+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of car?...........

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

What kind of car?...........

did you drive during your college years (if you were lucky enough to have one). I got to thinking about this while posting on a different thread. See if you can find a picture of said vehicle and post it here along with a good story. I've already heard a couple about Straydawgs car! I had a motorcycle as my only means and I miss that old bike. I went deer hunting one time and had to break down my shotgun and strap it to the handlebars on the way out. I was so cold on the way back from Farmerville that when I stopped at the Easy-Mart on California for a cup of joe on the way back that I couldn't talk to the clerk..my jaw muscles had locked up underneath my chin-strap!

917_1.jpeg
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: What kind of car?...........

First

Second

Last...and current

Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

1969 Pontiac Lemans

Varsity Bulldog Dawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her game Dawgyinmiami's Avatar

1989 Toyota pickup like this one, except it was maroon. I loved that truck. A story that wasn't so funny, but is now is the night that my girlfriend and I went to the NLU-Tech game. We got back into Ruston and went to dominos to pick up a pizza. We were on our way back to her apartment when someone pulled out in front of me where the arcade used to be on Tech Drive. It was raining that night, so, needless to say, stopping wasn't the easiest thing to do. I t-boned the guy right behind his driver's side door breaking his back wheel off and spinning us both around in the process. the front of my truck was trashed. One of the Ruston cops tried to buy the CB out of it from me. Great night, let me tell you.

Dawgyinmiami
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

My first vehicle was similar to this one...97(I think) Silverado

My second vehicle. 2002 Toyota Tundra

My final college vehicle. 2004 Silverado

Of course none of these were the actual vehicle. But they were similar in color and style.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

That was then

This is now

That's what having kids will do for ya.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post

1969 Pontiac Lemans

Waht kind of car did Starsky & Hutch drive? BTW: Did you know that one of them was from Shreveport?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

THEN

NOW
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

1996 Honda Civic EX. Still have it, it's the only car I've owned. Looking at it inside and out it's like new, but 200k miles have taken a toll on the mechanical side of it. Come June 2008 I'll be driving this:

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

1983 Honda Civic Wagovan (brown)

Funny (in the pathetic way) story: Came back to S'port to hang out with some friends that were coming back into town from their college. We ended up going on Friday night to the Ellerbe Road school late that night. My window got shot out while we were inside. So of course, I pulled the "garbage bag over the back window" trick.

I had FINALLY gotten a date with my college crush either Saturday night or Sunday night. For some reason we took my car on this date, instead of her car. We drove on I-20 with nothing but the sound of the loud garbage bag flapping in the wind. It was so loud that we didn't even get the chance to talk. So I'm finally recovering from that and we're getting along really good before the movie until one of those things on flashes on the screen about 'blah blah blah if you were born during of after the year of 1980'. She makes a comment something like "surely nobody in here is that young". (My b-day is May 13th, 80.) She then says "oh my... sometimes I forget that your just a baby". :bigcry:

On the way back is more garbage bag flapping in the wind with no talking. Somehow, I got a little kiss out of the night, but no second date.

My one chance with her, and my car screws it all up.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Oh yea, During spring of 99, the Honda motor blew out, and I got this (not the exact pic, but similar). 91 Grand Am

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Waht kind of car did Starsky & Hutch drive? BTW: Did you know that one of them was from Shreveport?
    I think they drove a mid 1970's Ford Gran Torino. I don't recall ever hearing that one on them was from Shreveport.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

First came to college I had a 1982 Toyota P'up 4 cylinder, manual, diesel

Went 60 only downhill with a good tailwind, this is not it but pretty close, just add a big cover on the back and it was silver!

Only had that till the first Christmas break then Pawpaw (grandfather) wanted it back, although it was old and slow that truck would NEVER die, the engine was in awesome shape and it ran like a top till I was on my way to take it back and it killed halfway there (A/C belt broke and killed the engine when it was on from then on). I traded Pawpaw for his 1993 Crown Victoria:

Looked exactly like this, so I was constantly mistaken for a cop on the highway, even had a roommates friend that was hanging out at my house, umm after just enjoying some herbal therapy; I drove up came inside talked a little bit then he glanced out the window and freaked. He jumped up shouting "Oh SHIT IT'S THE COPS!!!" Grabbed anything incremenating from his backpack and was halfway out the back door before he heard us laughing.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

First:

Second:

Third:

Fourth:

Fifth:

Sixth:

And Now:

And it only took me 6 years to graduate after changing majors 5 times.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Bought my first car when I was a sophomore - a 69 Chevy Impala.
    Go Tech!

+ Reply to Thread