+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawaii Fans Furious at Admin.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Football Hawaii Fans Furious at Admin.

Hawaii upsets fans, takes 4,000 less bowl tickets than allotted

Dec. 6, 2007
    CBSSports.com wire reports

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10514878

HONOLULU -- Georgia's apparent home-field advantage at the upcoming Sugar Bowl just grew by 4,000 fans -- thanks to Hawaii.

The University of Hawaii decided against taking its full 17,500-ticket allotment for the Jan. 1 game because it was concerned it could not sell them all, so 4,000 tickets were gladly accepted by Georgia.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Hawaii Fans Furious at Admin.

Oakes would have given them 10,000 tickets.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Oakes would have scalped all of the Tech allotment for face value. Then (and he's done this before) he would have taken the players' bowl gift baskets and given them too big donors.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Taking anything away from a player who offered his body up for an entire season is truly sick. If it's true (not really questioning you), that would have been the end if I were in charge. Managing the budget, screwing with figures and adults is one thing, but to take anything away from a student athlete is straight bullsh*t and should be grounds for immediate dismissal.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Oakes would have scalped all of the Tech allotment for face value. Then (and he's done this before) he would have taken the players' bowl gift baskets and given them too big donors.

...just like he decided to not give the managers and trainers the nice gift watches from the Eddie Robinson Classic and gave them to boosters...left us with a crapy plastic watch...

Sucks for UH. They would have been wanting more tickets after the full 17,500 were sold...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

In other news, BSU has only sold 200 tickets to the Hawaii Bowl.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Taking anything away from a player who offered his body up for an entire season is truly sick. If it's true (not really questioning you), that would have been the end if I were in charge. Managing the budget, screwing with figures and adults is one thing, but to take anything away from a student athlete is straight bullsh*t and should be grounds for immediate dismissal.
    I was at the Humanitarian Bowl in '01 and Oakes did that with a some of the players...maybe all of them, but I don't remember. I'm pretty sure he at least did that to the freshmen and red shirts. Why, I don't know. If he had given me one (of course he didn't), I would have returned it to one of the players and told Oakes to go screw himself.

Varsity Bulldog Screenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

well that's 4,000 less people that will be disappointed how crappy the mainland is compared to their homeplace...especially after Knowshon runs all over them.

i guess the Aloha bowl will hope boise never comes back.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

What I am taking from article is that Hawaii has 23,000 season ticket holders for 7-8 homoe games per year and we can't average 23,000 in attendance if we can't the concession people, teams, cheerleaders, and band twice!

Lots of work to do!

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Screenname View Post
    well that's 4,000 less people that will be disappointed how crappy the mainland is compared to their homeplace.
    Don't count out Georgia. There are some beautiful parts of the world there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech XXIX View Post
    What I am taking from article is that Hawaii has 23,000 season ticket holders for 7-8 homoe games per year and we can't average 23,000 in attendance if we can't the concession people, teams, cheerleaders, and band twice!

Lots of work to do!
    I agree, buuuut if you LIVED in Hawaii, what else would you do? Plus, I wonder how much season tickets cost? The entertainment over there isn't cheap and it is my understanding that the natives have something of a real estate issue over there (which methinks should be easily fixed with ridiculously high property tax and a huge homestead exemption).

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

4,000 more Georgia fans that are going to vomit when that clock runs out! Go Bows!!!

"T"

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Welcome to our world Hawaii...and the same can be said for your opening game next season. This will truly be a test for your program.

Varsity Bulldog Junky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post

So true, I never heard of this, and like you say if it is true, its very sad and he should have been fired by now

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

I agree, buuuut if you LIVED in Hawaii, what else would you do? Plus, I wonder how much season tickets cost? The entertainment over there isn't cheap and it is my understanding that the natives have something of a real estate issue over there (which methinks should be easily fixed with ridiculously high property tax and a huge homestead exemption).[/quote]

Are saying there is more to do in Ruston than there is in Hawaii? Make the population argument, but not that one.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Then (and he's done this before) he would have taken the players' bowl gift baskets and given them too big donors.
    UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

what a loser

+ Reply to Thread