+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern Mississippi

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Southern Mississippi

I think we will be playing a pretty good team this weekend. Southern Miss started out 6-0, but has dropped their last 3 games by close margins. It is just a matter of time until they get their offense straightened out. They use an inside/outside game, but would much rather go inside to their 6'4" post and 6'0 forward (their biggest scorers). They have an outside threat, as well. All depends on how well they are hitting from the outside on a particular game. If they get hot, that will spell trouble.

We do a pretty good job of defending the paint. Sneed and Dowdell need to have big nights, but we REALLY need Pringle, Levingston, Jones, etc... to get hot with the threes. If just one of them does that, we will run all over Southern Miss.

In my opinion, Southern Miss is the toughest opponent we have faced except for Tennessee. I think Southern Miss could beat WKU, so we need a good game from the Techsters.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Southern Mississippi

I will be in Ruston Saturday for this game. Looking forward to seeing the Techsters take care of business!

Puppy swfloridaboys is an unknown

Every JLM team is a athletic bunch not very disciplined but very very athletic, we have to make them go at a pace they are not comfortable at.

Quote Originally Posted by swfloridaboys View Post
    Every JLM team is a athletic bunch not very disciplined but very very athletic, we have to make them go at a pace they are not comfortable at.
    Are you saying we should slow it down due to their athleticism or speed it up because they are not very disciplined? I think our fast pace is our bread and butter. Hopefully, we can stay focused and out athlete them.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

I hope the LATechTV is working for this game. Although I cannot get back for this game I am planning to be there for LSU game.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

I agree with you Champ. I think being at home helps a lot. They are stronger than they appear to be, and yes, this will probably be the second toughest team the Techsters have faced yet. Should be a good game.

I won't be on here to post my comments during and after the game. I am looking forward to seeing them in person - for the first time this year. I will try to give a report sometime on Sunday when I return.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Oh the last thing we should do is slow it down, Champ watch JLM tomorrow night when we get them to running with us, she will start out sitting and trying to hold it together but as soon as they get to running and gunning with us she will hit the panic button and you will see her unravel before you very eyes. They will be athletic but she wants them to be controlled but unless she has changed greatly she has a problem coaching in tight situations when they need her to pull it together. She is a great person but she just falls a part in some of the tight game situations and when her teams get down sometimes it is hard for her to coach a team back if we ever get in front and start to stretch it you will see what I am talking about on this. That being said again a great person but lacks some of the skills that will always keep her programs from going to that next level.

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Oh the last thing we should do is slow it down, Champ watch JLM tomorrow night when we get them to running with us, she will start out sitting and trying to hold it together but as soon as they get to running and gunning with us she will hit the panic button and you will see her unravel before you very eyes. They will be athletic but she wants them to be controlled but unless she has changed greatly she has a problem coaching in tight situations when they need her to pull it together. She is a great person but she just falls a part in some of the tight game situations and when her teams get down sometimes it is hard for her to coach a team back if we ever get in front and start to stretch it you will see what I am talking about on this. That being said again a great person but lacks some of the skills that will always keep her programs from going to that next level.
    I am looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up and giving me something to watch for.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I can't see slowing the game down. We have enough players to run, run, run. Heck, we don't even have to run that far. Just let Levingston run halfway and fire it up!

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    I can't see slowing the game down. We have enough players to run, run, run. Heck, we don't even have to run that far. Just let Levingston run halfway and fire it up!
    That is the truth and I think that is what he was saying above. I just wanted to see if he would clarify.

Bulldog D_dubb has turned a few heads around hereD_dubb has turned a few heads around here D_dubb's Avatar

This Southern Miss team is going to be a tough match-up for the team. This is going to be very good for the team and a good match-up to see were the team stands for the furture. They (southern miss.) has a very good all around player that is averaging 18 to 20 points a game, and a true big body with a height of 6'4". Looking forward to seeing how Long plans to counteract those players. I think that Long should twick the starting line-up to better cover these big players. We will see.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Tweak it how? What would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    Tweak it how? What would you suggest?
    I think d-dubb is a fan of Nixon. That is great. I would like to see her in the game, as well, and we may need her size. Sneed does a great job banging in the middle, but with both of them and Dowdell in the game, we would be in good shape. We won't be as fast, though. Plus, a lot of this depends on the team chemistry. In other words, if Nixon isn't used to playing with the team, that needs to be factored in.

I also would like to see Nixon playing in the game. This is the time of year to work on our chemistry and getting her into the games would help that. I would like to see Nixon coming in for Sneed and Dowdell and have Johnson playing the three spot. We need all of our weapons utilized and I believe Nixon would contribute. We seem to be two deep at every single position and should be able to run the pants off other teams. If we can get consistent outside shooting we could be like the WNBA Champion Phoenix Mercury. They are very exciting to watch with Taurasi, Pondexter and Taylor lighting things up.

+ Reply to Thread