poco's list of members over the years reads like an all-star list of musicians & talent:

Rusty Young (Buffalo Springfield, and the only constant member of Poco)
    Richie Furay (Buffalo Springfield)
    Jim Messina (Buffalo Springfield, and later Loggins and Messina, with Kenny Loggins)
    Randy Meisner (an original founding member of The Eagles)
    Timothy B Schmit (The Eagles)
    Paul Cotton (Wrote the huge international hit, "The Heart of the Night"...)

Poco also did the "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" soundtrack back in 1982.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

For those of you unfamiliar with Buffalo Springfield, they were a really big deal back during the Vietnam War era of the late 1960's. Almost all of their members went on to do very big things with other bands later in their careers.

https://youtu.be/80_39eAx3z8

Members of Buffalo Springfield:

David Crosby
    Stephen Stills
    Neil Young
    Richie Furay
    Jim Messina
    Bruce Palmer
    Dewey Martin (Drums)
    Jim Fielder
    Ken Koblun
    Rusty Young

Talk about an All-Star cast!

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Rusty Young, founding member and lead singer of Poco, and a former member of Buffalo Springfield, has passed away at age 75.

Good interview with him on the Great Song Podcast earlier this year.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5Xa...RZeaHXN2AkQ_Pg

Throwback to a fantastic album:

This was stuck in my head all morning and I couldn't figure out why until just now, but I think it's because I used this at breakfast:

https://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-E...92655750&psc=1

Throwback to a fantastic album:
    More:

As noted in the "what are you reading" thread, I'm currently reading the 3rd book in the Southern Reach trilogy. They only made a movie out of the first one (and that's probably the only one they will make) but the score for that movie sets the atmosphere pretty well for my reading of book 3.

+ Reply to Thread