+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Hate Crime?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Latest Hate Crime?

Will this get press as a hate crime? Will it get the press it should in comparison to other "hate crimes"? Let's see how much "Fair and Balanced" coverage this gets from the main stream media, if any coverage at all. Will Jessie or Al be there defending her? At least Fox News just added it to their web page. However, they don't include the last part of the article (racial part), only a link to the Baltimore Sun. Will CNN report this crime at all in real time? I think we all know the answers to these questions. I hope I'm wrong.

Woman beaten on bus

(Provided)
    Sarah Kreager suffered two broken bones in her left eye socket after nine teenagers allegedly attacked her on a city bus.

http://www.examiner.com/a-1089067~St...olice_say.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,315702,00.html

At the bottom of the article
    The suspects in the incident are black. The victim is white, according to the police report.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 12-06-2007 at 06:59 PM.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Re: Latest Hate Crime?

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Will this get press as a hate crime? Will it get the press it should in comparison to other "hate crimes"? Let's see how much "Fair and Balanced" coverage this gets from the main stream media, if any coverage at all. Will Jessie or Al be there defending her? At least Fox News just added it to their web page. However, they don't include the last part of the article (racial part), only a link to the Baltimore Sun. Will CNN report this crime at all in real time? I think we all know the answers to these questions. I hope I'm wrong.

Woman beaten on bus

(Provided)
    Sarah Kreager suffered two broken bones in her left eye socket after nine teenagers allegedly attacked her on a city bus.

http://www.examiner.com/a-1089067~St...olice_say.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,315702,00.html

At the bottom of the article
    The suspects in the incident are black. The victim is white, according to the police report.
    I'm curious as to where the boyfriend that tried to drag her back onto the bus was during the attack.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

I would think that there was more people on the bus than the people involved and the driver... Where is the "great reverend" now? I hope that he stays in his hole.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Nah, just a lot of crime in Baltimore.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/crime/

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Has there ever been a person or group charged for a hate crime against a white person?

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

No, as white people deserve the beatings they receive. :icon_wink:

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Wow, this didnt happen in Mississippi or Louisiana? I am sure the media is disappointed in that.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    I don't doubt that is an actual belief for a lot of people...

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Hate crimes have as their key element hate.. There is no evidence that racial hate played any role here. Those punks would just as likely would have attack a young black couple who got in their face.:icon_wink:

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Hate crimes have as their key element hate.. There is no evidence that racial hate played any role here. Those punks would just as likely would have attack a young black couple who got in their face.:icon_wink:
    Without knowing all the details of the story, I tend to agree with you Salty. Hate crimes, arguably, are meant to define a crime that is committed against someone DUE to their skin color, orientation, ethnicity, etc. And even as the (perhaps) most liberal person on this board, I do think the hate crimes legislation is a tricky area, as one has to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the offender targeted the victim based on their status.

In the story mentioned above, as heinous as it may be, it is unclear as to whether or not this victim was just a random target of hateful behavior, or targeted with hate due to her skin color.

Without knowing all the details of the story, I tend to agree with you Salty. Hate crimes, arguably, are meant to define a crime that is committed against someone DUE to their skin color, orientation, ethnicity, etc. And even as the (perhaps) most liberal person on this board, I do think the hate crimes legislation is a tricky area, as one has to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the offender targeted the victim based on their status.

In the story mentioned above, as heinous as it may be, it is unclear as to whether or not this victim was just a random target of hateful behavior, or targeted with hate due to her skin color.

A good example of a hate crime is for a white to call a black the "N" word.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

I knew as soon as I saw this new story that someone on here would post on it crying about "Where's the reverend now???", or "Why isnt this being described in the liberal media as a hate crime???"
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    I knew as soon as I saw this new story that someone on here would post on it crying about "Where's the reverend now???", or "Why isnt this being described in the liberal media as a hate crime???"
    To be honest, they are fair questions. If this were the other way around, you know what the response would be.

On a side note, I always enjoyed the South Park making fun of hate crimes and how ridiculous it is to have a hate crime since many crimes are driven by hate. I believe a better name would be Prejudice or Unwarranted Hate Crime or something like that. If a man walks in and sees his wife having sex with another man and he kills them. I would say he was probably burning with hate and rage, but it seems that he had a reason. A hate crime seems to be a crime that has unwarranted hate for something that the victim has no control over or shoudnt make you hate them (race, gender, etc.).

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I'm not sure whether or not this is a hate crime, but should it really matter? Is it worse to attack an innocent man if your motive is racially inspired? I guess some might say yes, but I'd prefer to think that the law judges our actions and not our intentions.

+ Reply to Thread