+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone here use last.fm?

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Anyone here use last.fm?

Just curious if I was the only one since it tends to be a pretty Europe centric phenom ... If so I am thinking of starting a Louisiana Tech group (unless there is one I havent found yet) ...

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Re: Anyone here use last.fm?

Nevermind ... creating groups is easy. Its called "Louisiana Tech" and I made membership open. Join if you are on Last.fm. I'll add a picture later ...

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Found the group http://www.last.fm/group/Louisiana+Tech

Now what does it do? Why should I join?

I don't know ... just because I think it would be cool to see what a collective bunch of people who went to Louisiana Tech listen to. I am sure not offering any incentives to join

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    I don't know ... just because I think it would be cool to see what a collective bunch of people who went to Louisiana Tech listen to. I am sure not offering any incentives to join
    I was just asking what the site actually does. I couldn't tell from browsing the site.

Oh, I use it for tracking what I listen to through Pandora, Yahoo Music/LAUNCH. They also have a pay service where you can listen to pretty much anything they have in their catalog -- similar to Rhapsody or Yahoo Music. I have been tempted to get two services like that because I am noticing that other services have things YM doesn't have an vice versa. I don't buy CD's any more and because my job allows me to listen to music while I am working, I listen to anywhere from 30 minutes to a full 8 hours of music a day. Subscription services are made for people like me ...

Here is a few examples for me ...
    Recent tracks listened to ...

Weekly top artists ...

They also chart your listens in a rolling 3 month format which I find extremely useful. You can use Last.fm with a lot of things including an iPod and just about any piece of software you listen to music through.

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    Oh, I use it for tracking what I listen to through Pandora, Yahoo Music/LAUNCH. They also have a pay service where you can listen to pretty much anything they have in their catalog -- similar to Rhapsody or Yahoo Music. I have been tempted to get two services like that because I am noticing that other services have things YM doesn't have an vice versa. I don't buy CD's any more and because my job allows me to listen to music while I am working, I listen to anywhere from 30 minutes to a full 8 hours of music a day. Subscription services are made for people like me ...

Here is a few examples for me ...
    Recent tracks listened to ...

Weekly top artists ...

They also chart your listens in a rolling 3 month format which I find extremely useful. You can use Last.fm with a lot of things including an iPod and just about any piece of software you listen to music through.
    Oh. That's cool. I'll join up when my iPhone comes in.

+ Reply to Thread