View Poll Results: Who is the best rock band of all time?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Beatles

20 37.74%
  • Led Zeppelin

12 22.64%
  • U2

3 5.66%
  • Rolling Stones

7 13.21%
  • The Clash

0 0%
  • The Doors

0 0%
  • The Who

0 0%
  • Pink Floyd

2 3.77%
  • Queen

3 5.66%
  • Bob needs to stay off the music threads

6 11.32%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best band EVER

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

best band EVER

Who do you think is the best rock band to ever record a song. only 10 choices, so i'm sure i left off some people's favorites. i tried to go for a little variety, and many are not bands that i consider worthy of the poll, but i figure they are popular enough to give people the option. if you have read any of the other music threads lately, you know my vote is led zeppelin.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Re: best band EVER

Get the Led out.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

They are all 60's bands... come on bob... you can do better than that!!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    Who do you think is the best rock band to ever record a song. only 10 choices, so i'm sure i left off some people's favorites. i tried to go for a little variety, and many are not bands that i consider worthy of the poll, but i figure they are popular enough to give people the option. if you have read any of the other music threads lately, you know my vote is led zeppelin.
    how come you dont have Britney Spears on there? What about Alabama? Brooks and Dunn? Buck Owens and the Hee Haw Gang?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

I've actually heard the music of all these bands. Therefore, it must be a list of "old folks" bands. I voted for the Beatles but the Who was my favorite at the time.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    They are all 60's bands... come on bob... you can do better than that!!

if there's a band that's come out since 1990 that's better than any of these, please name them.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Being a child of the '60's, I can identify with most of these. I voted for the Beatles and they were undoubtedly the best rock group of all time but the best rock band is no doubt the Rolling Stones. If you have ever been to one of their concerts, you would know what I mean. There could be a strong argument, however, for Led Zeplin and Arrowsmith as the best rock band.

The Eagles would be second to the Beatles as the best rock group.

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Being a child of the '60's, I can identify with most of these. I voted for the Beatles and they were undoubtedly the best rock group of all time but the best rock band is no doubt the Rolling Stones. If you have ever been to one of their concerts, you would know what I mean. There could be a strong argument, however, for Led Zeplin and Arrowsmith as the best rock band.

The Eagles would be second to the Beatles as the best rock group.
    i guess i don't understand your distinction between band and group. i guess my definition of "band" is "small group of musicians."

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    skynard? the best EVER? really? alright. one vote for skynyrd. they were the first group i eliminated from my long list. i figured the allman brothers were better, but i wound up cutting them, too.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

skynard? the best EVER? really? alright. one vote for skynyrd. they were the first group i eliminated from my long list. i figured the allman brothers were better, but i wound up cutting them, too.
    If I were voting in this thread, I'd probably vote for Zepplin, but I personally enjoy listening to Skynard more than several of the bands on the list...even more than LZ sometimes. I think they're hurt by what Johnny VanZandt has done since the plane crash. That and they don't have the longevity of some of the groups on the list.

Also, if best "Behind the Music" carries any weight, LS is definitely top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    If I were voting in this thread, I'd probably vote for Zepplin, but I personally enjoy listening to Skynard more than several of the bands on the list...even more than LZ sometimes. I think they're hurt by what Johnny VanZandt has done since the plane crash. That and they don't have the longevity of some of the groups on the list.

Also, if best "Behind the Music" carries any weight, LS is definitely top 10.
    if i were to include them in the poll, it would definitely have a parenthetical "before the crash."

if i were to include them in the poll, it would definitely have a parenthetical "before the crash."
    Kind of like U2...U2 in the 80's easily deserves to be there...since then, I'd put Puddle of Mudd on the list sooner (not really, but you get the point).

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Well, BAND means I can't select Mr. Dylan.

I like my rock SOUTHERN FRIED -

(1) Allman Bros. Band
    (2) CCR
    (3) Skynard

Out of the ones on Bob's list, I'll take the Beatles.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Well, BAND means I can't select Mr. Dylan.

I like my rock SOUTHERN FRIED -

(1) Allman Bros. Band
    (2) CCR
    (3) Skynard

Out of the ones on Bob's list, I'll take the Beatles.
    Speaking of CCR, I stumbled upon an upsetting discovery the other day. More and more college students are bastardizing the letters CCR to refer to some crappy country band named "Cross Canadian Ragweed".

+ Reply to Thread