+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction time again

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Prediction time again

We stand at 4-2 through the first 6 games of the season. Thought we might take a shot at some predictions again. Here is our non-conference schedule that is left:

Dec. 08 Southern Miss ......... 7 p.m.
    Dec. 11 Louisiana-Monroe (DH) . 6 p.m.
    Dec. 13 Mississippi State ..... 7 p.m.
    Dec. 16 #5 LSU ................ 2 p.m. Cox Sports
    Dec. 20 at UALR ............... TBA
    Dec. 29 at Sam Houston State .. 2 p.m.
    Dec. 31 McNeese State ......... 2 p.m.

If we can manage to beat who we are supposed to beat and pull 2 upsets, we are looking at going into conference play at 11-2. The GREAT thing is that the two teams that we have to upset are coming to the TAC, instead of us having to play on the road (Mississippi State and lsu).

IF WE DO THE UNTHINKABLE and upset MSU AND lsu, we are looking at the top 25 dead in the face. In fact, I don't think the voters could deny us on that. If we beat the other 5 teams, but NOT MSU or lsu, we won't even get a look. We will have to wait for conference play and pretty much get about 7 straight wins before we get a glance.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Re: Prediction time again

We won't get a glance even if we win the Conference.

That being said we will go 6-1 in these OOC games. Beating Mississippi State and losing to LSU.

JFord

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we go into conference play at 10-3 but it will be MSU, not lsu, that stops us. That will puzzle the voters for the top 25 and we may sit in the "others receiving votes" area for a while before breaking in.

That is my head talking - my heart says 11-2 BABY!

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Smiss - W (just because we are at home, I think this is a L on the road)
    ULM - W bigtime, payback for last year
    Miss State - tough call, I think we win 1 of 2 between Miss State and LSU so W
    LSU - L (a close game though, especially at home)
    UALR - W
    Sam Houston State - W
    McNeese State - W

I see 6-1, maybe 5-2 heading into conference play

Quote Originally Posted by jford View Post
    We won't get a glance even if we win the Conference.

That being said we will go 6-1 in these OOC games. Beating Mississippi State and losing to LSU.

JFord
    We will get in during conference play if we only have 3 losses - believe me. We have some proving to do, but there is no conspiracy. We will get back in. Once in, we will just keep climbing as others lose and we stay on a streak through conference.

Winning out for the rest of OOC would make it EASY to get the votes, though.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Hopefully the Techsters will be a bright spot in an otherwise grim looking year in other sports (FB, MBB)

Miss. State CREAMED Memphis by 30+. That worries me.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

NOT ME, they played them on December 2 and now will have to wait till December 13th to play again. They will come to us a week from Today and we will have been game ready due to games with USM and ULM on Sat and next Tuesday. The more we play the better it will be for us due to us getting such a late start. I see the layoff only hurting them.

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    NOT ME, they played them on December 2 and now will have to wait till December 13th to play again. They will come to us a week from Today and we will have been game ready due to games with USM and ULM on Sat and next Tuesday. The more we play the better it will be for us due to us getting such a late start. I see the layoff only hurting them.
    Good point!

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

I see losses to Miss State, LSU, UALR, winning the remainder. Nothing would make me happier for the Techsters than to be wrong on any one of those three.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

If we can manage to beat who we are supposed to beat and pull 2 upsets, we are looking at going into conference play at 11-2. The GREAT thing is that the two teams that we have to upset are coming to the TAC, instead of us having to play on the road (Mississippi State and lsu).

IF WE DO THE UNTHINKABLE and upset MSU AND lsu, we are looking at the top 25 dead in the face. In fact, I don't think the voters could deny us on that. If we beat the other 5 teams, but NOT MSU or lsu, we won't even get a look. We will have to wait for conference play and pretty much get about 7 straight wins before we get a glance.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I agree, but I'm not sure we'll break into the top 25 even if we go undefeated in conference.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I think the only way we can break into the top 25 is by beating LSU. If we beat MSU and USM as well as the other ooc games, go undefeated in the conference, we will probably get some votes. It is hard to say at this time how we are going to do in these OOC games. Obviously, we are inconsistent. If Sneed is a monster and we make shots, we can do very well. If we play like we did at Alabama we are going to lose some of them. I am hoping our inability to make shots yesterday is a complete aberration, never to be seen again.
    On another topic I hope Long decides to play Nixon. I had heard she was playing well. We can't afford to have tall talent sitting on the bench. If she is back on the team, let her play. We need all our weapons against some of these teams.
    On another topic I think this is an exciting team. I feel this anticipation when I watch or listen to them play, like something good is about to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    I think the only way we can break into the top 25 is by beating LSU. If we beat MSU and USM as well as the other ooc games, go undefeated in the conference, we will probably get some votes.
    Nahhhh.... We beat everyone but lsu and we will be in by the time conference starts. The reason is that there will be teams losing right and left from #15 to #25. If we can start getting votes, we will be set to move on in. We HAVE to beat MSU and the ones that we are supposed to win, though.

If Sneed is a monster and we make shots, we can do very well. If we play like we did at Alabama we are going to lose some of them. I am hoping our inability to make shots yesterday is a complete aberration, never to be seen again.
    On another topic I hope Long decides to play Nixon. I had heard she was playing well. We can't afford to have tall talent sitting on the bench. If she is back on the team, let her play. We need all our weapons against some of these teams.
    Hard for me to have an opinion on this. Team chemistry is going to dictate that. If Nixon can fall right back in with the team, we will be in good shape. We can't disrupt our team mix too much, though. Same thing with Sidney. We need them both, but he may have to slowly work them into the mix.

On another topic I think this is an exciting team. I feel this anticipation when I watch or listen to them play, like something good is about to happen.
    They make me pretty nervous. I feel that we can win any game and can lose any game. We need Sneed to be strong - as you stated above - and for the outside shots to hit. Basically, if we are playing to our potential, we can win. If we are off (see last night), we can get beat. Makes for an exciting season, but a scary one.:icon_wink:

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Nahhhh.... We beat everyone but lsu and we will be in by the time conference starts. The reason is that there will be teams losing right and left from #15 to #25. If we can start getting votes, we will be set to move on in. We HAVE to beat MSU and the ones that we are supposed to win, though.
    I agree 100%.

OK, so we beat everyone but LSU and you think we'll be back in the top 25. That is a possibility. Staying there, though, will be the challenge.

+ Reply to Thread